- Coilovers/air
- Window tints
- JDM window visors
- HID fogs/HID headlights
- LED retrofits
- Aftermarket exhaust
- Carbon fiber interior
- cf hood

Modifying cars is fun but a big undertaking. The amount of time it can take is astonishing. For a beginner like yourself, I recommend developing a discrimating taste on what you like/don't like. Experienced modders optimize their cars' appearances by choosing parts that match well together.

Also, how much money, time, and thought you put into your car is how much you get out. If you spend thousands of dollars for a nice set of JDM rims, a matching body kit, and coilovers, it'll look better than a set of $400 rims from tirerack with a set of lowering springs (no offense to any of us). So are you willing to spend some money?

I wish all women were as excited as you about modding.
Old 05-22-11, 07:42 PM
MissLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after thinking about it I dont want the pink headlights anyway. I always think of things as a big picture...everything must match! The smoked/blacked out look is appealing to me the most right now.
I think this world of modding will suit me well :-) I do agree that investing in quality items that all are in accordance with the same scheme are key to creating a sweet looking, top performing IS250. I think the wheels will take me the longest to decide on...there are SO many different options, I dont even know where to begin! So I will worry about that task later and start small :-)
Old 05-22-11, 08:09 PM
superdudu
Driver School Candidate

congrats and love the color!
Old 05-22-11, 08:47 PM
nMeOnE
Pole Position

congrats!!! now we need a full profile shot of you standing next to your car just as proof and to help decide what mods would accomodate well with you... o.O
Old 05-22-11, 09:20 PM
twenty
Pole Position

Hey Kristen, welcome!

Start off by dropping it on a nice set of 19s!
Old 05-22-11, 09:26 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

welcome to the gang.
and man i should have just posted a avatar of a hot chic. when i asked for help the answers were no where to as detailed and nice as these are lmao it was more" like do a search and just pick what you like" lmao again

good luck on your modding though you will enjoy the journey
Old 05-22-11, 09:37 PM
MissLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by nMeOnE
congrats!!! now we need a full profile shot of you standing next to your car just as proof and to help decide what mods would accomodate well with you... o.O
HAHA ok well here...I'm no car show model, but if I was I probably couldn't afford to buy one of these anyway so I can't say I'm too upset about it :-)

I am so excited I found this forum! I am sooo excited and anxious to get started on my projects! I will decide which head/tail lights I want this week and then attempt to install this weekend!

Then I will move on to wheels.

Is there a particular order mods need to be done in? I would think it wouldnt matter but what do I know...
Old 05-22-11, 09:51 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

girl you are model matrerial in my book. you certainly pass the eyeball test for me. you look 10x better then the car. keep it up
Old 05-22-11, 09:55 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

as for mods to start with a would start out with a roof spoiler and a trunk oem spoiler. those 2 are super cheap and simple diy jobs to start out and build your confidence about doing things yourself. then like you said go for the light mods. if you want them blacked out there is a super easy diy video posted on youtube. not hard at all to do . i wouldnt waste money on new tail lights if you plan on blacking them out anyway. save that 300 to 400 bucks for the rims. the blackout spray is like 20 bucks and only requires about 4 hours of your time. so heres a good starting base to get your feet wet.

i just got my is250 3 weeks ago heres my mod list in order and prices
*lx mode grille classifieds on here paid 125 shipped
roof spoiler ebay 84 shipped and painted

*purchased wald wing(replica off ebay 249 painted and shipped)havent gotten it yet but when i do its getting molded to the trunk for a clean look

*m2 exhaust (also off ebay paid 200 bucks shipped to the door installed myself.... totally happy with the sound and quality. comparable to a tanabe exhaust)

*alpine type r 12 and jl audio 300/2 amp 200 bucks off craigslist installed myself and got a single 12 box for 33 bucks, installed them myself using diy from here
* nav hack free used diy from here
* air box mod free used diy from here

*eibach springs classifieds on here 125 shipped
*20 inch rims and tires paid 1200 bucks at a local rim shop here
* jp viz replica kit from bayson r off ebay just front and rear lips for 315 shipped to the door perfect fitment
* paid 140 for paint and installed them myself for free
*led turn signal mirrors ebay 84 shipped to the door and 40 bucks to paint match them . installing them myself when i get time

so pretty much in a nut shell i got all the info on these parts using the search feature. and most of the mods are pretty inexpensive

Last edited by stasis3131; 05-22-11 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-22-11, 10:07 PM
MissLexus
Driver

Well thank you! I guess if I ever get bored with making lots of money, I'll consider car show modeling as an alternative :-) haha but seriously...I was not aware that I could black out my tail lights with a spray! See...this is working, I'm learning things! I would much rather spend $ on rims bc I know they will be a hefty chunk of change...
Old 05-22-11, 10:08 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,923 Likes on 1,029 Posts

and man i should have just posted a avatar of a hot chic. when i asked for help the answers were no where to as detailed and nice as these are lmao it was more" like do a search and just pick what you like" lmao again
^Idk man, twenty's avatar is pretty hot. lol.

girl you are model matrerial in my book. you certainly pass the eyeball test for me. you look 10x better then the car. keep it up
lol ok calm down, bru.
Old 05-22-11, 10:15 PM
MissLexus
Driver

Alf...so hot right now. haha!
I totally didn't think about a grill...I added that to the short list!

Probably wont do anything with exhaust in the immediate future...

I am pretty happy with the sound system as is, it sounds great! I used to have 2 Eclipse titanium series 15's with an 1800 Rockford amp in my last IS250 which I put in myself but it seemed a bit too much, and I wanted my trunk space :-)
Old 05-22-11, 10:20 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

lol ok calm down, bru.[/QUOTE]

lmao bro... i am from the south , here in texas we put woman on a pedestal lol.
hey you gotta imagine the the hot outfit and 6 inch stilettoes haha... those make most woman from regular to sexy in a heartbeat.
all models are just regular woman fixed up with makeup and some accessories for eye candy. kinda like the cars we mod if you think about it. haha
gotta start with a good base. shes off to a hella good start.
Old 05-22-11, 10:23 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

yeah look on ebay for a grille just type in is250 grille
there is a guy on there from texas that sells the lx mode style grille for 99 shipped to your door. also a easy diy

i used this diy to tint my tails on my cls 500 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSKA0ElKg1Q

Last edited by stasis3131; 05-22-11 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-22-11, 10:38 PM
hazmat
Rookie

If you are going to the black out route then you might want to plastic dip your emblems in the back first. I'll let the leg hump continues...

Quick Reply: starting from scratch!