Old 05-30-12, 06:59 AM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-30-12, 07:11 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

so how difficult was the wiring, did you have a refrence of some sort as to what to do? The reason you got rid of sequential set up is because you wanted to look cleaner and faster spool? or because it was harder to wire?
Old 05-30-12, 09:15 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trying to run sequential off of the AEM would be difficult, if not impossible to execute. It would not be worth the hassle. Also, getting rid of sequential makes it spool SLOWER, but most people running manuals don't really notice it as much or care as much as the auto guys.
Old 05-30-12, 08:49 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MDSC
so how difficult was the wiring, did you have a refrence of some sort as to what to do? The reason you got rid of sequential set up is because you wanted to look cleaner and faster spool? or because it was harder to wire?
Wiring the swap or the turbos? For the swap I used the pinout that came with the supra tt AEM, the sc300 and supra factory wiring diagram, and a write up on here by waganstyle. My turbos are running off of no solenoids now. Everything is "mechanically" vacuum actuated. It's not the ttc setup either. I tapped into some other areas on the sequential setup for when the first and second turbos kicks in. When I wired the AEM it had inputs/outputs/pinouts or whatever for the sequental stuff I just didn't use it. I would think if it was there it would be usable. But I don't know, I'm not a tuner, I'm just a parts changer. I'm going single because my goal is to make around 500 on pump gas and be a daily driver. I've been running 20 psi on the jdm turbos and w58 for about 8000 miles now, I just want a more reliable setup when I throw my injectors in and try to make moar power. Not that my setup now has ever let me down. Im slowly trying to weed out the questionable parts on my swap. Brad brooks tuned my car, he is in maryland and really knows what he is doing. I'm sure he would be able to answer the question about running twins on the AEM.
Old 05-31-12, 05:26 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vwpride12
Wiring the swap or the turbos? For the swap I used the pinout that came with the supra tt AEM, the sc300 and supra factory wiring diagram, and a write up on here by waganstyle. My turbos are running off of no solenoids now. Everything is "mechanically" vacuum actuated. It's not the ttc setup either. I tapped into some other areas on the sequential setup for when the first and second turbos kicks in. When I wired the AEM it had inputs/outputs/pinouts or whatever for the sequental stuff I just didn't use it. I would think if it was there it would be usable. But I don't know, I'm not a tuner, I'm just a parts changer. I'm going single because my goal is to make around 500 on pump gas and be a daily driver. I've been running 20 psi on the jdm turbos and w58 for about 8000 miles now, I just want a more reliable setup when I throw my injectors in and try to make moar power. Not that my setup now has ever let me down. Im slowly trying to weed out the questionable parts on my swap. Brad brooks tuned my car, he is in maryland and really knows what he is doing. I'm sure he would be able to answer the question about running twins on the AEM.
Wait, so you are saying that you ARE running the turbos sequentially? But not using VSVs to control any of it? That is interesting. I would be curious to know how that works.
Old 05-31-12, 06:00 AM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Wait, so you are saying that you ARE running the turbos sequentially? But not using VSVs to control any of it? That is interesting. I would be curious to know how that works.
Yes, the turbos are running sequentially. There are two different vacuum sources for the wastegates. A guy I used to work with did this on a sc300 with a supra TT swap about 10 years ago. That car was the reason I built this one. Ill take some pictures when I get my car back Of how I did it.
Old 05-31-12, 06:07 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Please do. If I can set mine up in sequential without all the electronics, I would love to give it a shot. When does the first turbo spool, and when is the transition?
Old 05-31-12, 06:30 AM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Please do. If I can set mine up in sequential without all the electronics, I would love to give it a shot. When does the first turbo spool, and when is the transition?
I think the first turbo comes in around 32 or 3300, But I will pay a little more attention next time I drive it which should be tonight.
Old 05-31-12, 07:22 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

That sounds like TTC. My twins are locked into TTC and they both spool around 3300RPM. Sequentials spool really early, like around 2000RPM or less IIRC.
Old 06-03-12, 02:23 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

That sounds like TTC. My twins are locked into TTC and they both spool around 3300RPM. Sequentials spool really early, like around 2000RPM or less IIRC.
I payed a little attention to it today. I'm at 5 psi pretty much as soon as I give it any gas. I think around 1250 is when the first turbo kicks, by 2500 I'm around 14psi and climbing to 18-20 fast.
Old 06-03-12, 02:35 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Nice! That sounds more like it If you are willing to share that setup, I would love to try it out.
Old 06-03-12, 02:38 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Sure, I'll have to do some research on what all the valves are called so I don't sound like a complete idiot. I'll post some pics up tomorrow.
Old 06-03-12, 02:44 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Thanks mang!
Old 06-03-12, 02:46 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Old 06-03-12, 03:23 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

I can't find the write up that says what all the valves are called. Hopefully this will make sense. One nipple on each waste gate actuater has a cap on it. The other on each actuator run up to a three way vacuum tee and meets with a vacuum line from the port on the front compressor housing. This is where my boost controller used to be. The vacuum line at the bottom of the picture runs down to the exhaust bypass valve. Then I have a vacuum port welded in the thing that bolts on the top of the assembly. Intake bypass valve? It has 4 nuts holding it down. That vacuum supply runs directly to the valve behind it. You can kind of see it in the picture. I am running a 3 inch down pipe which may be the reason I am running so much psi at higher Rpm's. Maybe if I had a 2.5 she would stay right at 14.

Quick Reply: My 2jzgte swap