Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

Well, I am finally building the car I missed the most! (This is interesting...)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-11, 05:56 AM
Stephendj1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USMCgs3
Good luck with the cluster swap, all my needles are burnt out on my gs cluster and I have a 97 sc cluster to swap and it might fit but the plugs are all different. I haven't had the time to research schematics and trace wires but..... If you do it successfully please post a "how-to".
You do know the needles just pull off & just push back on again? Swapping needles is a two minute job once the cluster is out & the cover is off.
Old 06-16-11, 04:41 PM
USMCgs3
Driver

Originally Posted by Stephendj1
You do know the needles just pull off & just push back on again? Swapping needles is a two minute job once the cluster is out & the cover is off.
Yes I bought new needles and after I put them on they still didn't work so I figured it was Mabey the cluster, plus the speedo is off... Guess I didn't put the needles on exactly the same. Did I do something wrong to make the mph and rpm wrong??
Old 06-17-11, 07:31 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably, gotta make sure to put them on the same ways. I am going to try to get that SC cluster done sometime soon. I want to get my seats working first!
Old 06-20-11, 10:05 PM
Aristoman
Driver

make sure you buy the GS300 needles and not the Aristo ones because they are reverse polarity
Old 06-20-11, 11:17 PM
deknick
Lead Lap

chances are they are GS300 ones he bought, there's not to many aristo ones laying about, unless they're used, and you can tell if they are orange or red, if they're red, then they're GS300 ones, if they're orange, then they're aristo ones.
Old 06-21-11, 05:18 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Got a little update. Got the motor today, I am really impressed with how the outside looks. Seems like someone took some time and uninstalled this motor. I popped open a valve cover to see what it looks like, and it isnt too bad. The motor hasnt run in a while. It could totally be a lot worse! There wasnt really any sludge or anything, but this motor does look really good. Its got a jap as hell oil filter and plugs lol. Anyways, I will post better pics tomorrow when I get off work!
Old 06-21-11, 09:22 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its good to see someone else from the SC forum over here. Looks like you have quite the project going on, ill def be keeping tabs.
Old 06-22-11, 01:15 PM
jaysee
Driver School Candidate

Wow and to think I'm having trouble selling my 93gs300 with all the new parts that are on it and a lot better condition for 1900
Old 06-22-11, 04:06 PM
jaysee
Driver School Candidate

Eather way good luck with this project hopefully them 4 leaf clovers will bring u some luck! Lol so. Far so good
Old 06-22-11, 06:50 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

There really isnt a market for these cars unless they're modified lol. Even then, the market is slim. Nobody wants a big gas guzzling underpowered 4 door from the 90's lol
Old 06-22-11, 07:12 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

looks like a lot of work dogg, but stay to it. thats the beauty of a built. when everything is apart from one another it looks so out of place to a point that sometimes you look @ it and ask urself if you are gonna finish it. But the final look always asure you that it was always worth it. so do ur thing!!
Old 07-14-11, 01:56 AM
Turbo147
Driver School Candidate

Looks like my last project.. felt like i touched every piece of that car.. and in a week start to finish a nice Twin Turbo 1ST gen cant be beat,, Good luck and nice work!!
Old 07-14-11, 08:14 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Well apparently I havent updated this recently. I got the motor in after some problems. We were trying to use some megan racing motor mounts that came off of my SC3, but the holes in the motor mount brackets coming off of the motor are too small for the motor mounts to fit in, so I just put the mounts the Aristo motor came with and it fit like a glove. Got the car wired up (after countless nights and hours) and got the car prepped to start for the first time. We tried to start it and got nothing. I asked a friend to listen for the fuel pump and he said he couldnt hear it. He hit the tank and it was bone dry, so quick trip to Advance Auto parts later and 5 gallons of fuel, we tried again and it started right up. When it did my dumb self didnt put a rag over the PS pump and it shot everywhere! After that clean up, I started it again with a rag over it, and got the video for you. Anyways here is a video and a couple pics from the build.

I also purchased an aluminum CXRacing radiator that works like a champ for $130 shipped to my door. Brand new, works well, even though its off-brand.
I also added a transmission cooler, and I purchased an intercooler kit that should be here friday! Super excited! Can't wait to get into some boost!

In the mean time, I have been buttoning things up. I am trying to find where I am getting a leak from. Pretty sure its from the sun roof and making its way down to my back seat . I conditioned the rubber seal around the sun roof considering it was FFF'd so hopefully that will work. I got the SC seats bolted in finally. I have to figure out the seatbelt Issue, apparently they're different. All of the interior is in now, and looks pretty decent. I went to the junk yard and got the back seat which was in good condition!
I also painted my wheels silver again, because honestly, they were FFF'd as well. Some child I am guessing took a can of white spray paint when the car was sitting and painted each spoke for some odd reason. Anyways, thats now gone, and the car looks good now. I am about to go wash it and take some pics!

Last edited by Carfreak70; 07-14-11 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-14-11, 12:40 PM
freshmoney
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice build. pulling up a chair
Old 07-14-11, 12:55 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

awesome build! you're always keeping yourself busy.. enjoyed the pics

Quick Reply: Well, I am finally building the car I missed the most! (This is interesting...)