Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-12, 04:48 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HiPSI
I can't wait to have a sig HP # that is worth putting there ;-)
It's coming very shortly!
Old 05-15-12, 08:40 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Very very cool build here. Congrats on getting all this done! Good luck with the 6spd swap.
Old 05-15-12, 12:57 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 4" dp/mp that i cant seem to fit into the bay unless i remove the manifold and turbo first. Would you guys recommend me having it cut? I would hate to have to remove the manifold every time i have to take the manifold off.
Old 05-15-12, 01:17 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Very very cool build here. Congrats on getting all this done! Good luck with the 6spd swap.
Thanks alot, it doesn't hold a candle to your ridiculously clean build but I'm hoping it will put a smile on my face nonetheless .
Old 05-15-12, 01:38 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

^^ You probably have that crappy "Gt45 4inch Dp/mp" off ebay.. i hate that POS i bought one and end up only using the MP because the DP is junk , angle is wrong, vbands are the wrong size all kind of issues. it end up costing me more ..
Old 05-15-12, 01:43 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
^^ You probably have that crappy "Gt45 4inch Dp/mp" off ebay.. i hate that POS i bought one and end up only using the MP because the DP is junk , angle is wrong, vbands are the wrong size all kind of issues. it end up costing me more ..
I have a custom one that i bought from a guy using the bw s3xx also. I will take pictures of it tomorrow after im done with this semester. Il head back home and hopefully finish this car. Sorry for getting off topic.

Last edited by soarer13oy; 05-15-12 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-15-12, 01:57 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Post the pics on your thread , i will check it out.. I don't wanna clutter this thread sorry Andrew !
Old 05-15-12, 09:43 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Exclamation

That's mine!!! ...... it actually fit surprisingly well it just had to be lengthened near where the midpipe met the downpipe. The vbands are horrible too (they are really thin flanges) , but it was actually one of the easier parts of this setup. I didn't have a shop to take it to for a custom piece so this was the next best thing.
Old 05-16-12, 05:01 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

No andrew you actually have the Nice one , that looks identical to the BL 4" setup, the one i am talking about is some garbage. I had the same one you got on my last setup and and i have been kicking myself after i sold it.

the only one left on ebay now is i straight 4" from the back off the turbo all the way back , the angles are not correct ( its made by xs power).
Old 05-16-12, 05:44 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No andrew you actually have the Nice one , that looks identical to the BL 4" setup, the one i am talking about is some garbage. I had the same one you got on my last setup and and i have been kicking myself after i sold it.

the only one left on ebay now is i straight 4" from the back off the turbo all the way back , the angles are not correct ( its made by xs power).
i got that xspower intake, screamer pipe, downpipe combo from the ebay. ended up chopping it all up and having it rewelded to suit my needs. *shrugs* all that money for just piping materials
Old 06-09-12, 12:20 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Well it's done I finally installed the almighty v160! "Great success very nice!" - Borat

The overall process was longer than I anticipated, but mainly due to me never touching these transmissions before and I accidently got the wrong torque figure for the flywheel bolts and snapped one off on memorial day weekend! This set me back a week and half waiting on the special supra TT bolt that no one stocks.

The tranny that was installed was purchased from Omar "Quicksc4" in mint condition the thing was spotless perfect.

Crossmember and TRD mount attached:

PHR Billet adapter on the output shaft bolted down for the new 3.5" driveshaft:

Car is up in the air as high as I could get it in the front, purchased SUV jack stands to lift it higher to clear the transmission.:

The old transmission is out and looks grimey! I'm gonna degrease this and store it away:

Pulled the interior out to modify the transmission tunnel and this fell out of the rear lower air ducts???

Started cutting the trans tunnel for the new supra tunnel replacement:

New tunnel mocked up, fits perfect! I did have to drill the spot welds on both sides of the stock tunnel and chisel out the brackets:

This shows the difference in the hole alignment with the new tunnel. The stock tunnel is not deep enough to clear the new tripod for the v160 and it also isn't far back enough. The way the stock supra shifter sits is straight up versus the angled stock shifter on the w58.

Glued, riveted, and screwed in:

ABS module even bolts in like stock:

Went ahead and replaced the rear main crank seal while I was in there:

Old 06-09-12, 12:21 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Flywheel bolted up, torqued properly and new input shaft bearing installed. Also roughed up the surface with a 100 grit as advised on an MKIV tech article:

SC400 3.26 geared diff ready to bolt in with new FIPG gasket, redline full synthetic gear oil and a fresh flat black paint job:

Mounted the new diff and PHR 3.5" driveshaft:

I haz a shifter finally!!

The shifter lines up perfect!

Used the stock clutch line from the supra TT 6spd and used the stock w58 bracket and bent the line a bit and threaded it into the stock line.

Sound performances version of the clutchmasters stage 4 utilizes a modified puck version of the stock v160 disc which faces towards the flywheel unlike aftermarket disc's that face the rear of the car.

Last edited by HiPSI; 06-09-12 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-09-12, 12:26 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

You high rollin' now dawg! As always, your works looks clean and precise. Great addition to the hot rod!

Now, relax with that cigar and enjoy your efforts!
Old 06-09-12, 12:30 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Still need to install the stock center console but it's driving!

First impressions of the clutch was extremely light pedal feel and it's like an on/off switch. Need to break it in and hopefully it will allow it to slip more once fully broken in.
Old 06-09-12, 12:40 PM
DcW58
Driver School Candidate

Car looks great. Pure quality. I hope the build goes great and keep us updated on the build because I'm looking to build my car up as well pretty soon.

Quick Reply: HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store