Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

LuxuryGS3's Reintroduction/Official Build Thread

Old 05-22-11, 07:18 PM
GS6SEVEN1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damm. ride is looking good now.. just wondering. hows the roads around there.. your car is hella low.. u scraping everywhere.
and are those blue megan "LP's"or street.
Old 05-22-11, 07:22 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by starfyrels
Are those EZ streets? Looks very nice. Very similar to my LP's except that lower mounting portion is a bit beefier on the LP's.

Also; is that a spacer in your pics up there? or a stud conversion? kinda interested in if you do have spacers but then again your rears still look sunken?
Yes they are EZ's.

And it's a stud conversion. The Zone's I have are 5x120 so we picked up some 35MM adapters for them, but took them back today, gonna go a different route for now.

Originally Posted by GS6SEVEN1
damm. ride is looking good now.. just wondering. hows the roads around there.. your car is hella low.. u scraping everywhere.
and are those blue megan "LP's"or street.
I scrape EVERYTHING and LOVE it, lol. I honestly love the height, it's crazy to drive, but I freaking love it, lol.

And they're not "LP's", but they are Megan's. They're the EZ version.
Old 05-22-11, 09:55 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks great, keep it low and do some fender work if you can.
Old 05-23-11, 12:34 AM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what wheels r u gonna get? If it sits like how it does now, maybe a small spcer in rear to match the fronts, while keeping your tucked look. Mines is tucked too.
Old 05-23-11, 05:07 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VIP-209
looks great, keep it low and do some fender work if you can.
Well the only reason we have to raise it a hair is because my stockies are thicker than the usual tires that are on them. I'm running 215/65 I think. I'd have to look again, but it's something like that. I do plan on keeping it slammed like that though.

Originally Posted by dejavu157
what wheels r u gonna get? If it sits like how it does now, maybe a small spcer in rear to match the fronts, while keeping your tucked look. Mines is tucked too.
I'm sticking with the Zone's, but i'm really feeling the whole 'tucked' look, so i'm gonna get them redrilled to 5x114 and then just throw them on no spacers and see how it looks. Then if I feel like I wanna poke or anything I can always find some spacers easily.
Old 05-23-11, 05:49 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tires / spacers

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Well the only reason we have to raise it a hair is because my stockies are thicker than the usual tires that are on them. I'm running 215/65 I think. I'd have to look again, but it's something like that. I do plan on keeping it slammed like that though.

I'm sticking with the Zone's, but i'm really feeling the whole 'tucked' look, so i'm gonna get them redrilled to 5x114 and then just throw them on no spacers and see how it looks. Then if I feel like I wanna poke or anything I can always find some spacers
easily.
Yepp. I think the stock tire size is 215/60r-16 for the Gs. Maybe you get a deal in some take offs. This would be good temps until you slap the 19's on.

Idk how much its gonna cost to re-drill. If the re-drill cost is near $50/wheel. Then you might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone (or should I say spacer ) hahaha. You can get 20 or 25mm spacer/wheel adapters. The adapters generally convert any wheel to fit your Gs. Note: make sure the back of the wheel has pockets in between each lug hole, incase the tip of the old wheel studs stick out the spacer a little.

Last edited by /209JOHN\; 05-23-11 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-23-11, 06:28 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VIP-209
Yepp. I think the stock tire size is 215/60r-16 for the Gs. Maybe you get a deal in some take offs. This would be good temps until you slap the 19's on.

Idk how much its gonna cost to re-drill. If the re-drill cost is near $50/wheel. Then you might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone (or should I say spacer ) hahaha. You can get 20 or 25mm spacer/wheel adapters. The adapters generally convert any wheel to fit your Gs. Note: make sure the back of the wheel has pockets in between each lug hole, incase the tip of the old wheel studs stick out the spacer a little.
Yeah that's what I was initially planning to do was to get adapters and then you know space it out a bit, but I wanna see what it'd look like without any adapters or spacing and just bolted straight on.. It's 19x8 +32
Old 05-23-11, 07:58 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Looks fantastic, Daniel!
Old 05-23-11, 04:45 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Looks fantastic, Daniel!
Thanks bro i'm trying.
Old 05-24-11, 09:53 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Looks fantastic, Daniel!
x2 EXCEPT that wood log under the hood, go to autozone and spend $20 and get a new hood prop Daniel
Old 05-24-11, 09:59 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sakataj
x2 EXCEPT that wood log under the hood, go to autozone and spend $20 and get a new hood prop Daniel
Haha i'm working on it bro, i'm working on it. I'm really trying to stop from spending any $$$ atm so I can get the wheels on and whatnot. Still need 2 tires for the fronts and i'm in the process of shaving my front/rear fenders right now, but don't worry hood props are on the list.
Old 06-06-11, 08:36 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Well today I got on my front tires on the Zone Forged 1's and got a 235 in the rear to test out. Seems like the 235 will work, but will have to shave and do a minor pull on the fender if I want to go real low. Might just raise it for now and enjoy it and do all that later though.

Here's a picture I took test fitting the front/rear. The rear is actually sitting way higher than where it's suppose to be, if I brought it down anymore it would just be sitting on top of the tire and I don't want that, so in the next couple of days i'll be raising the GS in the rear a bit and maybe a tad in the front so it doesn't look so off and will go from there. For now enjoy.

P.S. -- Took the picture with my iPhone so pardon the not so great picture.
Old 06-06-11, 08:56 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

It's come such a long way...
Old 06-06-11, 08:57 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

It's come such a long way...
Thanks man.

This car honestly has and I can't wait to keep making it look better and better. I'll keep you updated via text bro. I'm going to have to raise it more probably get on that this weekend and try to roll the fronts and pull the rears a little, so expect some text messages.
Old 06-07-11, 12:45 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the wheels. Your car looks fantastic now!! Keep up the good work!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LuxuryGS3's Reintroduction/Official Build Thread