Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Chin's build thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-10, 07:10 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice! where do you stay in GA? my car's been under wraps for awhile. doing a full audio build right now. can't wait to see this ride out and about. see you around!
Old 12-11-10, 07:17 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Chin
Thanks & my apologies for buying all the parts you're trying to buy..
haha no its all good...just means we both have good taste

i can think of atleast 3 parts you beat me to, but you beat me to them fair and squarely not like you under cut me or something just means i will have to troll the classifieds harder

you car is gonna be really nice when completed, maybe next time im in GA i'll come by and meet you and collect my parts
Old 12-11-10, 09:32 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice and rare combo!! Good choice with the L-Sportline/L-Tuned combo as well. Can't wait to see how it turns out. We should be having a meet soon in the Atlanta area, but maybe not until this cold spell is over, heheh.
Old 12-13-10, 08:45 PM
Dueces
Driver

Thanks. If there's nothing where you live, you need to show them the way!
I intend to, definitely.
Old 12-13-10, 09:00 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Boi
That thing is sooooo clean, and perfect color combo, i need to see pics of this interior!!!
Car is dirty, but I uploaded a couple of pics...
Originally Posted by prime813
i really like the exhaust
Thanks, me too...

Originally Posted by carbongs
very nice! where do you stay in GA? my car's been under wraps for awhile. doing a full audio build right now. can't wait to see this ride out and about. see you around!
I live in Atlanta (Buckhead), but I pretty much all over ATL on a daily basis.

Originally Posted by sakataj
haha no its all good...just means we both have good taste

i can think of atleast 3 parts you beat me to, but you beat me to them fair and squarely not like you under cut me or something just means i will have to troll the classifieds harder

you car is gonna be really nice when completed, maybe next time im in GA i'll come by and meet you and collect my parts
I'll be here...

Originally Posted by veritek
Nice and rare combo!! Good choice with the L-Sportline/L-Tuned combo as well. Can't wait to see how it turns out. We should be having a meet soon in the Atlanta area, but maybe not until this cold spell is over, heheh.
Let me know man, I definitely want to come check out all the ATL cars...
Old 12-13-10, 09:01 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the progress on the swap. When are you planing on doing the swap?
Old 12-13-10, 09:11 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

I wanted to start my audio install today, but everywhere I went to get my wiring didn't have the right stuff, so I may just have to mail-order my wiring and put off the install by a few days. Any of you GA boys know a good mom & pop shop where I can pick up some wiring for a fair price?

I bought some headlights from the classifieds, I always wanted to do a retro, but I didn't plan on touching my SportDesign headlights. Seller only wanted 100.00 for the pair, they need to be buffed out a little, but should turn out nicely. Not sure what projectors I am going to use yet, I'll play it by air. I want to do something different though, we'll see...

I bought some spacers for the crossbar that sits under the Tanabe Y-Pipe. Since the Tanabe exhaust is larger in diameter than factory, it was basically sitting on the cross bar. Bought a couple spacers and longer bolts and now I have enough clearance (no rattles over bumps).

Old 12-13-10, 09:28 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really really want your interior!
Old 12-14-10, 09:38 AM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Car looks great! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the progress on the swap. When are you planing on doing the swap?
Well, my plans were to have the entire car finished and make the swap the last piece of the puzzle. I am due for a major service real soon (timing belt, seals, water pump...) and I told myself that I am not going to do that service only to swap the engine shortly after that. I would rather use that money for the swap. So we'll see... I also have to buy another car for my wife. I really don't want her driving the car at all after the major mods get installed such as wheels & suspension because she will definitely curb a wheel or damage something...

Originally Posted by Mv350
I really really want your interior!
Give me 5k and it's yours... I'll even install it for you

Headlights fresh out of the oven. There are enough write up's on here regarding retro's, so I wont do another one. The only tip I can add is that when you start pulling the lens away from the headlight housing and the glue starts to stretch like melted cheese, keep a razor blade or something handy to cut away the glue so it does not land on the bezel. It helped for me...

Old 12-14-10, 09:53 AM
esolo98
Advanced

Love your interior, cant wait to see the progress pictures.
Old 12-14-10, 05:21 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Beaautiful car mate. The yellow hazing on the headlamps that you've just pulled apart, is it inside or outside of the lens?
Old 12-14-10, 06:36 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

beautiful car and lovin the interior
Old 12-15-10, 01:57 PM
Jrezo
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice, Cant wait to see more.

Is that the lexus saddle interior couch back there?

Well, my plans were to have the entire car finished and make the swap the last piece of the puzzle. I am due for a major service real soon (timing belt, seals, water pump...) and I told myself that I am not going to do that service only to swap the engine shortly after that. I would rather use that money for the swap. So we'll see... I also have to buy another car for my wife. I really don't want her driving the car at all after the major mods get installed such as wheels & suspension because she will definitely curb a wheel or damage something...

Give me 5k and it's yours... I'll even install it for you

Headlights fresh out of the oven. There are enough write up's on here regarding retro's, so I wont do another one. The only tip I can add is that when you start pulling the lens away from the headlight housing and the glue starts to stretch like melted cheese, keep a razor blade or something handy to cut away the glue so it does not land on the bezel. It helped for me...

Old 12-17-10, 04:32 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by esolo98
Love your interior, cant wait to see the progress pictures.
Thank you. Progress is slow, but it's coming.

Originally Posted by BLK13X
Beaautiful car mate. The yellow hazing on the headlamps that you've just pulled apart, is it inside or outside of the lens?
I'm nearly 100% sure it's the outside only, but I haven't really spent much time looking at the lenses yet since I don't have all the parts for the retro yet.

Originally Posted by AsGs300
beautiful car and lovin the interior
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Jrezo
Nice, Cant wait to see more.

Me too...

Is that the lexus saddle interior couch back there?
You've got a good eye... It's actually a bench seat for the dining table. No chairs at our dining table, just 2 long benches. They color is pretty close, never realized that before...

Frustrating week... my painter was mysteriously sick all week, so my aero parts just sat in primer for the last 7 days. I finally had enough and told him I'll be stopping by to pick up the parts even if they were not finished. Amazingly he felt better and is supposedly painting them as we speak.

Drove around all of Atlanta trying to get my stereo wiring (zero gauge, interconnects, fuse & distribution block...) Only 1 place had them in stock and they were basically charging full retail. I try to support mom & pop shops because my first real job was at a mom & pop shop but it's hard paying a mom & pop almost double when you can get the same thing on the net if you just wait a few days. That's why I miss NY sometimes. NY you could get anything for just a few points over cost if you know where to go.

So almost my entire interior is apart and I can't do anything. I wanted to get all the wiring run this week so I could close up most of the interior and start building my box and amp rack. Oh well... maybe next week.

The only good thing that happened car wise this week was that I found some Mercedes projector fog lights that have been sitting in my garage for about 10 years (off of an old SL600). I always knew I was going to use them someday for something. I wonder if they will work as high beams? This will be my first retro so we'll see... I may just end up selling them because they retail for like 200.00 a piece. If I would have known that, they would have been sold years ago!

Old 12-17-10, 06:36 PM
ptoe
Driver School Candidate

wow man, looks effing goood!!

Quick Reply: Chin's build thread