Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My 2jzgte swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-11, 02:32 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hi excellent progress. can you go into more detail on the trac butterfly delete as i have one of these on my jz. so i don't need this and should remove it?? if you swap in a jdm engine into these cars the trac feature wont work anyway right???
Old 11-08-11, 06:58 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by megamax
hi excellent progress. can you go into more detail on the trac butterfly delete as i have one of these on my jz. so i don't need this and should remove it?? if you swap in a jdm engine into these cars the trac feature wont work anyway right???
You won't have a trac ecu so really the system cant work. Google supra traction control, there is a video that explains how it works. I just broke/unbolted mine and had the holes welded in. I also cut the extra aluminum.
Old 11-16-11, 07:04 AM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Here are some pictures of the progress I have made. I had a bung welded in for the brake booster vacuum. Aristo P/S resevoir. I still have to finish the exhaust, I should have that done today. I plugged my computer in and finished up all the wiring. I still have to figure out where I am going to put the gauges.

Old 11-16-11, 04:34 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Old 11-16-11, 06:11 PM
Lexiana93
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man good luck with the build. maybe you can help me out when i get my swap im always around there at that MD auto and truck place dropping off trucks for inspection. Im also homeboys with sherrod with the accord you guys do work on all the time. mite see me ride thru every now and then(gold sc) well getting primed now.
Old 11-16-11, 07:16 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Looks awesome!
Old 11-17-11, 10:04 AM
breed
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's some nice looking free flowing exhaust bro. If your running exhaust like that those turbos better be US spec because if not your going to blow up those stock JDM Turbos. You will need some sort of back pressure. A 1.2bar restrictor ring is what I would suggest, and also why did u choose to keep the stock engine mounts?

Keep it up man your almost there.

Last edited by breed; 11-17-11 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Brain Fart
Old 11-17-11, 12:37 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well he dis mention it was an Aristo 2jz motor. So its a safe bet it has ceramic blenders on it.
Old 11-17-11, 02:18 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexiana93
hey man good luck with the build. maybe you can help me out when i get my swap im always around there at that MD auto and truck place dropping off trucks for inspection. Im also homeboys with sherrod with the accord you guys do work on all the time. mite see me ride thru every now and then(gold sc) well getting primed now.
Thanks, let me know if you need any help. P.S. Sherrod is the man!

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Looks awesome!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by breed
That's some nice looking free flowing exhaust bro. If your running exhaust like that those turbos better be US spec because if not your going to blow up those stock JDM Turbos. You will need some sort of back pressure. A 1.2bar restrictor ring is what I would suggest, and also why did u choose to keep the stock engine mounts?
Keep it up man your almost there.
Thanks, they are JDM turbos, I am running an aem boost controller so I will be keeping the boost down. I am also getting the car professionally tuned. I am not looking to make a lot of power yet so I didn't see a need to upgrade the mounts. If they break, I will upgrade. Same as with the turbos and transmission. I am 30 so I wont be ******* this thing on my daily commute.
Old 11-17-11, 06:02 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats coming along quite nicely. You need to post a video of it all together, wiring, gauges mounted, running, exhaust done and such.
Old 11-17-11, 09:00 PM
breed
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vwpride12
Thanks, they are JDM turbos, I am running an aem boost controller so I will be keeping the boost down. I am also getting the car professionally tuned. I am not looking to make a lot of power yet so I didn't see a need to upgrade the mounts. If they break, I will upgrade. Same as with the turbos and transmission. I am 30 so I wont be ******* this thing on my daily commute.

If you guys read any books on turbos, you'd know that reducing exhaust backpressure increases volumetric efficiency, which increases the amount of exhaust gases produced by the engine since the engine can breathe better, which can overwhelm an internal wastegate, which will speed up the turbine, which will increase boost pressure.
Removing the catalytic converters and installing a downpipe and aftermarket/custom exhaust unit reduces backpressure enough to cause over boosting, a great way to grenade your Stock JDM Twins. Your aem boost controller won't help lower your boost. Your going to need some sort of restriction in your exhaust system, that's why anyone with JDM TT's usually run restrictor rings. Then they install a boost controller and turn it up from there.

Last edited by breed; 11-17-11 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-18-11, 05:39 AM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Thats coming along quite nicely. You need to post a video of it all together, wiring, gauges mounted, running, exhaust done and such.
Thanks, Ill be putting a video together when done. Ill be sure to post it.
Old 11-18-11, 05:43 AM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Well, I put the base map in and went to set my throttle up and found my tps was bad. Ordered one last night should be here shortly.
Old 11-18-11, 06:04 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Great progress! Love that exhaust! We ran into the overboosting problem on my customer's 2JZ SC300 we just finished. Kept hitting boost cut, exhaust didn't provide enough back pressure. We fabricated our own restrictor plates, which are removeable when our customer decides to upgrade turbos!

-Cam, Tweak'd Performance
Old 11-18-11, 06:29 AM
DubbStep
Pole Position

Looking Pretty Sweet....

subscribed

Quick Reply: My 2jzgte swap