Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread

Old 12-17-14, 05:49 PM
Albatross
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats cool bring that sucker over and we can install it in a couple hours on the lift. maybe my neighbor will be home, he'd love to see your little monster.
Old 12-17-14, 06:23 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Albatross
thats cool bring that sucker over and we can install it in a couple hours on the lift. maybe my neighbor will be home, he'd love to see your little monster.
Ill take you up on that offer. Once I get the LSD Ill let you know and we can setup a weekend
Old 12-19-14, 12:11 PM
SCswapLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pan

Ok. I posted on this thread before, but its been a while since I saw this page or my car. Your car looks great. Here is the first of many questions:
the oil pan. You used an F-body pan so all you would need to do is notch the cross member. Did you use an original F-body pan? The junk yards around here kinda suck. No F-body V8s. When I go online to buy an F-body pan it references "new style" even as it specifies OEM. Not sure if that will fit. Thanks
Old 12-19-14, 02:41 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SCswapLS
Ok. I posted on this thread before, but its been a while since I saw this page or my car. Your car looks great. Here is the first of many questions:
the oil pan. You used an F-body pan so all you would need to do is notch the cross member. Did you use an original F-body pan? The junk yards around here kinda suck. No F-body V8s. When I go online to buy an F-body pan it references "new style" even as it specifies OEM. Not sure if that will fit. Thanks
I used everything from the same 2000 WS6 Trans Am. Complete engine from intake to oil pan, trans and drive shaft. The pictures below show (in green) what needs to be cut. All you need to remove the hump or elevated spot on the cross member to make it flat. If you cant find an F-Body oil pan, a C5 pan will work also and is slightly shorter in height.

The last pic with the smaller green square is what I notched to allow access and easy removal of the stock oil filter as Im not currently using a relocation setup like I had previously.

Old 12-20-14, 06:19 AM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using an oil filter adapter plate about an inch thick, for my oil cooler and the oil filter still clears, but not by much. I chopped a little more for clearance after this picture, but it will give you an idea. I also removed the side subframe reinforcement bar, for clearance of my long tubes.
Attachment 495411
Old 12-20-14, 07:44 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the better pic Logan. What side reinforcement bar did you remove? Ive been looking at longtubes this past week, and would like to remove anything not essential to avoid clearance issues.
Old 12-21-14, 07:44 AM
SCswapLS
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks!!

Thank you both for the excellent information! Ill be back.........
Old 12-21-14, 08:44 AM
RotaSpinna
Rookie

Don't mean to thread jack, but are these mounts still available? I see AMS mounts on eBay. I'm a little curious of the quality though.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 12-21-14, 09:07 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RotaSpinna
Don't mean to thread jack, but are these mounts still available? I see AMS mounts on eBay. I'm a little curious of the quality though.

Thanks,

Andrew
Mike from AMS obtained the mount design from DGR. I had spoke with Mike shortly after extensively about his mounts, and I had seen a set first hand and the quality is exceptional and imo surpassed DGR due to the chromolly materials and powder coating. Mike is a member here on CL, but not sure if he is still active or not, but is a stand up guy to deal with.
Old 12-21-14, 05:03 PM
RotaSpinna
Rookie

Well then he has a new customer and we have a new LSx SC

Thanks!
Old 12-21-14, 05:17 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RotaSpinna
Well then he has a new customer and we have a new LSx SC

Thanks!
Awesome! You will not be disappointed one bit, its a blast to drive. Looking forward to seeing pics of the progress. What trans are you going to use?
Old 12-23-14, 12:44 PM
millertime
Pole Position

man! look at this guy.

havent been on here for a while.

lookin good! im still rockin the LS6 stock intake and ported 318 heads
Old 12-23-14, 01:32 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by millertime
man! look at this guy.

havent been on here for a while.

lookin good! im still rockin the LS6 stock intake and ported 318 heads

Ive been looking for updates on your SC, even on LS1tech. Seen you selling a bunch of turbo parts, what happened?

Finally got my 243 head coming in, should be sending them out for porting shortly after. Then need to order all the LS7 lifters, trays, and some roller rockers. Ordered the LSD today (finally, only took 2 years), once all those are on, Ill get a tune and start building the next portion of the build.
Old 12-24-14, 03:48 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Short driving video, nothing spectacular. Excuse the out of focus camera at the beginning, it couldn't decide what to focus on
Quick WOT 1st-2nd pull at 8:00.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bdn...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by turbodremz; 12-24-14 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-25-15, 05:44 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Ordering BV solid front and rear diff bushings soon for the TT diff. Going to try and get the new heads put on along with the 100mm maf and a tune before TX2K15. May also be gutting the doors and replacing some glass with lexan soon.

Recent pic with my camera from work (300d with a 10-24mm lens, lowest quality settings on the camera), excuse the mess in the garage:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread