Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store

Old 11-03-11, 08:40 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got the front bumper trimmed up to clear the intercooler pipes. It required some light massaging on the lower side holes next to the fog light.

Fits and looks awesome!

Old 11-03-11, 09:43 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Fits awesome! Did you remove the splash guard/air diverter or were you able to retain it?

Last edited by stockhatch; 11-03-11 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-03-11, 09:59 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Fits awesome! Did you remove the splash gaurd/air diverter or were you able to retain it?
At the moment I just went ahead and installed it without the plastic guards. I do feel like they should fit without a problem as the FMIC is high enough to clear the bottom one and the sides should fit fine.
Old 11-03-11, 11:04 AM
esssee400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome build! What were the costs $$ associated with going distributorless? You can pm me if you prefer to. Thanks.
Old 11-07-11, 10:23 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by esssee400
Awesome build! What were the costs $$ associated with going distributorless? You can pm me if you prefer to. Thanks.
Brand new IS300 coils - $62.00 each
IS300 Coil Wire Set - $45.00
7M-GTE Coil Pack Connector Harness - $36.00
Used 7M-GTE CPS - $50 off Supraforums
Billet CPS Cover - $65
CPS Female connector Pin - $5.99 x 2 - one for CPS and the other for the 7mgte connector harness
Repair Wire, 090-II Terminal (With Large Seal) - $1.95 each x 8 = $15.60
Used IS300 DH61 Igniter w/ harness - $55 on ebay

Roughly about $400 bucks including the Coil on plug stuff and distributorless components, 465 with billet cover.

This was a necessity for me to rid the funky distributor and allow more clearance for the turbo's compressor cover.
Old 11-07-11, 11:34 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Awesome build, everything looks really clean. I am holding out to get one of those billet covers they really make the cps look really nice.
Does the GE IACV setup have some sort of check valve in there like the TT that lets you run it w/ an open filter?
Old 11-07-11, 11:43 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Awesome build, everything looks really clean. I am holding out to get one of those billet covers they really make the cps look really nice.
Does the GE IACV setup have some sort of check valve in there like the TT that lets you run it w/ an open filter?
Thanks Ali!

The stock GE IACV is mounted on the throttle body as you know. Looking inside the throttle body there is an air passage that runs the port back into the front of the throttle body plate. The whistling that this port makes is so obnoxious I'm going to plumb the this port back into the upper intercooler piping so that it'll suppress it some as well as keep the intake system filtered properly. Plumbing it back into the intake track will give the same effect as it does when it's mounted to the stock throttle body.
Old 11-07-11, 11:47 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Looking good, hope to check the car out at a meet at some point.
Old 11-07-11, 12:36 PM
ISNINE
Driver

Wow! Nice job man!
Old 11-07-11, 12:39 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Thanks Ali!

The stock GE IACV is mounted on the throttle body as you know. Looking inside the throttle body there is an air passage that runs the port back into the front of the throttle body plate. The whistling that this port makes is so obnoxious I'm going to plumb the this port back into the upper intercooler piping so that it'll suppress it some as well as keep the intake system filtered properly. Plumbing it back into the intake track will give the same effect as it does when it's mounted to the stock throttle body.
Exactly what i was getting at, if you don't plumb it back into the intercooler piping, you will have a giant boost leak without a check valve of some sort.
The TT IACV flange has a recessed lip for a check valve so you can run an open filter.
Old 11-07-11, 02:39 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is such a good build. To go distributor-less...I'd need a FFIM right? it wouldnt work with the stock GE intake mani?
Old 11-07-11, 03:21 PM
SOLID300
Pole Position

Coming along very beautifully. I'm going to be posting my build thread soon as well which will look almost identical as yours so I gotta Thankyou for all the detailed explanations, it is definitely going to help me out.

It's funny because I just bought a regular cps cover yesterday after I decided that I don't need the billet one just yet but man does it look good! And thanks for link for the Aem settings. I am nervous as **** about doing that.

Last edited by SOLID300; 11-07-11 at 05:22 PM. Reason: fixed typoss
Old 11-07-11, 03:54 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ashtray
This is such a good build. To go distributor-less...I'd need a FFIM right? it wouldnt work with the stock GE intake mani?
You can go distributorless with the stock intake manifold when using vvti coils (like the IS300).
Most importantly you need a 2jzgte ecu or a standalone to run them.
Old 11-07-11, 08:45 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
You can go distributorless with the stock intake manifold when using vvti coils (like the IS300).
Most importantly you need a 2jzgte ecu or a standalone to run them.
Word. Thank you. I'll PM you.
Old 11-07-11, 09:23 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SOLID300
It's funny because I just bought a regular cps cover yesterday after I decided that I don't need the billet one just yet but man does it look good! And thanks for link for the Aem settings. I am nervous as **** about doing that.
AEM is a steep learning curve for someone that has never laid eyes on it. I am very familiar with cars / modding / and tuning DSMlink systems but as with anything it's a totally different beast. The main difference is that there is no factory ECU to manage daily driving conditions, YOU have to set it and tell it what you want the engine to do at X parameter.

In a nut shell, make sure you have someone that knows AEM with you when you install it. DON'T assume that you'll just figure it out unless you have a second vehicle. I was scrambling for support from local friends after I installed mine and finally had to break down, install the OEM ECU, and drive it an hour to my engineering buddy to help me setup up the initial calibration.

However now that I am more familar with the software, it's really not all that complicated but there are so many variables to adjust it will make your head spin.

Last edited by HiPSI; 11-07-11 at 09:28 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store