Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

welcome to the forum and good luck with your project
The following users liked this post:
Mikeezi (12-11-17)
Old 12-11-17, 05:10 PM
slofut
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year is your car? Did you pull the motor to detail it or did you buy the car with the motor already out? That's a lot of work, looks good. Did you address all the oil leaks? ...hoses, power steering parts etc...
Old 12-11-17, 07:35 PM
Mikeezi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slofut
What year is your car? Did you pull the motor to detail it or did you buy the car with the motor already out? That's a lot of work, looks good. Did you address all the oil leaks? ...hoses, power steering parts etc...
1996 white lexus sc 400 bought it stock. Removed engine with transmission attached it was a ***** to say the least esp putting it back. had to cut the front and reweld for easy access but it was still hard. So I drove about 5k miles before head gasket leaked so I ordered a new motor from ebay... was a lot of work cus i ordered one with just the engine block and we had to do all this without a repair manual... I ordered one on ebay for 175$ but the dude who is also from california could be so careless to send it so late... out of about over 30-40 items i bought online this is the one that hasnt even came... anyways sorry for the rant but car should be running any moment as we speak it is being worked on. Hasnt ran in over 2.5 months. been working at it here and there but I most definately addresses all leaks and all fluids and timing belt/water pump (engine is obv good cus its a low mile one from ebay lol) Still got a bunch of stuff to do to the car will keep updating on this thread, Thanks for your interest bro!
Old 12-11-17, 07:46 PM
Mikeezi
Driver School Candidate

Some
stuff i gotta install... 😥

Last edited by Mikeezi; 12-11-17 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-13-17, 05:50 PM
Mikeezi
Driver School Candidate

Everything seems to be in but check engine light is on and there's a weird noise and burning smell. Bought a cheap obd2 scanner from Wal-Mart to check what's up. Been really lagging with the progression of my car and it sucks but I know I shouldn't rush.
Old 12-13-17, 06:31 PM
Mikeezi
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by kitabel
Be careful the first time you try high speed, the angle of the wing center span for enough down-force changes somewhat with your speed, and if it's too far "up" (horizontal or backward) it will have lift (instead of down-force) and induce oversteer.
I aw something really trick on a GTR on YT: the wing's support struts have air springs in them like hood supports. At rest and low speed the wing is angled way down for more traction (but higher air resistance) in mid-track, but as speed increases the wind load collapses the wing to a more conservative position to increase top speed (over 200 mph).
thanks bro for this tip! i need to re adjust my wing cus its not straight and the middle part that catches the air is too high... I always thought spoilers helped with high speed haha cus they always go up when you go 60mph+ etc in luxury cars lol. I usually go 90 avg mph but i got pulled over twice within a couple weeks with the new (old) sc400 I got..i did 140 at stock as well with heavy trunk and passenger. But now i will go 70-75 maybe 80 in freeway for couple years till my tickets disappear... hopefully.
Old 12-14-17, 04:54 AM
slofut
Driver School Candidate

I parked my 87 bmw 635csi for the same reason. Couldn't keep my foot out of it. Last speeding tick was 140, then I got a drag racing tick, they took my license. Cost me about two grand, had to take a dui school because they had nothing else to send me to, and I had to drive illegal for a year! Put the car in my warehouse and bought a diesel pickup. Still have the car, haven't driven it since ...about 15 years ago.
Slow down, be respectable and go to track days to get the jones out.
Old 12-14-17, 09:55 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Good luck on your build. How wide are your new wheels?

Originally Posted by kitabel
Be careful the first time you try high speed, the angle of the wing center span for enough down-force changes somewhat with your speed, and if it's too far "up" (horizontal or backward) it will have lift (instead of down-force) and induce oversteer.
I aw something really trick on a GTR on YT: the wing's support struts have air springs in them like hood supports. At rest and low speed the wing is angled way down for more traction (but higher air resistance) in mid-track, but as speed increases the wind load collapses the wing to a more conservative position to increase top speed (over 200 mph).
Are you talking about the aeromotion wing on the gtr?
Old 12-15-17, 09:35 AM
Mikeezi
Driver School Candidate

@SloFut: Wow sad to hear but hearing its veeb well over a decade since u got your tickets Im sure its safe to assume you are over it and you are a good law abiding citizen now haha i just need a few more ticks before i convert XD. I was thinking about a diesel truck as well.... would save me money and make me money XD

@Kitabel: Always strapped with the facts i like that kitabel! man looks is really important to me but the wings are really bad for my performance (depends what i want to perform but in this case better at drifting but weaker at top speed... oh well and wallet XD

@Blkexcoupe: Ty sir! 20x10 40mm Lexani lx 6 275/35/20 in the front and 20x11 55mm w/ Michelin pilot sport a/s plus 295/35/20 in the rear

Update: my mechanic is bad so might take a while on this car or i am planning on purchasing another new (old) sc400. Theres a 1998 (1998!!! ) with 235k miles but immaculate condition inside and out (perf rear quarter panels ) and no check engine light. Here is excerpt from ad:

1998 Lexus SC400 V8
Clean Title
235k Miles
Pink Slip In Hand
Smog , Tagged & Registered ( 10 / 18 )
High Miles , Yet Immaculate Interior & Exterior
No Mechanical Issues / No CEL
Strong Transmission & Engine
Great A to B Vehicle or Commuter, Well Kept
Not Accepting Trades

some pics:

Old 12-21-17, 03:53 PM
slofut
Driver School Candidate

What about a rear spoiler that mounts flat down on the trunk lid but creates a wind shear at the rear. Kamm aerodynamics, like a TR6, cobra GT coupe, Ferraris come to mind . Some early 2000 hondas and bmw's have them. For speed more than downforce.
Old 12-22-17, 11:08 AM
Mikeezi
Driver School Candidate

Got new car yesterday from bay area. 1997 sc400 167k miles. Has cusco coils installed. Can't wait to clean her up and install some things...
Old 12-23-17, 10:45 PM
Mikeezi
Driver School Candidate

Changed wheels from stock to my xxr 18" (8.75" wide all around) and changed rear bumper and rear side skirts to 96 version. Put on kbd bumper and headlights from lumen
(does anyone know what size is the turn signal for custom front and rear headlights?) And new black aluminum license plates and plastidipped custom lexus logo I cut and sanded as well as the 97 oem grill.
Old 12-27-17, 08:10 AM
Mikeezi
Driver School Candidate

Adjusted coils to fit 20s (10" f 11" r) it fits fine besides minor scraping in front due to the 97+ side skirts. No fender rolling was done besides driver front side and I failed cuz I rushed it but I'll get back to it cuz it's not important rn. Installed rear wings and rear roof wings. Installed new black rotors just for drivers side to test before replacing all.
Old 12-28-17, 04:10 PM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Coming along nice doing the same thing now with my 98 sc4 finishing all maintenance. About to do rack bushing and motor mount then paint time time.
The following users liked this post:
Mikeezi (12-28-17)

Quick Reply: Mikeezi's SC400 Build Thread