Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

94 Lexus Ls400 Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-10, 04:09 PM
MiamiLs400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Lexus Ls400 Project

i just got a 1994 Lexus ls400 for 300 bucks got into a hit in the front im thinking on getting a turbo kit for it but not sure how the engine will hold up it has 110,000 miles on it and it sounds really good the only thing is when i start it up the temperture gauge starts to climb to hot and i know its not hot because i checked the rad and hoses and the engine is cold i can put my hands on the intake and all would like to know why ??? but anyways trying to make something big out this project but getting parts for it is a mission at times anyways here some pictures

Old 10-27-10, 09:55 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

Man, that is nice for $300. It's a nice project if you have the time and money. (parts are EXPENSIVE) With only 110K on it it has a long life left as long as you maintain it. About your temp gauge, 1: there's no coolant in your overflow tank, 2: there's no cap on it either. So you have NO pressure at all which will make the gauge go up almost instantly. It might have leaked during the accident b/c it looks like the fans are pushed into the radiator. If it's been driven empty I would worry about those heads being warped. Anyway, it's well worth $300, even if it's for parts. Good find. Do you know the previous owner? Do you have maintanence records?
Old 10-27-10, 10:18 AM
lexuslspro
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the drive train is in great shape you could triple your money spent!
Old 10-28-10, 04:16 PM
StevieA
Pole Position

$300 bucks man wouldn't I love to have that to burn around and abuse on our old woods roads - I'd be sideways all day
Old 11-10-10, 06:10 AM
MiamiLs400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by deanshark
Man, that is nice for $300. It's a nice project if you have the time and money. (parts are EXPENSIVE) With only 110K on it it has a long life left as long as you maintain it. About your temp gauge, 1: there's no coolant in your overflow tank, 2: there's no cap on it either. So you have NO pressure at all which will make the gauge go up almost instantly. It might have leaked during the accident b/c it looks like the fans are pushed into the radiator. If it's been driven empty I would worry about those heads being warped. Anyway, it's well worth $300, even if it's for parts. Good find. Do you know the previous owner? Do you have maintanence records?
yes it was push back i clear it all out i changed the rad and i started it up man this engine runs smooth i had a is300 and i can say they are close but you are right in the picture it was empty i fulled everything up but when i start as a first crank before the engine is on the temp says its half between hot and cold and when i start about five mins after it climbs to hot i was thinking maybe a sensor maybe ??
Old 11-10-10, 06:11 AM
MiamiLs400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexuslspro
If the drive train is in great shape you could triple your money spent!
i know right i love it i just bought a drive shaft from the junk yard for 30 bucks also lol put it in and drove it around the block and everything is good to go
Old 11-10-10, 06:12 AM
MiamiLs400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by StevieA
$300 bucks man wouldn't I love to have that to burn around and abuse on our old woods roads - I'd be sideways all day
lol i know what you mean
Old 11-10-10, 06:14 AM
MiamiLs400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MiamiLs400
yes it was push back i clear it all out i changed the rad and i started it up man this engine runs smooth i had a is300 and i can say they are close but you are right in the picture it was empty i fulled everything up but when i start as a first crank before the engine is on the temp says its half between hot and cold and when i start about five mins after it climbs to hot i was thinking maybe a sensor maybe ??
oh yeah i got the cap also forgot to say that