Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol haha to funny but i still sent a request lol
Old 05-23-11, 07:20 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,923 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowman
LOL! You just opened a can of Costco Sized Worms when you invited to Facebook
I like to keep my worlds separate. I have independent Matt. Then there's Club Lexus Matt. If Club Lexus Matt walks through this door, he will Kill Independent Matt! A Matt divided against itself cannot stand!!
Old 05-24-11, 06:13 AM
Gustavo250
Lexus Champion

Dannnggg guys 5 pages on 2 days really....too much testosterone together LOL
Old 05-24-11, 06:32 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no kidding, you nerds act like you've never talked to a woman before. Calm down, I'm sure she'll hang around a bit if you all stop falling over yourselves.

LMAO
Old 05-24-11, 07:12 AM
MissLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
no kidding, you nerds act like you've never talked to a woman before. Calm down, I'm sure she'll hang around a bit if you all stop falling over yourselves.

LMAO
LOL this is awesome though!!! I am thankful to have so much help!! :-) with all of your advice and tips I've been able to make a decision and have purchased my first set of parts and tools to do my very first DIY mods!!! I hope it all gets here by the weekend!!! sooo excited. :-D
Old 05-24-11, 07:49 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome aboard and congrats on your beautiful new car, MissLexus!

It's nice to have another lady here on this forum, the guys here really know their stuff and are very helpful. I don't have a lot of mods on my car so to watch your list grow and the ideas spin is really fun for me to see.

It's funny them talking about an avatar...it took some of the guys here forever to figure out I was female. Some even thought it strange the things I would say and it not be very "manly". When I went to one of the meets, I introduced myself using my forum name and one guy turned bright red and said, "Oh THAT makes sense now. It all makes sense now..." LOL!

That being said, the guys here are a bunch of sweethearts and they have never guided me in the wrong direction. They are very helpful and patient with "holding your hand" through installs (thank you Kurtz) and they love to see the results.

So be sure to post a lot of pictures, I'm sure a lot of us would love to see the project transform.
Old 05-24-11, 09:01 AM
MissLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Welcome aboard and congrats on your beautiful new car, MissLexus!

It's nice to have another lady here on this forum, the guys here really know their stuff and are very helpful. I don't have a lot of mods on my car so to watch your list grow and the ideas spin is really fun for me to see.

It's funny them talking about an avatar...it took some of the guys here forever to figure out I was female. Some even thought it strange the things I would say and it not be very "manly". When I went to one of the meets, I introduced myself using my forum name and one guy turned bright red and said, "Oh THAT makes sense now. It all makes sense now..." LOL!

That being said, the guys here are a bunch of sweethearts and they have never guided me in the wrong direction. They are very helpful and patient with "holding your hand" through installs (thank you Kurtz) and they love to see the results.

So be sure to post a lot of pictures, I'm sure a lot of us would love to see the project transform.
Don't worry, I will post all kinds of pictures!! I will probably be worse than those annoying people who take a million pictures of their new puppy or something and post them ALL online ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2&l=1724a70091

^ there's the official album link again

Thats funny no one knew you were a girl until they met you...guys can't assume that we (female car enthusiasts) aren't out there because we are!! I am amazed at how helpful everyone is and it seems like people really know their stuff so I am very thankful for all your help so far! If you all weren't here to help me who knows what my car would end up looking like :-)
Old 05-25-11, 10:35 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL, this thread reminds me of a reddit post when a girl posts a picture of herself.

The best advice I can give you is to take your time, do you research, and get it right the first time. This thread might be of interest to you: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-the-most.html

I also have a similar Facebook album documenting the progress of my mods, just as an example of a chronological progression: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6&l=b3b69b47bd
Old 05-25-11, 10:42 AM
MissLexus
Driver

sweet I will check that out!!

I have already ordered a bunch of stuff that is coming this week. I will be on here this weekend for sure looking for help lol

Also...wheels.
I like these...

Since I want blacked out lights and windows I thought black rims would be a good way to tie it all together...but I like the ones that have both black and chrome detail..
Old 05-25-11, 10:52 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the middle rim you posted... nice, elagant, and just the right amount of agression.

Damn... you seem to be modding fast. You must be loaded.
Old 05-25-11, 11:15 AM
MissLexus
Driver

Well I don't know if I would call myself loaded haha but I'm not a hobo either...

What I'm curious about is how different the ride feels depending on if you have 19's compared to 20's...this is Minnesota, our 6 months of harsh winter leave mOst roads in bad shape all the time
Old 05-25-11, 11:25 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Best comfort will come from smaller rims as you can have more sidewall in the tire.

Personally, I'd go with 19"s or even 18"s...
Old 05-25-11, 01:51 PM
MissLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Best comfort will come from smaller rims as you can have more sidewall in the tire.

Personally, I'd go with 19"s or even 18"s...
I guess I could go with 19's...I dont want to mess up the nice smoothness of the ride...but I also am in love with how 20's look on the IS. Sometimes bigger is better!
Old 05-25-11, 02:04 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ TWSS.

I would definitely go 19" considering the road conditions and weather in MN. The extra sidewall will be very useful. The specs (spring rate, dampening, etc.) on your coils will also be critical to keep the ride smooth.
Old 05-25-11, 05:59 PM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gustavo250
this is the fastest thread ever lmfao :d and i can tell why :0
hahah..never seen a welcome thread that reaches 5 pages

Quick Reply: starting from scratch!