Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

Project GS (95 Lexus GS 300)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-11, 10:08 AM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ STYLEZ
It's really coming along very nicely!! Way better looking then the stock height!!
Thx AJ 8-)
Old 06-17-11, 10:09 AM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jay26
looks really good, considering picking up a GS myself

clean looking in pics...may go and check it out this weekend
I promise you...you will be so happy when you get it. Its like the car has everything you want except for little things you can customize and put in yourself. Its a Luxury car but a beast under the hood.
Old 06-17-11, 10:13 AM
ReeM
Lead Lap

SOOOOOOOO...Went to the shop today.

Checked the entire suspension

Looks like i need new upper control arms on the entire car. Their going bad. Thats why my cars been swaying like a snake when i hit bumps lol.

Replaced both my lower ball joints...The left driver side was shot. That was the clunking noise. And the other noise is the cheap brake pads that were left on the calipers. -_-
Old 06-17-11, 10:30 AM
ReeM
Lead Lap

So, im going to order my upper control arms w/ ball joints for the entire car and sway bar links. Their going bad as well.
Old 06-17-11, 12:21 PM
CallmeQ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seeing you post your progress has inspired me to get back in it with mine. I'm in the same boat, the car is getting older and things need to be replaced. Keep it up, I can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 06-18-11, 11:32 PM
Stolen
Driver

Hey Reem wht was the out come w/ the flat, wrd on the street was you bent one of the rims on the BQE. But Im guessing u solved the problem or you wouldnt of been able to get the ball joints in. Once you replace all of those, along w the links Id recommand tossing those lowering springs for a set of coilovers. Those springs are not a great ride, and are eating up the stock struts. Especially on the New York city streets. Ive been down tht road w my old car. Just my 2cents.
Old 06-19-11, 05:16 AM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stolen
Hey Reem wht was the out come w/ the flat, wrd on the street was you bent one of the rims on the BQE. But Im guessing u solved the problem or you wouldnt of been able to get the ball joints in. Once you replace all of those, along w the links Id recommand tossing those lowering springs for a set of coilovers. Those springs are not a great ride, and are eating up the stock struts. Especially on the New York city streets. Ive been down tht road w my old car. Just my 2cents.
Yea. I bent it alright lol. Got it fixed the day after. I wanted coilovers to begin with lol. But the lowering springs were on the car already. I'm going to get those after I finish the control arms, sway links etc.
Old 06-24-11, 07:32 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Got a few accessories in the mail a few days ago

My EZPass
My Inverter
My Pioneer D3 Ipod/Iphone cable
Old 06-24-11, 07:36 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Picked up my sub from Jersey on Wednesday. (Thanks Mdgrwl)

Image Dynamics 12" Dual 2-Ohm Sub. 400rms, 800 peak
Old 06-25-11, 01:19 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

congrats on the car, and welcome to CL!!
Old 07-05-11, 11:49 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Well, time for a little update. Sound system is working well. Subwoofer is amazing. Need to upgrade the speakers. Their good but sound like crap when i crank em up high. Have to order some tweeters. And install the amp for the speakers. Then reconstruct the trunk and mount the amps to make it look legit. Still getting the knocking noise. And a weird feeling when i press on the brakes.
Old 07-05-11, 11:54 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Dont know if you guys know but i ripped my exhaust the other day getting on the brooklyn bridge from the FDR. their was nail hanging out from the speedbump and it caught my exhaist. So now everything comes out from the center of the car. sounds like a garbage truck lol. Good news tho. Im installing my Magnaflow w/ deleted resonator tomorrow. Woopty Doooo. 8-) Stay tuned for piks.
Old 07-05-11, 11:55 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

ooo yea...I almost have 4K views too. 8-) I have to make sure my Aristo is beyond great lmaooooo.
Old 07-07-11, 03:23 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

So I got my exhaust...But i cant install it. Welding needs to be done. -_-
No Y pipe. My pipes are shot. Bent up and everything. Have to wait till next Thursday to get it done. -_- My car sounds like a Honda civic when it hits redline. The Muffler Hole goo help out a little bit tho. Not as noisy.

Old 07-08-11, 02:26 PM
xenon24736
Driver School Candidate

Hey Ree, My name is Xen from Bklyn. That knocking part is due to some loose suspension part and if your brakes are feeling weird maybe you should put your money on brake pads, calipers, lines and a fluid flush and not focus on music as yet. I have done almost all the work on my car myself and can offer you some good advice and some parts for next to nothing!

Let me know what works for you.

Jay in Bk

Quick Reply: Project GS (95 Lexus GS 300)