Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

AIMGAIN LS430 Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-11, 01:01 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have my permission to post up all modded q45's on here as well (not that counts for much) but that is one of my other fav vip platforms of all time. i love the presidente and cima body's and owned a y33 gloria for a little bit when living in japan back in 02-04.

yeah i completely understand the compromise between daily driver and show car looks. mine is a little lower presently and i just had the rear fenders shaved, no pull or nothin'. yeah i really wasn't asking what happens to the car cuz i was interested just cuz i was guessing that it was someone's personal car and again i thought that this person probably didn't want it slammed and scrubbin all over.

what are the specs on the wheels and tires? i went a little smaller on the tire sidewall and a real mild stretch as well as shaving the rear fenders and it allowed me to go a little more aggressive on the look and still keep that daily driver capable ride.
Old 01-04-11, 01:01 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i think you should go lower............thats just my opinion....
Old 01-04-11, 01:27 PM
3Tmotrsprt
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by junjdm
i think you should go lower............thats just my opinion....
I'm inclined to think the same way.... but it's not my car. Hahaha. We'll probably just lower the car when we go to shows and put it back up when it goes back to dd. The car handles pretty seriously since we put in the new Aimgain coilovers. The spring rate is 16K which surprised me but I guess it's to deal with the weight of the car. The way it handles, I'd have no problems taking this car to the track for a track day. We'll see how that goes.

The wheels are 20x9 ET37 and 20x10 ET34 rear on 245/30 front and 275/30 rear. If we shave the inside lip, we can definately go lower without hitting.
Old 01-04-11, 02:34 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ride is looking sweet! Love the rims + drop to give it more aggressive look. I personally prefer 2 bigger tailpipes to 4 smaller ones, but to each his own. How is the ride with the big rims and sporty suspension?
Old 01-04-11, 04:12 PM
3Tmotrsprt
Former Sponsor

The ride is definately not plush anymore. It's hard to describe without actually driving and feeling how it feels, but it is definately much more sporty. Probably close to what a stock 370Z would feel like. I like how it feels but it may not be for everyone. Anyone trying to keep their plush soft ride probably may need to get something else.
Old 01-05-11, 11:20 AM
GRAVITY34
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Verry NICE whip. I love the kit very much! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 01-05-11, 12:15 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by 3Tmotrsprt
I know some of you guys wanted pictures of the rear of the car and finally since the rains have gone, here they are.
The rear spoiler is almost identical to the Auto Couture spoiler I have on my car. Naturally, I like it a lot.
Old 01-05-11, 02:24 PM
teamplayer
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

With adjustable or longger rear lower control arms and a stretched tire set-up, I'm sure the rubbing would be minimized greatly. Maybe can drop even lower for daily. Looks awesome regardless though.
Old 07-29-11, 11:37 AM
3Tmotrsprt
Former Sponsor

Hey all, we're getting geared up to go to SEMA once again but I'm thinking I need to change something up on the car before we go. Any ideas? Also, I changed out my Aimgain pricing so if you need something, give us a holler.
Old 07-30-11, 05:23 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

you will definitely need to drop it as much as possible. maybe wait till after you get it off the truck at the other end and then pull the front wheels off and drop that ***** sucka, then jack up the rear and drop the rear too. this alone will give it the biggest improvement.

i've noticed a lot of people having their engine plastic covers custom painted in a 2 tone way that looks pimp as shiz also. i've been quoted at around $500 and am considering it a little. if you really wanted to draw some attention, you could also put a kompressor on it or swap out the motor with a toyota century v12 i vote for the v12 myself and this is not unheard of by the way in the land where our cars come from (plus the engine cover painting, and the drop)..
Old 07-30-11, 01:16 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the black aimgain better
Old 08-01-11, 06:27 PM
3Tmotrsprt
Former Sponsor

Damn, a Century V12 would be something. Does it even fit into the 30 body? Anybody do it yet? Two tone paint on the engine covers is definately possible. Body color? Yeah, I got the whole, "car is too high" thing from last year so we definately will do something about that.

What's the black Aimgain?
Old 08-02-11, 05:16 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

here is just one example of one of my friends (chance) car and how he did his painting.

Old 08-02-11, 11:21 AM
debian
Driver

The question that remains unanswered is ...How much does this kit cost?
Cheers,
Ian
Old 08-04-11, 11:56 AM
3Tmotrsprt
Former Sponsor

Well, the price of the kit changes with the fluctuation of the dollar but at this moment in time the price for the Aimgain Generation three piece kit is $2700.00 without freight. Freight and duties fluctuate as well but is generally anywhere from $550-$650 for a single box. Hope this helps as general pricing information.

Quick Reply: AIMGAIN LS430 Build