Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-14, 05:56 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SCswapLS
Hey man. Great build. Your thread is one inspiration of my decision to build an LS SC. I have read the entire thread but cannot see where you mentioned to decide to dump the stock gauges. I am assuming you got rid of the ac to reduce your weight and parasitic power loss as the SC is now more of a competition vehicle. Also, when the ac was in the car did you convert to dedicated switches to get it operational?
Thanks

Thanks, and yeah I have left out quite a bit of info along the way. I never took the time to even look at making the A/C work, but after going over some wiring diagrams from GM to SC for another CL member, it can be done using the stock HVAC unit. The gauges was a spur of the moment kind of thing, and was led to the decision with the T56 being off by 6-9mph, which can be taken care of with HP Tuners, but Ive always wanted an aftermarket gauge setup.

As for now, the car is on hold. Still waiting on some parts for the turbo, and a couple small things for the cam, but my shop is keeping me busy at the moment. So for now, its just an n/a daily driver.
Old 01-29-14, 07:04 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanna wire it up for me. Lol. Thanks.
Old 01-30-14, 06:22 AM
UsedFish
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Care to share some info on using the stock hvac unit?
Old 01-30-14, 08:10 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jwin

Wanna wire it up for me. Lol. Thanks.
Let me finish building the AEM harness Im working on and see where Im at. How quick do you need it?

Originally Posted by UsedFish
Care to share some info on using the stock hvac unit?
Let me get some spare time at my shop, and Ill see if I can come up with a wiring diagram to use the HVAC controls with the GM compressor.
Old 01-30-14, 01:18 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Met Marquis who has his car at your shop. Great guy. Coming to see your shop soon.

Shane
Old 01-30-14, 05:31 PM
fmayi1101
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribed looks awesome.
Old 05-15-14, 06:42 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Well CL, I have changed things again. Sold 90% of the turbo setup, the S475 might be gone today, but looking at a higher compression, n/a throttle response monster vs. all out power. Looking at an ITB setup, 383 stroker, with aftermarket heads. This will still allow me to run plenums on the ITB's and possibly add a good sized Porcharger later on, D1SC or an F1SC.
Old 08-03-14, 03:17 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Its been a while, but car is now cammed after many debates and exchanges, finished off the 3.5" exhaust, some new ARP hardware, and a few other minor goodies. Will have new exhaust vids and track vids after the tune.

Up next is a TRD diff with 3.26 gears, 408ci stroker, built t56.
Old 08-03-14, 09:44 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Keep us updated. I might do this instead of a 1jz swap into an sc400
Old 08-06-14, 09:00 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Been fighting with it for a bit tonight, first start up with the cam in so car was still cold. Still need a few touches before taking it out for a spin. Will have a warm idle video once its all buttoned up and broken in, the cam will lope a bit harder once its warm and the idle drops. Also had the redline raised a bit, finished up the new exhaust so no more drone inside the car.
Old 08-08-14, 12:37 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Just took the car for a spin, and so far with the base mail order tune from TSP the afr's were spot on all the way to redline. Broke the drag radials loose a couple times even at 18psi while at speed. Car feels much better than before, now just needs a good LSD and new gears.

Going to a scale next week to get the car weighed and when time permits, going to the track just to see base improvements over my previous 12.9 pass with this crap 4.27 rear diff.
Old 09-08-14, 03:22 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Putting power mods on hold again, but finally got the chance to start on a new leg of the build:

The cuts were made Saturday, and finally got the time to weld the side inserts today and its looking a bit rough. Alot of work left to do, and alot has been done since this crappy pic was taken but on hold aside from a shot of primer on the welds/bare metal. More pics later on, been a long day.
Old 09-08-14, 04:01 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

That is a sick hood. I need one here in SA it gets so damn hot I feel terrible for my poor motor.
Old 09-08-14, 05:14 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by booshiba
That is a sick hood. I need one here in SA it gets so damn hot I feel terrible for my poor motor.
Thanks, and Im doing this for the same reason. The heat here in Houston has been horrible, and the last 2 or 3 weeks 65%+ humidity on top of it.
Old 09-08-14, 05:23 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

More pics of the hood, and a couple of the issue with this hood on the passenger side. Suggestions welcome, but moving the alternator isnt an option as it needs to be there to clear the future turbo hot side pipe work.

On the passenger side you can see the vent in the middle isnt welded and has no insert, and the cause is my alternator only having 1/4" of clearance...fail, I know. The hood is still very rough, have some trimming to do on the underside (not even going to embarrass myself with pics of it) before laying some fiberglass down. Also excuse the horns in the last pic (too lazy to remove my bumper..again..), but you can see where my alt sits. Only option right now I can think of is to ditch the power steering and relocate the alt to the ps pump location..my steering rack has a leak anyway, so it may save me some $$ and time just ditching the pump. But I cant move forward with the hood till I make a decision. Although heavily tempted to just leave it as is and weld it all up with the 1/4" opening..it still functions, and not a show car by any means so who cares right

Probably going to grab some resin and filler this weekend and get a majority of the work done before dropping back off at the body shop for finishing touches and repaint.

Oh and for those wondering, total cost as of right now is about $4 for the cheap can of black primer and a couple cutting wheels. The welder I have along with an abundance of welding wire which none is at any cost to me.

Quick Reply: SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread