Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)

Old 08-27-15, 08:02 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Got the seats today after a slight boondoggle of them being shipped to the wrong address. None the less, I have them and the brackets. I unwrapped them quick just to check em out. I think they look great. I sat in one and it felt perfect. Very comfy, bolsters on the bottom part aren't over sized so they're easy to get in/out of. The side bolsters for the upper torso area are a great fit, not too snug, but not overly loose either. Also I was pleasantly surprised to find out the reclining uses a lever. I thought I'd have to deal with a dial like on the Evo 8 seats. The lever will make for much easier/quicker reclining when taking the kid in and out of the back seat. You'll also notice I paid the extra couple bucks for the upgraded dual slider brackets rather than the single slider.

Hope to get at least one of them installed over the next couple weeks!

Old 08-27-15, 09:47 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Halon
Operation redo interior is underway. Most of this will get done over the winter, but I've started a couple little things as well as started accumulating parts. Basically I'll be redoing the interior to either black, or a black / brown combo (kinda like seen in some bimmers). And as previously mentioned, will also be fitting in some different (lighter) front seats.

So far I've purchased and installed new black floor mats, black armrest, and black rear view mirror. I purchased new interior door panels since mine are not in good shape. Anything that is broken I'm buying replacements. Otherwise I'm just going to try dying the rest with SEM.

Car is looking very nice! Did you decide on which combo you are going with for the interior?

Also love your new Corbeau seats.

I went with a black/tan combo using OEM black parts except for the dash which I had painted. I also went with TT Supra seats.

Old 08-28-15, 06:08 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Your interior looks immaculate. I do have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do. Similar to yours with the black and tan, except rather than tan I'm going to do more of a rich brown. So kind of like you see in some bimmers. There will be a lot more black than brown, and my seats are obviously black where yours are still tan.

So kind of a toned down version of this is my goal.

http://images.dealerrevs.com/gallery...hp?id=61847553

BTW - you're care in general is gorgeous. Good work!

Last edited by Halon; 08-28-15 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-28-15, 08:18 AM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you! That interior is going to look really nice when all done with that color combo!

Good choice Halon!
Old 08-31-15, 07:02 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Passenger side is in!

So I had read about how bad a lot of these seat brackets were, so I was expecting install to be a little bit of a PITA. Well I was wrong, the Corbeau brackets fit perfect. 4 bolt holes to attach to the seat lined up perfect. The 5 holes that go to the stock location lined up perfect as well. Install was an absolute breeze!

I also busted out our highly inaccurate bathroom scale. I weighed the stock passenger seat at 56.5lbs. I weighed the replacement seat at 29lbs and the bracket at 11.5lbs. Not quite the weight difference I expected, but again this is my chinese bathroom scale. I also predict the stock drivers side seat will be heavier and be a more significant weight savings.

The seats fit in the car great, feel comfy, a hair more difficult to get in/out because of the torso bolsters but really not that bad. Overall very good first impressions, couldn't be more satisfied.

Only negative things are that the seat belt clip sits a little high, but whatever I'm sure they have it like that to clear the worst case scenario seat with super high bottom bolsters. And also it takes a little bit away from the sleeper-ness of the car, but that's kinda to be expected.

Bosses stamp of approval. Pregger Wife even said it felt snug yet comfy, and she's packing an extra person right where those bolsters are!

Old 08-31-15, 07:14 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Which brackets did you go with......those look very similar to wedge engineering ones.....

Also a little point is to cut down the seat belt mounting tab....I ended up taking about 3 inches off mine and drilled a new hole for the bolt.....makes it alot better and doesnt sit as high...

Which I thought was weird when I first got the brackets of how high the mounting point for the seat belt is....
Old 08-31-15, 07:27 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

They are Corbeau brackets and sliders. They cost 105 each, and i paid an extra 20 for the double locking sliders. I could cut the tab down for the buckle, but maybe another time. Right now I'm just going to run it as is.

My asumption is that this is a standard bracket that can be used for any of their seats, so it was probably designed for the worst case scenario seat with super high bolsters on the bottom that the buckle would have to clear.

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Which brackets did you go with......those look very similar to wedge engineering ones.....

Also a little point is to cut down the seat belt mounting tab....I ended up taking about 3 inches off mine and drilled a new hole for the bolt.....makes it alot better and doesnt sit as high...

Which I thought was weird when I first got the brackets of how high the mounting point for the seat belt is....
Old 08-31-15, 07:43 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

I agree man....

My sparco fighter have really high bolsters and the seat belt buckle sat up about 3" higher than the seat...it looked stupid...

Yours doesnt seem to be as bad.....

Are you planning on running harnesses......I will be installing my 4pt harnesses tomorrow.....
Old 09-01-15, 05:56 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Probably not going to run harnesses, just stick with stock belts. Where are you going to anchor yours?
Old 09-01-15, 06:29 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Probably not going to run harnesses, just stick with stock belts. Where are you going to anchor yours?
Using rear seat belt mount bolts...similar to how this is done....

Name:  tak4.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  71.9 KB
Old 09-01-15, 08:09 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Gotcha. I want to still use my back seats so probably wouldn't be a good option for me.
Old 09-01-15, 08:15 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Gotcha. I want to still use my back seats so probably wouldn't be a good option for me.
Yea I hear you....my seats are fixed buckets so backseats are useless......you can barely fit with the seats slide all the way up....
Old 09-01-15, 08:25 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Notice the baby seat in the back of mine
Old 09-03-15, 06:27 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Drivers side is in! Drivers stock seat weight a bit more, 68.5lbs. New seat was the same weight of about 40lbs with brackets. So 28lbs savings, plus 16lbs savings on passenger side, total of roughly 42lbs. Not as much as I had expected, but still a nice weigh loss. And I think I'm going to like these seats better than stock, win win!

Here's some pics. I'm glad this car has the auto steering wheel retract when you turn it off since you do have to lean forward a little more to get in/out. Makes it an absolute non-issue.

Old 09-10-15, 12:41 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Lets see how she runs at the track this weekend! Also maiden 'tow' voyage with the D-RT, so we'll see how it does as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)