Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-15, 04:28 AM
95SC3T
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats man. nice numbers too. keep up all the awesome work.
Old 05-21-15, 10:59 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

impressive, keep up the good work nothing like a tune done right.
Old 05-21-15, 09:21 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks guys. Feels good to have it running well and know its not running on the edge. Car feels great, lots of fun! However Id be lying if i said theres not a part of me that is anxious to crank it up further. Must resist and just enjoy it as is for now :-)
Old 05-26-15, 08:28 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome results
Old 05-27-15, 10:31 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Ordered up a pair of NT05R's 275/45/17 for the rear to help with traction. I also have an MS3 knock module Im going to solder in for knock control as currently I have no knock control. I also installed a 14point7 Spartan WBO2 to replace my other one.

Other than that, im feeling real good about the setup. So i may start moving to the interior work. Plan is to convert it to either black, or some kind of brown/black like you might see in a Bimmer. Replace the heavy front seats with something lighter but still comfy. Maybe evo8 seats, or RSX, RX8, 4G eclipse, just some seats that are nice, lighter, but still comfy.
Old 05-29-15, 02:39 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Need to get these babies mounted asap!

Old 05-29-15, 05:11 PM
95SC3T
Pole Position

let us know how those hold up. I know there was a thread on supraforums were people were claiming to have really good luck with Toyo Proxes R888's.
Old 05-29-15, 06:47 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

I read that as well and almost went with them. However I believe R888's are more like the Nitto NT01's. They are the R-compound I believe, but are stiffer side walled so they are built more for handling than for straight line. Which I mean they may still have enough forward grip for my power level, and may have been a better option. But these ones have slightly softer sidewalls and are better for forward traction. Plus they were cheaper than R888's, so I just went with it.

And they're on! Mounting the tires ****ed up the plastidip on the wheel, so I just peeled it all off. Peeled off pretty easy. I hated the way it turned out anyway so no big deal. But kinda sucks if I want to dip them again a different color, seems like every time I swap on tires I'd have to re-dip them.

Old 05-29-15, 07:28 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are you liking the Megasquirt so far? Any issues with it at all? I'm really thinking of grabbing the New MS3-Pro based MSPNP myself.
Thx
Old 05-30-15, 05:03 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

The sync issues have made me occasionally wonder if I should have gotten something else. That 1 issue really has been frustrating. If it wasn't for that 1 issue, I'd totally love it. Not all cars have that issue either, and there's still more I can do to try and eliminate it.
Old 05-30-15, 07:48 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got any street driving videos? I love my toyo r888's, completely solved my traction issues and I'm open diff still.
Old 05-30-15, 04:51 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Not really. I should mount the cam and take some though. I'll post when I get some.
Old 07-25-15, 09:16 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Minor update. AC hasn't worked in this car since I bought it. Just got it fixed today! The old compressor/clutch was shot. So installed a new compressor today, along with new o-rings (most of them, there were a couple I couldn't do). Also a new drier. Held a vaccum, so pumped 30oz of R134a in it, feels awesome!

Also I have a dyno appt scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. I've been on a few dynos in this area with this car and past cars, however I had never been to RavenWorks before which is where I made the above power of 545hp. Dynos all read different, and supposidely this dyno reads fairly low. So I'm going to go to the local DynoJet just to do a few pulls for comparison since I've been there before with past cars. That way I can better understand where my car sits compared to some of my past cars. I've hear there could be potentially a 10-15% difference so we'll see.

For reference, my past car (DSM) had made 541hp on a Dyno Dynamics which was known to read low. I went to the DynoJet a week later and it made 628hp. So if the dyno I just went on reads low similarly to the Dyno Dynamics, then I may already be making a tish more power than my last setup. So anyhow, guess we'll see how they compare on Tuesday!

Last update, I've started accumulating interior parts for the car. This winter I plan on doing an interior overhaul. So far I've purchased
- Black Armrest
- Black Rear view mirror
- Grey door panels in nice condition (will dye them)

Looking for some new (lighter) seats to put in the car as I've read our stockers weight around 75lbs each. Thinking about Celica seats which weight more around 25lbs each.

Old 07-27-15, 09:10 AM
InLyneTrbo
Pole Position

Nice, always great to get the A/C going when it hasn't worked months prior. Have you had a chance to drive it with the NT05s on? I'm curious as to how well they provide traction cold. I was looking at NT05/01s, R888s, star specs, and RS3s.
Old 07-27-15, 10:49 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I probably have a good 600-700 miles on them. To be clear, they are NT05R's, not to be confused with NT05's. They are the drag radials.

Traction wise they are phenomenal. I don't spin in any gear. Cold right out of the driveway I can get a tiny bit of spin in 1st, but that's cold and on a ****ty surface. I love them for their traction. Cons, I definately feel the "floating sensation" people mention comes with softer sidewall tires like these. My mind could just be screwing with me making it feel worse than it is, but it is there.

I do have some thoughts in mind for next year. I plan to turn up the boost more next year, so I'll probably have another 100hp next year. I wonder how they will perform then. I also would like to get some new wheels someday. Been looking at 18's but that would be a step backwards I think as far as forward traction goes. So not sure what I'm going to do there yet. I've been thinking about running 18's up front, and possibly matching 17's in the rear. Also been thinking just 18's all around and maybe some R888's for street setup since these tires do have that float, and then maybe getting some sort of matching smaller wheels with better tires for the track. No idea what I want to do yet there, haha.

Quick Reply: Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)