Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-12, 08:57 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks awesome! That cat-back is going to keep the car quiet regardless of how open it is in front of it. I found out the same thing after I gutted the cat on my old midpipe. The car didn't get any louder, just more smelly. I put a catted midpipe back on it and plan to delete the mufflers instead
Old 02-07-12, 09:17 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Honestly it fit almost near perfect and it was relatively cheap like $330 shipped for the downpipe and midpipe. The only downside is the vband flanges and clamps feels cheap to me but it doesn't leak so game on!

I got it off ebay from a user cooper813:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-98-Supra-...256718&vxp=mtr
Thanks, greatly appreciate it
Old 02-07-12, 12:39 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Looks awesome! That cat-back is going to keep the car quiet regardless of how open it is in front of it. I found out the same thing after I gutted the cat on my old midpipe. The car didn't get any louder, just more smelly. I put a catted midpipe back on it and plan to delete the mufflers instead
It's crazy how quiet it is. Everyone at the exhaust shop was expecting some gnarly growl to come out of it with it having the turbo setup and such mammoth 4" piping and then i fire it over and its like .................. haha. But I'm glad it's quiet, it retains the lexus feel and then when I go into boost the wastegate opens and it's a whole different experience.
Old 02-07-12, 02:53 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Very true. I have mixed feelings about quiet. I like quiet sometimes when I am just cruising, but then I miss the nasty, raspy, loud hot rod sound when I am playing. I looked into a cutout as well but could not find one that was guaranteed not to leak and sound like crap.

Another option I was toying with is putting a long glasspack muffler in the midpipe, and straight tailpipes out the back. Then I could use a cutout to divert exhaust around the muffler but back into and through the tailpipes. Then if the cutout leaks a little, you won't really notice it. I would use a boost actuated cutout and have it open at around 1psi.

Expensive and a PITA to do, but it would be pretty gnarly at WOT, and tame as can be just cruising.
Old 02-07-12, 03:32 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Very true. I have mixed feelings about quiet. I like quiet sometimes when I am just cruising, but then I miss the nasty, raspy, loud hot rod sound when I am playing. I looked into a cutout as well but could not find one that was guaranteed not to leak and sound like crap.

Another option I was toying with is putting a long glasspack muffler in the midpipe, and straight tailpipes out the back. Then I could use a cutout to divert exhaust around the muffler but back into and through the tailpipes. Then if the cutout leaks a little, you won't really notice it. I would use a boost actuated cutout and have it open at around 1psi.

Expensive and a PITA to do, but it would be pretty gnarly at WOT, and tame as can be just cruising.
Living in Virginia and having multiple modded cars I've come to realize that if I'm going to enjoy the car and not be harrassed by police I need to keep the car quieter. I was constantly pulled over in my DSM but the car looked like a rolling ticket haha. Initially I wanted to do a full 4" inch system without a muffler and then run an apexi ECV (exhaust control valve) inline the exhaust which is a manual cable driven plate and I could toggle the noise. I realized that rolling around with a 4" straight pipe would sound ridiculous and went the fujitsubo catback route to make it look better and retain the stealthyness sound.

The cutout will allow me to go wide open and it should flow as good as it gets. The only problem is clearance, I'll have to take my time with the install and make sure it doesn't hang low.
Old 02-07-12, 03:43 PM
BaconFlip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome thread! Im probably going to use this as a diy when I go na-t this summer. What part of va are you in? I been in the hampton area for about 2 years now.
Old 02-07-12, 03:46 PM
Mofoe
Driver

these treads so make me want to pic an sc up as a 2nd play car.
Old 02-24-12, 09:23 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Living in Virginia and having multiple modded cars I've come to realize that if I'm going to enjoy the car and not be harrassed by police I need to keep the car quieter. I was constantly pulled over in my DSM but the car looked like a rolling ticket haha. Initially I wanted to do a full 4" inch system without a muffler and then run an apexi ECV (exhaust control valve) inline the exhaust which is a manual cable driven plate and I could toggle the noise. I realized that rolling around with a 4" straight pipe would sound ridiculous and went the fujitsubo catback route to make it look better and retain the stealthyness sound.

The cutout will allow me to go wide open and it should flow as good as it gets. The only problem is clearance, I'll have to take my time with the install and make sure it doesn't hang low.
Real talk. Im four inch back with a lil Vibrant Race muffler out back loud as hell!
Old 03-07-12, 01:19 PM
$hogunn
Driver

Clean out your SUpraforums inbox homie!! (its theironman)
Old 04-16-12, 08:00 AM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

What is the size of your intercooler and how much did you have to trim off the front bumper?
Old 04-23-12, 10:39 AM
Vadim
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HiPSI - hello.
You did a very nice exhaust system!
Bravo!
I have the SC 300-97, and the same components: Fujitsubo Legalis R for the Soarer JZZ30 and 4 " Down pipe Mid pipe V-band Single Turbo Supra 93-98.
Soon I'll be doing the same exhaust system for the swap 2JZ GTE VVT-I Touota Aristo JZS161-2001.
Tell me - where can I buy Reducer flange exhaust 4 "x 3" as in this photo:
Thank you for your attention.
Sincerely, Vadim.

Undercarriage:

Downpipe connection to midpipe:

Reducer flange to fujitsubo catback:

[/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store-temporary-3-1.jpg  
Old 04-23-12, 12:08 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

I had to order from a UK ebay vendor, it's a perfect stainless steel reducer and he makes different sizes depending on what your reducing to. The fujitubo catback is slightly larger than 2.5" but it still bolts up fine with a vibrant 2 bolt stainless steel flange. I just had a local machine shop tig weld the reducer onto the flange for me and then took the car to an exhaust shop and they fitted everything together for me.

Here's an auction I found, he ships to the US if you contact him. I searched for stainless steel reducer cone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Redu...-/320570974404
Old 04-25-12, 08:21 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Andrew,

When i was doing my swap i ran into a DS issue, Snap performance DS used to be 450 +shipping but now he wanted 900 shipped for it.

I didn't bother trying DM.

I know Toyota used the same flange on all the trucks Lexus /Toyota so i went ahead and bought a land Cruiser driveshaft $350 then took it to a local shop that build DS for race car and HD application.

I gave them the land cruiser DS with my SC300 rear half, I wanted to use the stock diff donut bushing so i can avoid vibration and stuff. plus that billet adapter is about $165.
I had them retube the land cruiser DS , Weld the SC3 rear diff flange on it ! so from flange to flange it was 51.5" You can check my thread to confirm it.
They replace the U joint with a HD one , So the complete Ds total cost was ~$650.

That's the cheapest way i have found to get a driveshaft ..if you need the Info i can text you the info of the Shop.
Old 04-25-12, 10:48 AM
Vadim
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to order from a UK ebay vendor, it's a perfect stainless steel reducer and he makes different sizes depending on what your reducing to. The fujitubo catback is slightly larger than 2.5" but it still bolts up fine with a vibrant 2 bolt stainless steel flange. I just had a local machine shop tig weld the reducer onto the flange for me and then took the car to an exhaust shop and they fitted everything together for me.
Here's an auction I found, he ships to the US if you contact him. I searched for stainless steel reducer cone.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Redu...-/320570974404
HiPSI - hello.
Thanks for the info. I ordered a UK ebay vendor cone 4 "x 3".
Please show me photos of the connection flange Down pipe turbine.
Thank you for your attention.
Sincerely, Vadim.
Old 04-25-12, 12:59 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Andrew,

When i was doing my swap i ran into a DS issue, Snap performance DS used to be 450 +shipping but now he wanted 900 shipped for it.

I didn't bother trying DM.

I know Toyota used the same flange on all the trucks Lexus /Toyota so i went ahead and bought a land Cruiser driveshaft $350 then took it to a local shop that build DS for race car and HD application.

I gave them the land cruiser DS with my SC300 rear half, I wanted to use the stock diff donut bushing so i can avoid vibration and stuff. plus that billet adapter is about $165.
I had them retube the land cruiser DS , Weld the SC3 rear diff flange on it ! so from flange to flange it was 51.5" You can check my thread to confirm it.
They replace the U joint with a HD one , So the complete Ds total cost was ~$650.

That's the cheapest way i have found to get a driveshaft ..if you need the Info i can text you the info of the Shop.
Great info as always Omar! I'm currently sourcing a sequoia / gx470 toyota driveshaft and then I'll be in touch on the shop you are using to assembly / mate it to my sc300 driveshaft.

BTW, which exact truck driveshaft am I looking for? Is it the 4x4 model or 4x2 model? Also what years should I search for on car-parts.com? They give the option for a front driveshaft, and an option for a rear driveshaft so I am not sure exactly what I need. I was finding driveshafts for as little as $75.00 on there from a 2003 gx470.

Quick Reply: HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store