Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

MIKU*SC3s Build Tread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-13, 06:26 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am also digging the Miata. I love those wheels. Thanks for keeping up updated on the build.
Old 06-09-13, 07:07 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
Looks like we've been up to the same things. I just pulled the motor and trans this morning along with the dash, and whole HVAC unit, that thing is a PITA to get out. Can't wait to see what other plans you have in store for it.

BTW I'm diggin the Miata
Oh wtf?! That is pretty weird that were doing the same thing!! So you gonna go full drift car status on it? Im just making mine a streetable drift car. Probably put a small cage and some buckets, just plan on leaving all speakers, dash, center console, headliner and door panels.

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I am also digging the Miata. I love those wheels. Thanks for keeping up updated on the build.
Thanks man, im not on here as much as before because i need to fix my comp. lol
Old 06-21-13, 12:35 PM
Vintage91
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still in for the single conversion! I'm about 1 week away from first startup with my BW S200SX "7670" on my 1JZ. I didn't opt for the ported compressor housing, like you, though. Was hoping you'd have some impressions by now!

How's the performance side of the project coming along?
Old 06-23-13, 12:54 PM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MIKU*SC3
haha yeah i pulled my front fenders a little bit more since then.

Most recent photo.

Looks good man...always liked the green SCs. What roof spoiler is that the Megan or Origin?
Old 07-28-13, 10:00 AM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vintage91

Still in for the single conversion! I'm about 1 week away from first startup with my BW S200SX "7670" on my 1JZ. I didn't opt for the ported compressor housing, like you, though. Was hoping you'd have some impressions by now!

How's the performance side of the project coming along?
Nice man hope to see good numbers on yours. What exhaust AR did you go with? And yeah its being a really slow build now, i wanna put the turbo on but im patiently waiting to get my clutch first.... haha I did just get a greddy / hks oil cooler and oil filter relocation kit though. As well as a power steering cooler.

Originally Posted by MrCJ305
Looks good man...always liked the green SCs. What roof spoiler is that the Megan or Origin?
Thanks, its a origin that badly needs to be repainted. haha
Old 07-28-13, 05:23 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Just another nice SC representing on here.
Old 07-29-13, 05:52 AM
Vintage91
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MIKU*SC3
Nice man hope to see good numbers on yours. What exhaust AR did you go with? And yeah its being a really slow build now, i wanna put the turbo on but im patiently waiting to get my clutch first.... haha I did just get a greddy / hks oil cooler and oil filter relocation kit though. As well as a power steering cooler.
Well don't go rushing things, do it right the first time!

I have the 1.22 A/R Turbine housing. I port/gasket matched the turbine flange holes to match up with my T4 exhaust flange. It's all running now, and it's fantastic. Still lots to tune and tweak with, but it IS in a 'fun driveable' state, despite running stupid rich. Like STUPID. It's a true twin scroll setup with divided flanges on the manifold as well, and I'm running two Tial MVS wastegates (no screamer pipes).

Spool is great, sound is awesome, the acceleration past 3000RPM is just silly, and I'm going to need a built trans sooner than later!
Using an SAFC2, 550cc inj w/ resistor block. Can't pull enough fuel with the SAFC. Ran a 13.0 @ 109.5MPH in the 1/4 with it, largely untuned, lotsa black smoke....better than too lean I suppose. Once it's running properly with more boost and proper fueling I hope to see some easy very low 12's. I'm not going crazy here.

Love the turbo. So will you!
Old 08-03-13, 12:49 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vintage91
Well don't go rushing things, do it right the first time!

I have the 1.22 A/R Turbine housing. I port/gasket matched the turbine flange holes to match up with my T4 exhaust flange. It's all running now, and it's fantastic. Still lots to tune and tweak with, but it IS in a 'fun driveable' state, despite running stupid rich. Like STUPID. It's a true twin scroll setup with divided flanges on the manifold as well, and I'm running two Tial MVS wastegates (no screamer pipes).

Spool is great, sound is awesome, the acceleration past 3000RPM is just silly, and I'm going to need a built trans sooner than later!
Using an SAFC2, 550cc inj w/ resistor block. Can't pull enough fuel with the SAFC. Ran a 13.0 @ 109.5MPH in the 1/4 with it, largely untuned, lotsa black smoke....better than too lean I suppose. Once it's running properly with more boost and proper fueling I hope to see some easy very low 12's. I'm not going crazy here.

Love the turbo. So will you!

Sweet, im looking forward to running it!!!

Heres some pics of the power steering cooler installed and the oil cooler that i still need to be installed. Oh yeah i got new silver badges too!!!

Last edited by MIKU*SC3; 09-01-13 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-27-13, 04:48 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

So a little update, I dry iced most of the insulation. Well except for the one over the trans tunnel. lol I know that **** will get hot. Does anyone know any way to take the tar off to make it look a little cleaner?? All i did was scrub with some soapy water to clean the inside up a little bit.

So here is some pics for you guys. Oh and I really need a new seat...... haha

Old 02-14-14, 06:23 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Hey everyone, its been quite a while since ive been on here. I do have some updates on the build.

I finnaly got my orc carbon twin disc in and its awesome!! I also got my rear main replaced. I just scored rebuilt rear supra calipers with new pads rotors and stainless lines for $500. Got a new driver side e brake cable because i replaced my rear hub assembly with a supra one that came with the shorter supra e brake cable.

Also a few days ago i think one of my twins blew on me, so im only running 6psi atm. So that means i can finnaly put my turbo in!! Lol. Its been a long wait. Any advise on where to get a 1jz exhaust manifold gasket?
Old 02-15-14, 01:51 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

And i also got tan supra tt seats.
Old 02-27-14, 08:24 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

I just got my G2 caliper paint kit in. Gonna paint the front and rear supras gloss black. I also got silver caliper stickers for the front and rear. Cant wait to see how it turns out!!
Old 05-14-14, 06:42 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Hi all little life update, i quit my old job at lexus and I got a new job at Toyota of Surprise which is pretty sweet.!! lol I also got a D7000 of craigslist for $500, so that means i can finally start taking some pictures again. Anyways I ditched the tan mk4 seats for a super clean set of black mk4 supra seats that i got for $320 local!! I also got some pics of the rear supra brakes. Sadly i havent been driving the car all that much now days though. I need front tires and i just have no time to get them. lol

I also picked up hks 264 camshafts with gears a few weeks ago. Ill post some pics later.
Old 05-14-14, 06:44 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Old 07-31-14, 10:54 AM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Ok so another update here. My buddy needed 1jz twins because his friend from canada blew his on the way down here. So it gave me a good reason to put my single on! Took out the twins that were a pain in the ***, just like everyone says. lol And got some new exhaust studs and bolts. ****ty thing is that the manifold i bought a while ago wasnt clearing my motor mount bracket, the wastegate dump portion was hitting. Im guessing that it was made for a mk3 supra 1jz swap. So because it would cost way too much to get a new manifold or to re weld a dump i had to bend it a little with my heat gun, hammer and some finesse. haha
ill post some pics tomorrow of the progress!!!

Quick Reply: MIKU*SC3s Build Tread