Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My 1995 Soarer Build

Old 01-18-11, 01:29 PM
antonio356
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1995 Soarer Build

Sup guys.. I have my build thread posted over at Supra Forums but decided also to post it on here as well for those of you that are interested in viewing it.. Below I just copied and pasted the post that I have made so far. Hope you guys enjoy.

Hey guy's I'm here bringing you my 95 Soarer build. I didn't have any pictures of it when I orignally got it just some pics of what I've done so far. Will try and post pics of stuff as I go.. Thanks to everyone so Far who helped on Supra forums with parts and stuff.... So on to the pictures....

With the old rims on and some dents

[IMGhttp://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/29057_403987221870_1354508_n.jpg[/IMG]

1JZ Stock Twins Cleaned and sprayed it down with WD-40

Sprayed the spark plug and upper timing belt cover

Prepping interior panels for test spray

Base coat on upper timing cover and cup holder

Metallic Red Trial Paint

Turbos XS Manual Boost Controller Installed (PITA)

Can someone tell me what this means please. It came on the car from Japan.

Laslty.. Changed the rims to 18x9 F and 18x10 R Motegi Touges-- Side skirt cracked from highway incident...

Things that came with the car

Cusco Suspension
Greddy Intercooler
Bride Low Ride Seat
Blitz Boost Guage
Greddy Turbo Timer
Strut Bar
Cat back 3" exhaust

Car is BPU right now

More photos to come guys...

Future Mods

Holset HX35 for single conversion
440cc Supra Injectors
Apexi AFC

Have to Fix:

Exhaust (May have to get a new one made)
Body kit and Paint
Change Flex Disc/Couplin/Guibo etc etc....

So after the 3500lbs Soarer dropped on me A while back a few buddies of mine and myself took a day to change my drive shaft couplin/ flex disc/ isolator/ damper... Man.. This thing got a lot of names.... We ensure that the car was more secured this time... Yes we are laying on sheets of plywood.. No garage here.

Here is how it suppose to look (Nice giant can of WD-40)

And this was the one removed

Loosening the center section--The wrong way... We made sure the bolts were torqued back and Loosen the center the right way... (One of my friends helping while I take a photo)

All installed and looking like new

Also replaced broken exhaust hanger on subframe --- No pic of it being installed...

That's all for now folks.. Will be posting some more stuff shortly..
Planning on repainting all the interior accent pieces a different color. and also the timing cover and spark plug valley cover.

Awaiting my power steering pump to replace the leaking one. (The old one will be reconditioned and shelved or sold)

Thinking about flat blacking the hood, roof and trunk... Not sure about that quite yet... It may be sleep getting to me... Continue to show your support guys... Thanks for viewing so far..

Changed my injectors to 440cc Injectors... There's a write up on here placed in the Performance section.

UPDATE!!!! Well sorta... I wanted to start to repair the kit on the car.. Where I live the road have alot of pot holes and we also have a few not so good drivers... The rear bumper had its turning point when I pulled it on a parking stop that cracked it further... With that it's going to lead to me repairing the whole body kit on my car starting with the rear bumper.. For anyone that ask, the kit is either an origin kit or a replica. I'll have to pull the front bumper and side skirt to confirm. Now on to the photos...

Soarers just do not look right without a rear bumper cover... Oh.. Anyone that have the foam bumper reinforcement that they want to give away for free PM me. Will pay shipping to 33023..

Yeah it looks pretty gruesome.. Taking votes on if I should delete the second exhaust exit as I'm running a single exhaust...

Left side cracked...

Had to build this section back up. Had a huge chunk of it saved..

Appearantly the rear bumper was repaired before... Didn't really see any fiberglass with all the resin they used.. Didn't have a grinder to remove all of that stuff so just sanded over it..

Attaching the missing piece and then using tape to build the missing piece.... Painter's tape rocks... When the fiberglass was dried it did not stick or hardened with the piece...

Front of bumper.. Will grind down crack to add fiberglass to try and minimize bondo use..

Last edited by antonio356; 02-13-14 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-18-11, 01:30 PM
antonio356
Driver

That's it for now as I still have not gotten my daily beater.. Get this a 92 Toyota Carina ED with a 3S-GE motor... Got to get the alternator rebuilt and bleed the breaks... When that's on the road the Soarer will be parked so that I can work on the car in my spare time....

Got the bumper sanded 2 days ago to get it ready for filler. I think I will use the fiberglass jelly to fill the cracks on the outside and then the plastic filler on top... Will be laying another layer of fiberglass over the section that was built back up. The bumper doesn't feel heavier or anything so that's a plus.

One of the 2 major spots sanded down to dear near even. Also showing the amount of how much bondo was used previously to repair it. Will use the bondo to get it smooth but not as much as the previous person did....

Skirts with damage..

Broken pieces taped up.

Fiberglass laid down. Sanded other side

Eliminating the 2nd exhaust hole

Last edited by antonio356; 02-13-14 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Fixing Photos
Old 01-18-11, 01:44 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your stock piping, hoses and fan shroud are so shiny and clean. WD-40 got it all like that?
Old 01-21-11, 06:35 AM
antonio356
Driver

Originally Posted by Candela
Your stock piping, hoses and fan shroud are so shiny and clean. WD-40 got it all like that?
Hand wash with degreaser and a cloth. The sprayed it of with water.. Let it dry a bit and then sprayed on the WD-40.
Old 01-21-11, 07:18 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did alot of work so far. And props on that fiberglass work. You said that was your first time? Skills ahha
Old 01-21-11, 07:27 AM
antonio356
Driver

Originally Posted by Vincent123
did alot of work so far. And props on that fiberglass work. You said that was your first time? Skills ahha
Lol... Yup.. First time.. Will try and have everything fixed this weekend or next weekend then it's fiberglass filler in the front and then the other filler after that. Thanks...
Old 01-21-11, 06:55 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep it up
Old 01-21-11, 07:09 PM
lk123
Rookie

love the wheels & did anyone tell you what those markings mean yet? lol
Old 01-21-11, 11:23 PM
antonio356
Driver

Originally Posted by lk123
love the wheels & did anyone tell you what those markings mean yet? lol
Had a guy from a Chinese restaurant read it... Asked if he knew Japanese Caligraphy... Said that it meant "Confirmed".... If someone can "confirm" / tell me what it really means I would be happy...
Old 01-21-11, 11:27 PM
lk123
Rookie

lol well gl on finding out for sure
Old 01-22-11, 08:48 AM
MidloSC
Driver

Originally Posted by antonio356
Had a guy from a Chinese restaurant read it... Asked if he knew Japanese Caligraphy... Said that it meant "Confirmed".... If someone can "confirm" / tell me what it really means I would be happy...
From google translate: confirm = 確認

I would recommend fiber reinforced filler on the bumpers and skirts. You should be able to find it at most auto parts stores or automotive paint suppliers.

Great job so far.
Old 01-26-11, 02:42 PM
antonio356
Driver

**Updates

Acquire 2 Recaro seats from a 1996 Mitsubishi Evolition.. Got a good deal on them...
This is how I got them....

2 cans of tuff stuff and they came out sort of better. Got a lil dirty from tipping them forward. Also have to get the drive side sewn up.

Took the turbo out of my bag that I had it in for a few months. Got it in July but seeing as the performance aspect of the build is not until later this year never had a need to take it out... It's a Holset HX35y... Should spool pretty quick based on the exhaust housing. I'm trying to find a normal exhaust housing for it though but for now I will have to settle for what I have. I took the internal wastegate actuator off and will be taking it to get the arm welded up shortly.

Have a Tial 40mm waste-gate that I got a little while back as well, however I think the turbo manifold is flanged for a 50mm waste-gate.. Ill Probably have it re-flanged..

Recently just got more stuff..
Got my 2nd Blow off valve for the intake side.. Will probably powder coat both of them black..

Also picked up a Bosch Fuel Pump.. Really it's the stock MKIV supra Pump.. It will be used to deliver fuel to the 440cc whenever I get around to install it.

Last edited by antonio356; 02-13-14 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Fixed Photos
Old 01-26-11, 02:51 PM
antonio356
Driver

Originally Posted by MidloSC
From google translate: confirm = 確認

I would recommend fiber reinforced filler on the bumpers and skirts. You should be able to find it at most auto parts stores or automotive paint suppliers.

Great job so far.

So it doesn't translate to the same on the car.. Hmmmm Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up.. If anyone can figure what it means I would really like to know....

I have the fiberglass filler that I will use and then the regular one... Posted it in the updates... Have about 3 layers of mat on the badly damage area of the rear bumper, skirts, and the pieces that I added in.

Thanks for adding to the post man...
Old 01-26-11, 03:16 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

keep goin! awesome build
Old 01-26-11, 03:21 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

where would you buy this?

any links?