Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Lexus Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-10, 08:37 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 101 Likes on 55 Posts
Default GS300 Build - UPDATED Jan 20th, 2011

Since I'll be adding numerous items to the Lexus for the build. I figure I would create one post for all this and to keep it organized and just as a progress update for me to track, let's start off with the car shall we.

Picked up the car as you know after I blew the top end off my SVT Focus. It took about 2-3 months searching for what Lexus I was going to pick up as I originally wanted a Volvo with Turbo . I quickly realized that I wanted my modding to go in a different direction. Now I started to look at the Asian market and saw what the Bippu scene was doing and it was pretty trick, but not for me. Then you have the dubberz... never been a fan. Then you have the VIP cars, I was searching for a 2nd gen LS400 and couldn't find one that suited the needs I had even though I found a black 1st gen LS400 that was way over priced. I finally narrowed it down to a GS300 (2JZ-GE NA Supra engine) or GS400/430 with the V8. Since finding a V8 was near impossible and questionable history's I opted to get a clean GS300 that you see now. This is where it all begins!!

2001 GS300 with low k's and a great maintenance record, bone stock and still a virgin.

First thing I sought at sorting out was the audio as that will keep me happier longer than not having rims and other bits. I opted to have the boys out at Soundsgood put everything together and they did a ok job. Unlikely that I would recommend anyone there down the road. Anyways, here is what I had installed.

Keep posted to see what else I have planned

Parts list

-Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD
-Focal 170 V fronts
-Rears stock for now
-Pioneer GM-D8500M Mono
-JL Sub 8inch
-Rear Facing Camera
-Pioneer CD-BTB200 (bluetooth)

Pioneer 4200 head unit

JL 8 in. Sub with a sealed enclosure, powered by a digital pioneer amp pushing 1200RMS

Rear facing camera and will at one point add the parking sensors

Now, I was at a point that I was spending a fair amount on the car and I opted to slow down and pick up little things and catch up before I got over myself. So, I picked up the little things that you notice and require at times.

-Lexus Cargo Net
-JDM Window Visors... Love'em
-Flipkey with FOB w/laser cut
-Rear Roof Spoiler.... just because!
-PIAA 168 Wedge parking light replacement

Then of course you have winter fast approaching and I wanted to ensure that I was ready for that prior to it getting cold and having to deal with asshats getting tires at the last minute reducing my selection for the La Nina winter. So, I picked up some Pirelli Winter Craving Edge with some steelies.

215/60-16 and not the one below

Now, I needed to replace something on the vehicle before I took ownership of the car and I attempted to get that part of the deal, but I was already getting a great deal on a car and I didn't argue it. So, I sent a few correspondence to the folks over at US Autotech and picked up the following parts.

-Akenbono pads Front and rear
-Stoptech Stainless steel lines
-Stoptech Rotors
-Motul Dot 5.1 fluid picked up locally

I am still waiting for some other parts in the mail and again waiting to also have my cash flow pick up again so I can continue this stream of parts. I will have to say that this is only what I am doing this year and have to plan out how I want the other bits to be sorted. I'll continue to add to this post which also saves me from spreading it all over. I'll also bust out the L lens quality pics when I finalize how I want the car to look, iPhone 5MP pics for now as I do apologize for the less than normally stellar photos.

Last edited by Measured; 01-20-11 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-26-10, 09:17 PM
982jzge805
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I get a flip key made, for my 98 GS300?

Lemme, know.

Thanks
Old 10-26-10, 10:34 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good so far can never go wrong with silver
Old 10-27-10, 08:34 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

get ready to start emptying your wallet....oh wait you already started. lol
Old 10-27-10, 09:39 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Damn i missed those times. Lol
Old 10-27-10, 11:42 AM
Measured
Advanced

@982jzge805 - you can get these keys on Ebay for cheap and you just need to sort getting it cut locally. For me it cost about 50 cnd to get everything sorted including the laser cutting, I ordered 2 of these and I am glad I did as I broke the first as the spring didn't fit correctly the first time putting it back.

@sakataj I am so used to that by now. I am just glad I have a reliable platform to build on and not have to constantly fix my car. Granted I did race my previous vehicle so parts get replaced a lot quicker.

I am sorting out what I want for suspension and don't generally like to make short cuts. I need to get my hands on coils, sway bars, and bushings. That'll be for next year as winter is fast approaching and I don't want to be lowered during that time. I have a set a rims that I might put on that a buddy has lined up for me, but I am not totally digging the style. If I recall they should look like this

Old 10-27-10, 12:37 PM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very clean car. You're quick with the mods!

However, DOT 5.1 brake fluid, I'm not sure we're supposed to use that in our cars. I would go DOT4 or 5. I may be mistaken, but double check just in case.
Old 10-27-10, 12:39 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

awesome build and glad your not taking any shortcuts haha
Old 10-27-10, 12:47 PM
RLGS300
Lead Lap

coming along nicely and quickly
Old 10-27-10, 06:20 PM
Measured
Advanced

Dot 5.1 is recommened according to this site unless anyone mentions otherwise. Thanks to all for the kind words. The modding will come to a slow crawl until the new year. I need to take a break and I actually thought I was going slow
Old 10-27-10, 06:40 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Coming along nicely.

Those winter tires with studs are all business! Wow!
Old 10-27-10, 07:46 PM
toyotero
Rookie

Nice! Those wheels are sick.
Old 10-28-10, 06:49 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job so far!
Old 10-28-10, 08:26 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Lexus and especially, the GS family.
Old 10-28-10, 08:48 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by veritek
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Lexus and especially, the GS family.
ditto! can't wait to see where you take this build

Quick Reply: Lexus Build Thread