Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread

Old 12-28-13, 09:19 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did a quick test fit of the turbo on the driver side a few days ago, and cause of the fuse box and the radiator and fans, it didnt fit so good. So, got to moving the fuse box, tilted the radiator forward a bit, and started to rewire the entire car. Finishing it up today, so more pictures this afternoon. But for now, the initial test fit, and a pic of the car in progress: (excuse the cell phone pics)

Yes, the harness is back in the fender. But down to about 11 wires total. Airbag wiring will come out once the new steering wheel setup is installed:

Old 12-28-13, 11:28 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your so cool..
Old 12-28-13, 12:09 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Your so cool..

Cant tell if sarcasm involved, or actual compliment

Thanks either way lol
Old 12-28-13, 02:09 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

It's all love lol I went for a ride in a buddies 600hp all motor vette and I give your props for having the ***** to strap a big *** turbo to that bad boy.. How much you plan to make?
Old 12-28-13, 04:13 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
It's all love lol I went for a ride in a buddies 600hp all motor vette and I give your props for having the ***** to strap a big *** turbo to that bad boy.. How much you plan to make?

Lol, had to ask. So hard to "read" emotion through text.

Right now plan is to hit the 700rwhp range on low boost with water/meth, cam, and tune on pump gas. Not too worried about the engine as it only has 58k miles on it, but if it does pop, I will be swapping to an LQ4 block. But there is a fellow LS1 owner on LS1tech that put down 779rwhp on a stock block/head with the same turbo @ 17.3psi, and IIRC he has just a tad over 100k miles.
Old 12-29-13, 05:55 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mother of pearl look at that turbo on that LSX! Ur nuts I'm scared just by looking at it GOOD job finish her up
Old 12-29-13, 06:17 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kez
Mother of pearl look at that turbo on that LSX! Ur nuts I'm scared just by looking at it GOOD job finish her up
Yeah it is pretty decent size, but the LS's can handle bigger with ease. But will be a kick in the pants for sure.

Finally got around to taking a couple non-cell phone pics today, and being shaky as I am, they still came out kind of .. One thing I didnt get a picture of is the rear of the car with the bumper cut and spare tire-well removed. But here are a couple showing a bit more detail on the car. Its still dirty, so excuse the mess.

So this last week, was all preparation for the turbo. Moving the fuse box behind the drivers seat, look closely and you can see its tilted forward about 2'' or so and I still need to make new brackets. Aside from that, ALL the sound dampening material from inside the car is finally gone, and with the 3'' dumped exhaust, I have managed to toss every bit of luxury out the window.

More to come soon, along with a new steering wheel setup, and actually get around to finishing the cage. As for the turbo, its going to be a few months before everything is ready, cost of the TRD diff is going to kill me and slow everything down.
Old 12-30-13, 03:38 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

What is it like driving on such thin front tires? I like the set up. Are the offsets between the front and back balanced?
Old 12-30-13, 05:56 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

At first it was enough to make me nervous, but other than that I cant really feel a difference. Just have to be more attentive when slowing down, and turns are a bit slower, but I drive normal. The rears are a 5.5'' backspace, fronts are 1.75'' back space and needed a 25mm spacer to clear the calipers, but they fit good enough for what the car is being used for.
Old 01-16-14, 05:06 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Got this far, and considering switching the turbo for a slightly higher compression and supercharger. Hmmm..

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Old 01-16-14, 08:36 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bw all the way.

I'm loving this thread!

No supercharger please.
Old 01-16-14, 08:49 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Bw all the way.

I'm loving this thread!

No supercharger please.

I had a feeling you would push for the turbo lol.

But I have good reason for wanting to ditch the lag from the BW, and upping compression slightly:

^^While that isnt supercharged, and its an all motor LS3 stroker, I love the response in power and know that even with the cam, the turbo is going to hold my power-band back a little to the higher range. Hence I was considering the V2, which I can get cheap to the point I wont even say how much.

So frustrating...stupid LSx engines, make choices so difficult.
Old 01-17-14, 09:06 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Would keep turbo.. Super chargers have good response but they gas out when **** get fun... Turbo for the win
Old 01-17-14, 11:53 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Chris- Turbo setup on the LSx is the **** make load of power , and still spools that turbo like it was a 58mm turbo on the 2jz!!.
I am building on LY6 block 6.0, rods, pistons, and upgraded Valvetrain on LS3 heads since the LY6 comes with LS3 heads from the factory.
Those engines looooooooooves boost (turbo) .

I was thinking about using my 74mm (gt4202) with the biggest a/r I could find but My tuner told me to go with the 80-88 to make some power since i am going with a built motor.
I spend 10days searching on LSx forums and yeah i need a 80mm to make 1kwhp and it won't have no problem spooling that thing.

You have the right Turbo for that engine and setup S475 it is.

2jz makes 850-900whp on gt4202 when the LSx makes 770 -780 max and hondas make 1000-1100hp with that turbo.
So that 475 is perfect.
Turbo sounds better and you can control the boost better.

But either setup will be great as long as it's not staying NA lol .
Old 01-28-14, 07:21 AM
SCswapLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man. Great build. Your thread is one inspiration of my decision to build an LS SC. I have read the entire thread but cannot see where you mentioned to decide to dump the stock gauges. I am assuming you got rid of the ac to reduce your weight and parasitic power loss as the SC is now more of a competition vehicle. Also, when the ac was in the car did you convert to dedicated switches to get it operational?
Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread