Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-11, 02:05 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stockhatch
This thread is so inspiring. It actually makes me consider strange new swaps, such as a Cummins diesel or something Can't wait to hear this thing light off man
I had actually considered a 12v Cummins, but decided it was a bit outrageous. But as soon as the LS is ready to fire up, I will have a video for everyone to enjoy

Originally Posted by Gimpster
You can get HPTuners second hand for 150-200 bucks if you hunt around with either the entire model year of ECU you have or 2 spare credits left. In fact I just sold a spare one I had w/2 credits left for $220 shipped.

The time will come when you want it, no rush.
I have come across a few, but at this time, its not really needed. But I am considering going E85, and with the other plans that are brewing, eventually its going to be a must have.
Old 01-13-11, 06:02 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You got a vendetta against rear tires much? Nice build!
Old 01-13-11, 09:21 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
You got a vendetta against rear tires much? Nice build!
Just a little Thanks.

Ok CL, I need some opinions...Slight dilemma with my original plan of keeping the LSX ecu under the hood and mount it next to the ABS pump. Well story short, the ecu is too big, dont want to delete ABS (Houston traffic is sketchy), and extending the harness will kick me back another 2 days behind schedule, which will put me a full 2 weeks behind my original schedule

So, take the time and extend the harness, find another place under the hood to mount the ecu that wont require extending, or.....
Old 01-13-11, 09:37 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well if you can find another place under the hood I would do that. But if you cant find a place just extend it man do it right.
Old 01-13-11, 09:46 AM
Sidesweep
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
well if you can find another place under the hood I would do that. But if you cant find a place just extend it man do it right.
+1, no expert on this but do it right the first time, regardless of when you originally planned on finishing. delays are bound to happen
Old 01-13-11, 09:47 AM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by turbodremz

... extending the harness will kick me back another 2 days behind schedule, which will put me a full 2 weeks behind my original schedule
Relax, in the big picture, if that's the worst you've got to worry about, you are still in fine shape!

( do it right, you'll be glad later)
Old 01-13-11, 10:47 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

I vote extend and put the ecu in the cabin.
Old 01-13-11, 10:52 AM
SCVIP300
Pole Position

Why dont you mount in on some isolators like the new 2010 camaro.... super easy to access and still safe, go to the dealer and check it out
Old 01-14-11, 08:38 PM
boosted4.6
Pole Position

Inside the cab will def be a cleaner install
Old 01-15-11, 12:04 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SCVIP300
Why dont you mount in on some isolators like the new 2010 camaro.... super easy to access and still safe, go to the dealer and check it out
That was the original plan, but the length (or lack of) on the LS harness near the ecu makes it difficult cause there is simply no room under the hood.

But I will be extending the harness starting today (saturday) and should have it done by tonight or early sunday morning. Going to grab supplies tomorrow and a few other things while I am out such as fluids, new oil filter, some zip ties, and if I can find it, a thin sheet of stainless steel to fab up some covers for the engine bay.
Old 01-17-11, 05:23 PM
Strokergsr
Driver

Awesome stuff! pm sent
Old 01-17-11, 07:58 PM
QwkSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really want to see this in person when it's all done. I might just go in this direction when it's time for a heart transplant.
Old 01-17-11, 08:05 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Ok, another semi-pointless update, but important nonetheless, the solution to the Hooker shorties lower flange hitting the DGR mount on the passenger side. This was a very simple solution, that didnt involve cutting the mount, but instead simply grinding down a small area on the header:

It is about a 2'' section that needed some material to come off (1/8'' worth of grinding) to clear the flange to allow the manifold to be installed.

Instead of that bulky 3-bolt flange. I would suggest V-Band clamps. They dont leak, no gasket to deal with and it uses a lot less space. Not to mention very easy to put on/take off.
Old 01-18-11, 08:45 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Strokergsr
Awesome stuff! pm sent
Thanks Stroker..pm replied, just let me know when you would like to come and check it out

Originally Posted by QwkSC
I really want to see this in person when it's all done. I might just go in this direction when it's time for a heart transplant.
If your in the neighborhood, your more than welcome to check it out anytime. I still have some things to finish up, but the start-up date is getting closer.

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
Instead of that bulky 3-bolt flange. I would suggest V-Band clamps. They dont leak, no gasket to deal with and it uses a lot less space. Not to mention very easy to put on/take off.
I had thought about V-Band, but I think what Im going to end up doing, is just ditching that flange all together, and just going with a 3'' 90* bend right off the header collector, then adding a flange about 8-12'' farther back. But I will be worrying about the exhaust details after the car is started and moving..so for now, open headers and upset neighbors
Old 01-24-11, 04:35 PM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

is this thing ready to go drift yet?????

Quick Reply: SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread