Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store

Old 08-22-11, 06:14 PM
SC YAA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice build bro!!! im interested to see how the coil pack conversion works out for you. Let me know how it works. Im going to be boosting my car this winter i have the same turbo ready to bold on soon.
Old 08-24-11, 07:06 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLID300
Very nice build man! It seems that you are a few weeks ahead of me and are going through this the right way! I am taking notes and this thread is gonna help me alot. Thanks to you I know what fuel pump Imma go with. You are already helping! Gl
Originally Posted by sc300guy89
Nice build bro!!! im interested to see how the coil pack conversion works out for you. Let me know how it works. Im going to be boosting my car this winter i have the same turbo ready to bold on soon.
Thanks guys! I'm working diligently but it's my daily . I have to plan ahead and only install parts that won't hinder me going to work.

Lemme see yo grillllll

Got the ETS core mounted but the bottom needed some type of support still. I had to get a local fab shop weld on some straight alum stock to the bottom. The IC piping shouldn't be to bad on the hot side. I'm going to run a 90deg silicone elbow off the turbo facing towards the headlight and route a 2.5" 70deg intercooler pipe under the headlight where the airbox inlet shroud was. There is plenty of room to clear a 2.5" pipe here without interfering without the headlight. That pipe will bend down and 90 deg to a 2.5" to 3" silicone reducer to the core's inlet.

Then the outlet will be 3" piping but will be alittle bit more difficult. Because this ETS core sits closer to the bumper support, the cold side outlet has to clear the A/C dryer and PS hard line cluster fak. I'm not sure how I'm actually going to get the 3" piping to loop in and up towards the FFIM. There is no room whatsoever on that side to fit piping through. I guess if the battery was relocated you could just go straight up .

I think next will be my FSM FFIM and 90mm RMR throttle body. Also went with a phenolic spacer for the intake gasket to reduce heat in the intake.

Dan's design incorporates the stock GE IACV idle stepper valve so that you don't have to worry about start up cold idle issues or compatibility problems.

I'm sure there will be some snags when installing this but I'm pumped to clear everything up and open up room for some GTE valve covers .
Old 08-24-11, 07:14 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant wait to see that on the car, def interested in how that IACV works out
Old 08-24-11, 07:23 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

clean job bro
Old 09-06-11, 03:28 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

any pics of the fujitsubo exhaust at eye level?
Old 09-06-11, 11:04 PM
619Rider
Pole Position

so you are not going to be running any stand alone system with the 7mgte CPS and VVti coils ?

what is that threaded whole for... into the IACV idle stepper valve?
Old 09-07-11, 07:05 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 619Rider
so you are not going to be running any stand alone system with the 7mgte CPS and VVti coils ?

what is that threaded whole for... into the IACV idle stepper valve?
I'm running AEM V2. The IACV stepper motor allows air into the intake path using that port. The stock throttle body integrated this into it.

I'll take some more pix of the car and get some eye level ones. The tips are 3.5" I believe, they honestly are perfect and don't look out of place at all.
Old 09-08-11, 12:18 PM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HiPSI
I'm running AEM V2. The IACV stepper motor allows air into the intake path using that port. The stock throttle body integrated this into it.

I'll take some more pix of the car and get some eye level ones. The tips are 3.5" I believe, they honestly are perfect and don't look out of place at all.

I would like to see pics as well, mine still hasnt arrived in the mail yet! the tips are actually 3.75". Was the power gain noticeable?
Old 09-09-11, 08:09 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ScBouncE
I would like to see pics as well, mine still hasnt arrived in the mail yet! the tips are actually 3.75". Was the power gain noticeable?
Not really , car is slow lol. I did notice a good amount throttle response though when I went AEM and deleted the airbox / maf and put a straight 3" pipe with a cone filter.

I was really surprised how quiet the fujitsubo exhaust was, I could barely hear it. Then it opened up a bit once it broke in but it's still very mild, probably due to it having 4 mufflers.

Last edited by HiPSI; 09-09-11 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-09-11, 08:53 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Very clean SC and awesome build.. Nice work
Old 09-09-11, 09:14 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ Thanks!

Got the FSMmoto FFIM kit on and the car is running. Still fine tuning / tweaking the install as it involved a ton of little things to get working. For anyone that has not worked on the intake manifold side of these cars, it was a HUGE pain in the ****. Do yourself a favor and set aside a few days to attempt this install as it was not as easy as I thought.

Tips for install.

- There are 2 coolant lines that attach to the stock throttle body. I clipped these and stuck bolts into them and clamped down on them to block these off.
- De-sheath wiring harness and re-wrap to extend wires. The TPS and Idle IACV are in different places
- Extended TPS harness a foot
- RMR throttle body cable wheel goes on left side, TPS on the right and TPS harness faces the battery
- For the throttle cable bracket I had to unbolt the rear allen bolt and swing the bracket facing down to clear the intake runner.
- TT Reservoir does fit on the side but I could not bolt it down, it's just chilling in there.
- Had to purchase a Optima red top battery as my stock battery was way to big to fit the piping past it.
- Wrap everything in masking tape as you will install and un-install several times and it is a TIGHT fit, you will nick and scratch everything in the process.
-Prepare to having someone with you that has smaller arms, as getting to the 6th and 7th bolt inside the plenum when mounting it to the runner was impossible for me to reach to.
- The FSMmoto kit uses a standard TT oem throttle cable, but you must use the sc300 throttle pedal stopper on it.
- UNPLUG and leave unplugged the 3 sensors just below intake runners as I was trying to uninstall the intake and it broke 2 clips. The clips are very hard and brittle I guess from age.
- The TT reservoir's top nipple requires a 3/8th automatic transmission fluid tube or "oil" approved line and the bottom line is alot larger. I had the guys at advanced auto search for the TT supra application to find a tube that is cut to fit for the bottom line. Ended up being 12 bucks and I only used 8 inches out of the 3 feet they provide.
- I used the top 2 studs on the runners that were originally there to mount the wiring harness for the 2 grounding points to the runner. It fit perfectly.

I'm sure there is more but that was everything I can remember off the top of my head.

Some pix : Ignore my anti-scratch blue tape attempt

There was a NOTICEABLE drop in torq, I immediately noticed that while driving it. I would not recommend this mod for the NA guys as it will destroy your bottom end torque. The sound of the intake and overall exhaust note is much more growly supra sounding now and the IACV valve whistles extremely loud from putting a small cone filter on the barbed fitting.

Up next is the vvti COP setup and deleting the distributor with the 7mgte cps.

Last edited by HiPSI; 09-09-11 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-09-11, 09:36 AM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I am very impressed with this build, everything is done properly! Good job!
Old 09-09-11, 03:25 PM
copermn
Rookie

definitely taking notes from this for the future keep up the good work man.

btw, could you pm how much that intake manifold and throttle body cost you and where you got it from exactly? thanks
Old 09-10-11, 03:25 AM
sc300Super
Rookie

same here, please let me know where you got those manifold and throttle body, too.

Thanks
Old 09-10-11, 08:58 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Contact Dan at First State Motorsports: dan@fsmoto.net

http://fsmoto.net/

The throttle body is made by RMR - Ross Machine Racing

Last edited by HiPSI; 09-10-11 at 09:08 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store