Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-11, 10:15 PM
boosted4.6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why do guys do that ? "will not be sharing/disclosing at this time" Just say what your doing!!!! what does it matter!!! not trying to be an *** but i just dont get the whole "im hiding stuff til later"
anyhow.............thanks for the props on the 1350 flange conversion in the other thread! your getting super close! what did you end up doing for exhaust? I used Corvette C6 manifolds and im making 3in with an x pipe all the way back to top speed axel back.
Old 09-26-11, 10:44 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boosted4.6
why do guys do that ? "will not be sharing/disclosing at this time" Just say what your doing!!!! what does it matter!!! not trying to be an *** but i just dont get the whole "im hiding stuff til later"
anyhow.............thanks for the props on the 1350 flange conversion in the other thread! your getting super close! what did you end up doing for exhaust? I used Corvette C6 manifolds and im making 3in with an x pipe all the way back to top speed axel back.
I do it cause Im an ***..no but really, cause Im not 100% positive on the plan yet, and have 3 or 4 routes I am considering at the moment. And no need to thank me for the props, you saved me $$ better than Geico with the info on the f-body DS setup.

As for my exhaust, Im using Hooker shorty headers, but still debating if I want to run a full dual 3'' with an x-pipe. Or dual 3'' to a 3.75'' y-pipe single exit. I have been watching tons of exhaust videos, and really cant decide. I like the smooth tone from the dual to single LSx/FD's, but then again a good cammed T/A with 3'' duals and an X-pipe is just down right meaning business.

But for now seeing as I still have my old 3'' exhaust from when I was na-t, Im going to give it a shot with the y-pipe. I will go 3'' dual with no balance pipe to just before the rear subframe assembly, then the y-pipe and my old "ricer" exhaust. It had a good tone with the 2J, but if its too bad/raspy, Ill swap it for something or go to duals.
Old 09-27-11, 12:44 AM
boosted4.6
Pole Position

Interesting. Post vids when it fires up!
Old 09-27-11, 10:32 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by boosted4.6
Interesting. Post vids when it fires up!
Will do!! Its already been fired up once, and after that the starter failed...so never got a video. But when the new starter comes in, all the fluids will be topped off, and will actually get to idle and rev up..and my neighbors are going to hate it, cause its still on the open headers
Old 09-27-11, 04:27 PM
boosted4.6
Pole Position

I'm right behind you bro. Loose ends stuff from here on for me. I really want to go all out and do pbm coilovers, new lower control arms, bride seats, etc etc.
Old 09-28-11, 08:53 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I still say your going to beat me to it lol. Im considering coilovers more and more, but still need to do my brakes and get some supporting items for the cam. After I fire her up and let her idle for a good length of time, it will be down again and ECU sent to Frost tuning to clear any codes, delete rear o2's, VATS bypass, etc. etc.
Old 09-28-11, 02:31 PM
Strokergsr
Driver

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I still say your going to beat me to it lol. Im considering coilovers more and more, but still need to do my brakes and get some supporting items for the cam. After I fire her up and let her idle for a good length of time, it will be down again and ECU sent to Frost tuning to clear any codes, delete rear o2's, VATS bypass, etc. etc.
How much are they charging you for this Frost "tuning"?
Old 09-28-11, 04:25 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

^^sent you a pm with the link.

NEW starter is in!!! But just got off work after a very hot day, so may not get it in tonight.
Old 09-28-11, 05:14 PM
liasis35
Driver School Candidate

Hey there i joined this forum just to keep an eye on this and to say good work on trying something different.. Def make the SC a better car under the hood!! I am from Australia and started acquiring all the parts needed for me to get this done on my soarer. I owned a dark green 92 v8 model years ago and was one of the best cars i owned, i just purchased myself a 99 black on black SC300 just for this conversion. Once again Kudos to you and the others taking on this conversion!!

Regards

Dan
Old 09-28-11, 05:36 PM
SoarDaSC
Rookie

cant wait to see the end project.....keep us updated
Old 09-28-11, 08:58 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by liasis35
Hey there i joined this forum just to keep an eye on this and to say good work on trying something different.. Def make the SC a better car under the hood!! I am from Australia and started acquiring all the parts needed for me to get this done on my soarer. I owned a dark green 92 v8 model years ago and was one of the best cars i owned, i just purchased myself a 99 black on black SC300 just for this conversion. Once again Kudos to you and the others taking on this conversion!!

Regards

Dan
Thanks, if you have any questions feel free to ask. But I know you Aussies, you guys dont mess around, so Im sure you will build something spectacular! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Originally Posted by SoarDaSC
cant wait to see the end project.....keep us updated

Thanks, not much longer now. New starter is going in tomorrow along with the last bit of needed fluids. Hopefully it all holds together on the second start up, idle and rev.
Old 09-30-11, 10:37 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Well, I think my VATS system is still kicking on. Car started as normal, but only ran for 5-6sec...so no use for a video. Cheap VATS module isnt working right, so the ecu is getting sent out asap for the rear o2 delete, VATS removal, WOT tuning, and a handful of other things.

More updates to come.
Old 09-30-11, 11:08 AM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Well, I think my VATS system is still kicking on. Car started as normal, but only ran for 5-6sec...so no use for a video. Cheap VATS module isnt working right, so the ecu is getting sent out asap for the rear o2 delete, VATS removal, WOT tuning, and a handful of other things.

More updates to come.
HP Tuner!!!!! It's worth it
Old 09-30-11, 11:58 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE2
HP Tuner!!!!! It's worth it

I want it and will eventually get it, but the current working budget has been knocked down in order to purchase a house with a 3 car garage! So for now all the tuning will be handled by Frost. Ive read great things about his tuning, and its 1/4 the cost of HP Tuners..so for now it will have to suffice...but I will have my own soon cause its going to be an absolute must have item.
Old 09-30-11, 02:15 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

I want it and will eventually get it, but the current working budget has been knocked down in order to purchase a house with a 3 car garage! So for now all the tuning will be handled by Frost. Ive read great things about his tuning, and its 1/4 the cost of HP Tuners..so for now it will have to suffice...but I will have my own soon cause its going to be an absolute must have item.
good deal! GL with the house

Quick Reply: SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread