Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1IS owner vehicles

Single turbo IS300 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-11, 06:26 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

back on topic please.

impressive build. that intake manifold is sexy. relocating the ecu looks to be a nightmare of wires.
did you say thats a 76mm turbo? looks kind of small. did you mean 67?

post updated pics
Old 06-15-11, 06:30 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats the power limits on those built trannys from Titan?
Old 06-15-11, 08:54 AM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The AEM can control the tranny....... I have heard this from Lance himself.
Old 06-15-11, 12:12 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by baadhabit
back on topic please.

impressive build. that intake manifold is sexy. relocating the ecu looks to be a nightmare of wires.
did you say thats a 76mm turbo? looks kind of small. did you mean 67?

post updated pics
It is a 76mm. Many times larger turbos run with an anti-surge housing. Those tend to be a bit larger.

Turbo is capable of 1000-1100rwhp. This car will be tuned to around the 800rwhp mark on E85 as long as we don't run out of fuel first. ID1000 injectors can have the pressure increased by quite a bit and run similar to 12000cc injectors, but have the drivablilty of 800cc injectors. They are great.

Titan trans, they say around 800, and people have been having pretty good results.
Old 06-16-11, 06:25 AM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
It is a 76mm. Many times larger turbos run with an anti-surge housing. Those tend to be a bit larger.

Turbo is capable of 1000-1100rwhp. This car will be tuned to around the 800rwhp mark on E85 as long as we don't run out of fuel first. ID1000 injectors can have the pressure increased by quite a bit and run similar to 12000cc injectors, but have the drivablilty of 800cc injectors. They are great.

Titan trans, they say around 800, and people have been having pretty good results.
i have the same injectors....AWESOME!
Old 06-17-11, 02:41 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dexlex2002
The AEM can control the tranny....... I have heard this from Lance himself.
I can vouch for that. I need to get in contact with Sean @ titan about their trans. I wonder how much better it is than the BL trans which I'm currently running.
Old 06-17-11, 03:03 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

I believe that when running the Titan trans in combo with the same stall speed from titan results in a 100rwhp increase, and something like .25 second quicker in the quarter, if not more over the BL.
Old 06-17-11, 04:50 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll be calling them Monday. If that's true then that's impressive
Old 06-19-11, 06:08 AM
jazilla
Driver School Candidate

I wouldn't have the patience of relocating the ecu. Build looks great though!
Old 07-09-11, 03:47 AM
boostedis3
Driver School Candidate

This build is the hotness. If I had it my way this is the route I would have gone, but my wife refused to give me a thumbs up for a motor swap...but she was ok with spending even more to build the GE and boost it.
Old 07-19-11, 07:34 PM
Turbocivic
Driver School Candidate

Build looks great. I thought about asking a certain company to make a P&P harness to relocate the ECM inside. Sexy *** manifold
Old 07-19-11, 10:06 PM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Seems like you and I are on par with building the same cars. You had your GS while I built mine, which is now sold and I too have an IS that I just finished. I relocated my stock ECU to beneath where it normally sits by way of a custom box that I welded up for it. Lost my fog's but that's my fault cause I didn't pay enough attention to how my Vertex kit fit to the car....oh well, looks 1000x better without that oem box sitting there. I'm using our FSMoto intake/fuel rail on it, so the only tb sensor being used is in fact the TPS.
I've gone through all the wires for the can-bus or multiplexer or whatever you want to call it. I tossed every wire that's un-neccessary for the ecu except the cam/crank, knock, tps, vss, immobilizer, hvac, and power/grounds---some of which still aren't needed but I kept them anyhow. I have a bunch of cel's but who cares since the AEM is doing it's job and it's easy to get inspection stickers in PA My car has an R154 so I couldn't tell you what's needed for the trans but I'm assuming both trans speed sensors, rpm, solenoids, and load is all the aem needs to shift it just like the older cars where you toss the stock ecu in the trash.
Good luck with the build. I personally think auto's are boring, but they work well for going fast in a straight line
Old 07-20-11, 08:28 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

You got a link to your build? You seem further along than I, but I have so many other things(non-car) related, that I can hardly touch this thing. I hope to actually take it to the track next weekend, but we will see if I can get the thing fired up by then.

Auto was due to price and fabrication needed and I told the owner that I won't do that at this time. He may switch to a manual at a later date when I am not sooooo busy. With the auto, the car will be too fast on the track anyway and he will get kicked off without full cage.

BTW, still have the GS. Been sitting on the side of the house for 2 years while I get caught up from moving which requires a lot of house projects, which take both time and money
Old 07-20-11, 08:55 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That thing is gonna be a boss. I Love that manifold as well.
Old 07-31-11, 07:00 PM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Dont' have a link to my build. If you have any questions you can email me, dan@fsmoto.net I don't know if I can help with the auto since I didn't have to go through all that, but I'm sure it's simply just wiring to/from the ems.
Oh, and the GS has since been sold. Ended up making 505whp on stock hg and 13psi on a cast wheel 67.....not too bad.

Quick Reply: Single turbo IS300 build