Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking nice. time for an exhaust!

why'd you remove the AWD badge?
Old 04-27-11, 03:39 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Looks ligit! Are u taking the car to local car shows or meets?
Old 04-27-11, 08:09 AM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shuturmout
looking nice. time for an exhaust!

why'd you remove the AWD badge?
Thanks! No real reason... I didn't know any better and shaved off my "awd IS250" badge. When I realized there were holes in the trunk behind the badge, I decided to just get a new badge instead of patching up the holes. So, I went ahead and put on an IS250 badge back on but didn't get the awd one. haha

Originally Posted by BounceNY
Looks ligit! Are u taking the car to local car shows or meets?
I don't know if any local shows are coming up, but I have taken it to a local meet at exit 8 McDs (off of i84).

I am getting a pretty bad vibration from time to time. Doesn't seem to be relevant with how fast I'm going. Some days drives like stock, some days vibrates horribly. The wheels are balanced, the car got the alignment done, hub centric rings are in... don't know what it could be. It's kind of hard to diagnose the problem when there is no pattern to this. Ahh...
Old 04-27-11, 08:36 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

Looks clean dude
Old 04-27-11, 09:14 AM
Willis1550
Driver

Originally Posted by Acingteam
I am getting a pretty bad vibration from time to time. Doesn't seem to be relevant with how fast I'm going. Some days drives like stock, some days vibrates horribly. The wheels are balanced, the car got the alignment done, hub centric rings are in... don't know what it could be. It's kind of hard to diagnose the problem when there is no pattern to this. Ahh...
I have this too, 40 - 80 MPH. I am on BC Coils and stock 17s for now. Some days it's there, some days it isn't. I get it in the gas pedal, dead pedal, and floorboard of the car. I have found that the stiffer you go on the coils, slightly less vibration but harsher ride. I just have to find a "happy" medium.

I had Road Magnets on before, and I would get headaches on the way to work (35 miles of highway) because of the vibration through the dead pedal and floor. It doesn't seem as bad with the coils and the adjustability though.

Your car looks great, too.
Old 04-27-11, 09:39 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

I don't have an awd, but kinda curious to why there's vibration issue?
Old 04-27-11, 11:32 AM
HtownImprt
Driver

car is looking good, how the smaller tires feel?
Old 04-27-11, 04:06 PM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sick
I don't have an awd, but kinda curious to why there's vibration issue?
I believe the vibration has a lot (if not everything) to do with the drastic angle in the front cv axles after lowering. The vibration is only experienced in AWD models. I posted a few pic's couple pages back with my car on a "drive on type" lift. The pictures show the actual angle the front cv axle's are when the car is on the ground.
Old 04-27-11, 04:19 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

your cv boot is about to give bro
needa bring it up to 25 sadly
n let a brother get a photoshoot yo
lol
Old 04-27-11, 10:02 PM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Willis1550
I have this too, 40 - 80 MPH. I am on BC Coils and stock 17s for now. Some days it's there, some days it isn't. I get it in the gas pedal, dead pedal, and floorboard of the car. I have found that the stiffer you go on the coils, slightly less vibration but harsher ride. I just have to find a "happy" medium.

I had Road Magnets on before, and I would get headaches on the way to work (35 miles of highway) because of the vibration through the dead pedal and floor. It doesn't seem as bad with the coils and the adjustability though.

Your car looks great, too.
Thanks man! Mine is so weird... some days mine vibrates no matter the speed 10mph+, and some days it rides sooo smooth. I really can't put my finger on it. My settings are all on hard (16) for front and rears, simply because I want to minimize the rubbing and save my front fenders.

How low are you? I'm wondering if it'll go away if I raise it up 1/2 an inch to an inch...

Originally Posted by HtownImprt
car is looking good, how the smaller tires feel?
Honestly, not as bad as I thought it would. I'm a little paranoid about how low the lip of my front rims is to the ground. Kind of wish now that I went with 225/35/19 up front and raised the car 1/2" all around. Then with like a Vertex lip kit it would still look decent. But I already switched tires twice, so I won't do it again... such a PITA.

I like the fact that I didn't have to do anything with my fenders and fender liner for these to work.

Originally Posted by Imnutz4jdm
your cv boot is about to give bro
needa bring it up to 25 sadly
n let a brother get a photoshoot yo
lol
no, no, no!!! haha It would look weird this high with skinny tires. I might bring it back to 24". I measured the car before I swapped the rims on and it sat at 23.5" all around.

Last edited by Acingteam; 04-27-11 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-28-11, 07:04 PM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Alright, so after hearing all these scary stories with CV Boots getting ripped and a broken axle, I've decided to raise my car a little today. Raised it 1" all around, so the car is currently sitting at 24.5" ground to fender on all 4 corners. It really kills me to do this... but, at least the vibration is almost gone!! I haven't taken the car over 30mph yet, but it seems to ride smoother. The drop still looks pretty good... 1 finger gap in the front, and none in the rear. This just means I have to get a big front lip... ings or vertex and probably GFX rear. And I need a new alignment... sigh...
Old 04-28-11, 07:34 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Clean and simple
Old 04-28-11, 08:24 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

I think I found solution of the problem with cv boot torn.. I bet AWD had different ratio of height then RWD.. Like AWD sit higher then RWD right.. Maybe the material of CV boot or the whole CV axle made different type of the IS model... MAybe Im wrong or right...
Old 04-28-11, 08:33 PM
HtownImprt
Driver

hopefully i can fix my broken axle by the end of the week, probably not gonna raise it though, love how my car looks slammed lol, I'll probably try not to turn the wheel all the way from now on to avoid adding extra stress to the axle and see how it goes

if i break another axle, ima have to sell everything and put the car back to stock and build a different car

Quick Reply: Project Lexi - 08 IS250 AWD on a budget