Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My super progress/build thread

Old 08-10-11, 08:37 PM
SCDanny
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya this thing actually does really well. And this season i got rid of enough weight that i actually wanted more traction so i ditched the rear sway bar, raised the car an inch and softened the coilovers. Feels the same just faster in the corners.
Old 08-10-11, 08:56 PM
poorsupra
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet build man! makes me wanna 5 speed swap my 1uz and do some work

quick question for you, how do you like the welded diff? how long before axles and wheel bearings go out?
Old 08-10-11, 09:37 PM
Josh400
Driver

Dude your car has really come along way. Big props for really going all out on building that car. Awsome video! Lucky you guys didn't get tickets lol best of luck to you
Old 08-11-11, 11:48 AM
SCDanny
Rookie

The welded diff is cool. Ive had the same one for around 3 1/2 years. Thats daily driving, long trips and drift days. Ive never had a good lsd tho so I dont have much to compare it to, but I am worried about how its going to hold up to more power.

Ive never broken an axle but i have gone through several wheel bearings. But it was just one side and it happend a few times within a year. I think the place i was having press them in may have been doing it wrong? I dont know but i havent had one go out for like a year now so i think its good lol.
Old 08-11-11, 06:29 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCDanny
Ya Terry told me there was another SC there. I was bummed to see you had left by the time i got there. You should go to the Rockford Speedway on the 21st. Its like $60 bucks to drive but theres a lot more people and free NOS!!!
As for my next mods, i want to send my knuckles to Alex Pfeiffer so he can cut and reweld them, and get some tie rods. I need more angle badly! Also now that my motor is ready for NA-T I should be takin care of that over the winter.
Yeah I really want to go but sadly ill be at school. But im trying my hardest to make it to clubfr's dday38 on the 4th if you're going to that. Keep up the good work and keep postin progress! lol
Old 11-21-14, 12:56 PM
SCDanny
Rookie

Back from the dead with good reason!

Things got a little rough a few years back and I was forced to sell the car. Worst thing I have ever had to do. After I sold it I was driving an E30 vert for a while. And it left me like this rather often...

Then for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to get another BMW. This time it went much better. E36 M3.

I actually really liked this car. I even did a short film with it. We shut down several roads in my home town and did lots of crazy driving. Total dream come true! This film has yet to be released but I will post it in here when its finished!
Old 11-21-14, 01:22 PM
SCDanny
Rookie

This video is from just a few days before I had to sell her. Im pretty sure the new owner was riding with me lol.

Two years went by without my Lexus, and I honestly thought about that car every day. Then one day while surfing the forums, the unthinkable happened. The guy that bought my car posted it up for sale or trade. I shot him and email and we met up later that week...

He had painted the car and did a 1j swap but he didn't like driving the car. Its loud, hot and uncomfortable. He wanted a more streetable car. My M3 still had heat, A/C, radio, and no cage. He loved it, and I wanted my SC back more than anything so the trade happened!
Back at home where she belongs.

Old 11-21-14, 01:38 PM
SCDanny
Rookie

Two days after I brought her home I took her to the track to see how the new found power feels

I did break a few things but nothing major. Over all the car feels just like I remember, just a bit more power.

Then I was asked to drive with a few buddies at an event called Final Bout. We made a few last minute changes to make the cars look slightly more like team cars and got a little practice in.

Then we hit the road for Final Bout!

Found a few friends at the track

Old 11-21-14, 01:48 PM
SCDanny
Rookie

And here is where the car sits now. Lots of work to do over the winter. Angle mods, suspension work, single turbo, paint . . . . SPONSOR HUNTING!

And here is my new daily.

Old 11-21-14, 11:53 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

that is a story to tell your grand kids lol, awesome that you got your car back, can't wait to see this build go on
Old 11-22-14, 11:53 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

I know the feeling I sold my SC and missed it so much I tried to buy it back but my buddy would not let it go. So I got me another one. Yeah the SC can be very addictive.
You are sure having fun with the car, nice driving skills. What a way to represent the SC.
Old 03-30-16, 07:04 PM
SCDanny
Rookie

Been a while since I've updated this. Im just going to toss up a bunch of pictures cuz they are way cooler than talking

Old 03-31-16, 07:11 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

this is awesome, looking forward to more on this build.
Old 03-31-16, 06:32 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thats awesome and good to hear!! cant wait to see what your going to do to it next.
Old 04-01-16, 01:11 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Nice build bro!

That's awesome you were able to get your car back!

I just found this build thread and I've got drift goals with my 5 speed.. I thought i had to go NA-t to slide around, you proved that wrong.. I might throw the engine in it pre-turbo now just to have some fun.

Checked out the Youtube videos and good drifting. Staying tuned in for more!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My super progress/build thread