Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-12, 07:19 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL!!! Man I wish I can be there to see his face. I love watching people the first time and they have the worried stunned look on their face.

Mark the only reason I take pleasure is because I have been there with the worried face on stereos and then ECU. I know you will do fine...The amount of data you have here is great and now it us up to you sir. Atleast you do not have anyone yelling mean things as you turn the key
Old 03-22-12, 11:14 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ICONYQ
LOL!!! Man I wish I can be there to see his face. I love watching people the first time and they have the worried stunned look on their face.

Mark the only reason I take pleasure is because I have been there with the worried face on stereos and then ECU. I know you will do fine...The amount of data you have here is great and now it us up to you sir. Atleast you do not have anyone yelling mean things as you turn the key
Thats the truth man. I will trouble shoot this firsat thing in the morning, after I buy some wire and connectors.

I dont think it will be any trouble now. It should work as it should. If it runs, I will be running up and down the street without a hood or front bumper. I also need to drain out the old gas. It has 3/4 tank with 93 octane from Chevron. Will this hurt? or drain it?
Old 03-22-12, 12:16 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

how old is the gasoline, mark? anything older than 6 months may be getting bad.
Old 03-22-12, 08:28 PM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

couldn't he just drop octane booster...a crap load with 3/4 tank instead of having to drain and worry about disposal?
Old 03-22-12, 08:48 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Its pretty easy to just run the car without boosting, or siphon it out and burn it.
Old 03-22-12, 08:54 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was curious about how long gas can sit and be ok. mine has only been sitting since 08 ish lol
Old 03-23-12, 05:16 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

DO NOT use "Octane" Booster" as it does not boost octane. They usually juts have a bunch of dyes in them and such.

Go to a paint store and buy Toluene or xylene, these have been proven to actually raise octane depending on the ratio.

If the gas is that old, prime the fuel pump with the return line in a bucket or gas can, and put in some fresh stuff.

Again, at least you lucky bastards can actually get 93 octane!
Old 03-23-12, 06:08 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

i think the "combustability" of the old gasoline is more of a problem than the octane.
i could be wrong though.
anyway, don't put octane bewster in there. lulz
Old 03-24-12, 03:17 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

More updates. I tried to trouble shoot the wiring mess for sometime with the help of Cartmill. I ended running two seperate relays by the AEM. One is for the AEM and the other for the coils, ignitors, and injectors. I did this by tapping the switched 12 volts on by the IGN fuse in the driver side kick panel. Ran a wire from the battery for the both relays to supply constant 12 volts, then grounded them to a bolt nearby. If anyone is wanting to this, on the relay, 87 gets constant 12 volts form battery, 86 gets switched from IGN fuse, 30 gets power to the source, 85 is ground. Installed the shifter, added 3.4 quarts of fluid with the Redline, the shifter ****, stereo with nav, and a couple of panels.

The car does start and run, but immediately dies. But hen starts right up. I think it might be in the IACV. I still need someone to remove theirs and tell me what all goes inside theirs. I cant find anything on this 1JZ. I couldn't have done without the patient and understanding Cartmill... Another thing about the R154, I installed the new MC bushing and washer, and the shifter still has alot of play. I drove 2 other cars with the R154, and they have play also. I was thinking this would eliminate all the play. Does the 4 inch extension have anything to do with this play... Especially in 1st and 3rd. I actually put it in, and then unistalled thinking I had done something wrong...

The DP is being custom made. The flanges came in and money well spent. Hopefully this will be on by Tuesday, exhaust with gaskets installed, finishing putting panels back on, tidying up loose ends, AND POST A START UP VIDEO WITH SOME STREET PULLS.

When you use the AEM, the fuel pump is triggered by a ground, NOT by 12 volts. All I had to do, was extend my current ground.

Stereo out......

This **** is mack daddy, best 60 bucks I spent.....well almost...

The AEM boost control solenoid is finally mounted and secured. Wires ran...

The new stereo installed, man I love this thing....

Relays mounted through the metal, right beside the AEM...

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 03-24-12 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-24-12, 04:22 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

On the side of the trans where the shifter goes inside the trans there are 2 bolts one on the left and the other on the right , behind those bolts you have a ball and the spring . the springs are probably worn or lost tension.
Attached Thumbnails 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!-trans.jpg  
Old 03-24-12, 04:25 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

if you look closely you will see them inside my trans, i just extended the shifter 3 nights ago.

Your car should run without an IAC valve , i never use an iac valve on all my na-t setup on ems.
I bet it's your TPS that need to be set, not the iac valve .

Last edited by 99SC42; 03-24-12 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-24-12, 05:54 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I gotcha. If I didn't have to take the darn tranny out again to reach those, I would check it and fix it. This thing has way toooooo much play for me... I am assuming these cannot be tightened up outside the tranny, under the car?

Quick, you are prolly right on the adjustment of the TPS. As soon as I get the DP, I will fire this thing up for good and troubleshoot the small things.
Old 03-24-12, 06:01 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

You can just set your TPS in the AEM it's very easy..and please lock your timing and go from there.
Old 03-24-12, 06:55 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

I already calibrated the tps.

Mark, get that downpipe on there!

If I were you I'd just get another used IACV. They are pretty cheap to pick up used right?
Old 03-25-12, 02:14 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

The dp is near done. :-)

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!