talk to brandon hurst, he has my old 97 skirts and may sell it to you
Ill get in contact with him. Thanks
Old 10-30-14, 07:18 PM
Albatross
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Ill get in contact with him. Thanks
and get some fender flares and hotrod louvers!

your car NEEDS hotrod louvers. they'll MAKE it. trust me dude.
Old 11-01-14, 05:23 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Albatross
and get some fender flares and hotrod louvers!

your car NEEDS hotrod louvers. they'll MAKE it. trust me dude.
Fender flares..possibly, but need lower offset on the wheels than what I ordered

But I now have 102mm of throttle body inlet, and the throttle response is outstanding. No test drive yet, and the PCM is still learning the basics to get the idle to calm down a bit, but starting to hold steady at 850-900 rpm. So before anything cosmetic, needs the 100mm MAF housing, and a dyno session.

I went with the Nick Williams 102mm over the Fast cause of the reviews and it came in black. Only pic as of tonight:

Old 11-04-14, 11:27 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Got to take the SC570 out for a spin yesterday evening with the new CCW reps. Traction from a roll is nonexistent with the 275's in the back, even feathering the throttle 1st-3rd is tricky, but does some great 3rd gear rolling burnouts. Once on the freeway, the 102mm intake and throttle body really came alive with the cam. And finally got the chance to have a good line up and put a 5.0 Coyote in his place from a roll.

Trying to get some time to get some pictures today of the new daily setup. Should be ordering the lsd, new gears and a 28" drag tire set up soon, and a new GoPro to get some footage.
Old 11-04-14, 05:43 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Couldnt get a full picture of the car, my kids are asleep so cant start it to pull it out of the garage. Might pick up some fiberglass and try finishing the hood again one of these days. But for now, and until I get a new Gopro or other small camera for video, these will have to do:

Old 11-19-14, 12:06 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

No major updates, but I do have a new camera coming in, and a new emblem to replace the "SC300" badge on my car:

(Pic courtesy of ls1velle via LS1tech)

12 layers of carbon, CNC cut and clear coated.
Old 11-19-14, 01:46 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey buddy,

Not to thread jack but I have my CCW SP500's in chrome with new Toyo Proxes 1tires for sale if you know anybody in our area looking for something like that. $2,600 is a steal.

Shane
Old 11-19-14, 03:13 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SSmith
Hey buddy,

Not to thread jack but I have my CCW SP500's in chrome with new Toyo Proxes 1tires for sale if you know anybody in our area looking for something like that. $2,600 is a steal.

Shane
No worries. Ill ask the handful of people I know out here and see if anyone is interested. If I had the spare cash and didnt need an LSD/new gears and a 6.0l block I wouldnt mind having them.
Old 11-26-14, 05:13 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Finally a worth while update.

Ordered my 243 heads, just over 40k miles on them from an '06 CTSV. This should bring compression up to around the 11:1 area with the new headgaskets, and with the cam, intake, exhaust, and a good tune yield around 450+/- rwhp.
Old 11-27-14, 12:53 PM
Oochi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huge thumbs up for this build. I've recently picked up a 94 sc300 shell and plan to put an LSX in it as well for a drift car for next season if I can get it ready in time. Any advice on finding motor mounts or is Mike at AMS the only guy that makes them?
Old 11-28-14, 07:12 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Oochi
Huge thumbs up for this build. I've recently picked up a 94 sc300 shell and plan to put an LSX in it as well for a drift car for next season if I can get it ready in time. Any advice on finding motor mounts or is Mike at AMS the only guy that makes them?
Thanks, be sure to post up a build. As for the mounts, Mike is the only one that makes them, if he still does..Im not sure. I know there are a pair in the classifieds, drop a line to sc300bigtx, he has them.

Only other option I can think of for mounts is using a motor plate and mid plate. I have been considering swapping, but my car is fairly straight line specific. Not sure how motor/mid plates would work for a drift setup, but it is a nice very solid option.
Old 11-29-14, 09:22 AM
Oochi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Thanks, be sure to post up a build. As for the mounts, Mike is the only one that makes them, if he still does..Im not sure. I know there are a pair in the classifieds, drop a line to sc300bigtx, he has them.

Only other option I can think of for mounts is using a motor plate and mid plate. I have been considering swapping, but my car is fairly straight line specific. Not sure how motor/mid plates would work for a drift setup, but it is a nice very solid option.
Thanks for the reply, man! I talked to Mike last week and he still does. I'll shoot sc300bigtx a message and thanks for the heads up. If you do switch out mounts, let me know haha, I may be interested in your old ones if so.

Also, I plan on posting up the build. It should be a fun ride
Old 12-17-14, 03:01 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Got confirmation today that my 06 CTSV 243 head are on their way, so major bump in compression coming. And got my 100mm maf in the mail today while I was at work. Time to get the new headgaskets, studs and possibly new pushrods ordered, then get it to a dyno. Now time to start targeting a stroker (408cid or larger) block, built TR6060/T56 magnum, rear gears and lsd, then switch to a custom grind cam and shoot for 550rwhp+ n/a.

Old 12-17-14, 03:27 PM
Albatross
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think your car is about to get a whole lot scarier lol
Old 12-17-14, 04:42 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Albatross
I think your car is about to get a whole lot scarier lol
You mean more fun. Just found a new diff with the 3.92 ratio that Im going to swap to, debating if Im going to order it tonight or wait till after the holidays. Then the LSD will follow, cause I have a feeling the stock diff wont hold long after the new heads go on

Quick Reply: SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread