Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-11, 08:41 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store

Since this forum doesn't get much in terms of performance documentation lately and I'm bored I figured I'd start my own build thread to get my *** in gear to start the project.

My 94 SC:

Virgin Engine Bay:

Current goal is to hit 300whp safely and get the bugs worked out with the stock HG and fuel setup. Then upgrade the fuel completely and go for 450whp ish. Once that's working great and the w58 is hating life I'll eventually switch to HOPEFULLY a v160 and go for 500-600whp. This platform is very new to me and with AEM being new as well I'd rather take it slow. I'll probably end up getting AEM running, dialed in way before I try mounting the turbo for good and boosting it.

Current stock pile of parts:

Bone stock GE Motor - 90k miles
TT OEM Headgasket
ARP Headstuds - <---To buy list*

FSM FFIM
RMR 90mm Billet throttle body
TT Power Steering Reservior
Phenolic intake manifold gasket

Going Distributor-less:
7mGTE CPS w/ polished cover
IS300 Ignition coils w/ DH61 Igniter
7mGTE Harness pack to extend

ETS 4" Intercooler
Tial Q 50mm BOV
2.5" hotside IC pipes to 3" Cold Side

Precision 6265 Billet - Journal w/ 1.00 Divided Turbine (Coated & Polished)
SPracing 2JZ-GE Tubular Manifold - Ceramic Coated
4" Downpipe / Midpipe (I'll be adding a 4" E-cutout to this)
Precision 46mm Wastegate
Fujitsubo SS Cat-back

AEM EMS Ver. 2 W/ IAT- MAP - MAC valve for boost control
AEM UEGO Wideband

Fuel Mods:

Still undecided but leaning towards 1100cc High Imp FIC injectors. Still undecided on which pumps I'd like to run. Opinions or recommendations on fuel setups for 600-700whp? I'd like to steer away from something incredibly noisey like dual out of tank mounted 044's lol. From the videos that I've seen those suckers are louder than hell! Maybe dual denso TT pumps?

Drivetrain stuff:

I'll probably end up going with a cheap street disc'd clutch in the w58 for the time being until I break something. Hopefully the stock w58 will hold at least 450whp until I can justify the costs of a v160 & rear diff & axles.

Some pix of the fun stuff:

Test Fitted the turbo manifold and turbo and realized there was clearance for the throttle body / upper intercooler piping so I ordered the FSM FFIM kit from Dan:

The ebay 4" downpipe / midpipe from the MKIV TT Supra BOLTED IN with zero hacking or modifying! I was blown away. We'll see what needs to be done to the midpipe once I really bolt it down for good.

Either going to recirculate the wastegate here, or turn the wastegate outlet more and just fire it down with a 90deg dumptube, haven't decided yet.

I'll add more when it comes!
Old 08-06-11, 08:48 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

HipSi, that's just clean! Nice stance, great paint...can't wait to see more!
Old 08-06-11, 08:52 PM
Oxford
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean car and looks like the engine bay will be even better. Keep it up
Old 08-06-11, 09:20 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice pickup! keep us updated on your progress
Old 08-07-11, 09:45 AM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh...well damm, you get to work fast. Good luck on the build man, i want a ride along.
Old 08-07-11, 11:13 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Ugh...well damm, you get to work fast. Good luck on the build man, i want a ride along.
Thanks guys! It might be awhile before it's 100%. This is currently my daily and in between working weird hours and taking my time it might take longer than expected.
Old 08-07-11, 12:06 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Man, doing it once and doing it right. Looks great!
Old 08-08-11, 07:36 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Looks great man!! keep up the great work!

As far as W58 holding, mine is holding jus fine and im makin ova 450+whp but then again im 1JZ...really bro it jus depends on how u drive the car, i would advise you, no launching or banging gears...

Truth be told the W58 will break, but its jus when it will break is the question, also i have a good clutch in mine, ACT Xtreme PP with ACT 6 Puck sprung disk!

Goodluck!!

Last edited by 94_soarer; 08-08-11 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-08-11, 08:34 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
Looks great man!! keep up the great work!

As far as W58 holding, mine is holding jus fine and im makin ova 450+whp but then again im 1JZ...really bro it jus depends on how u drive the car, i would advise you, no launching or banging gears...

Truth be told the W58 will break, but its jus when it will break is the question, also i have a good clutch in mine, ACT Xtreme PP with ACT 6 Puck sprung disk!

Goodluck!!
Thanks I'm hoping it will hold for a good while! I know I'm gonna have to baby it until I can justify$$ the getrag and diff swap.

Just waiting on RMR to send the throttle body to FSM for the FFIM kit to be shipped. Hopefully my dizzy delete setup from driftmotion doesn't take to long. I just need to decide where and what IC pipe / bends I want to purchase and oil feed length from ATPturbo and order that.

Then order the fuel pump and injectors and I'm pretty much done but I'll need a clutch too. It's going to KILL me to spend money on a w58 clutch that is a throw away in the future. Anyone have a decent condition w58 clutch laying around that I can rock ?
Old 08-08-11, 09:01 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Im along for the ride.. And people say that Ebay parts are junk.. Case closed and proven they are not. Only time will tell if holds up.. Good luck on the build and keep the pictures coming.
Old 08-08-11, 09:07 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Thanks I'm hoping it will hold for a good while! I know I'm gonna have to baby it until I can justify$$ the getrag and diff swap.

Just waiting on RMR to send the throttle body to FSM for the FFIM kit to be shipped. Hopefully my dizzy delete setup from driftmotion doesn't take to long. I just need to decide where and what IC pipe / bends I want to purchase and oil feed length from ATPturbo and order that.

Then order the fuel pump and injectors and I'm pretty much done but I'll need a clutch too. It's going to KILL me to spend money on a w58 clutch that is a throw away in the future. Anyone have a decent condition w58 clutch laying around that I can rock ?
LoL, yea im trying to get my funds together for my R154 or if i could hold out to get a getrag i would but i doubt that is going to happen, anyway yes i do have a brand new ACT unsprung 6 Puck disk chillin in my garage but im saving it for my car if i will eva need it..

I feel you about spending money on a W58 clutch setup but its worth it. jus get it now then when you go 6spd jus sell the 5spd setup
Old 08-08-11, 10:37 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Im along for the ride.. And people say that Ebay parts are junk.. Case closed and proven they are not. Only time will tell if holds up.. Good luck on the build and keep the pictures coming.
Only thing that's gonna be on this car from ebay is that downpipe and the intercooler pipes! Can't mess those up, it's metal. The downpipe really shocked me that it fit so well. This manifold copies the same design as the original MKIV HKS manifold and I believe the 4" ebay downpipe was made for that design which explains maybe why the fitment is spot on.

How much do guys get for the 5spd setups? This will be a fairly low mileage w58.
Old 08-08-11, 10:42 AM
luvmysc400
Lead Lap

Gl with build. That turbo looks sweet.
Old 08-08-11, 10:47 AM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Thank god someone stated a NA-T build thred, and the car looks really clean! and nice choice of exhaust, im definatly subscribed to this! I wanna see how this build goes!
Old 08-08-11, 10:49 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

your car is very clean , impressive.

I was never a big fan of the polished tt wheels but you pull it off nicely.

Quick Reply: HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store