Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-14, 12:19 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

So, all that work on the rear calipers was for not. Lesson of the weekend, don't grind calipers down no matter how many people on the internet say they've done it and it's OK, they now leak and are trash

So I'm just going back to my original plan which was to ditch them for some Supra NA rear brakes. SC300 are the smallest, Supra NA are bigger, and TT bigger yet + 2 piston. So while I suppose this is a downgrade from what I had, it's still an upgrade over stock.

So basically here's what the TT rears looked like. So nice, so sad I ruined them

Here's the NA Supra rear rotors for comparison sake. They are damn near the same size, just a hair smaller.

And here they are installed, with the Supra NA single piston rear calipers. Tons of clearance for my 16's now, should have just done this in the first place. Everything just lines up and bolts right up. Will just run them as-is this year. Over the winter I may get around to painting them.
Attached Thumbnails Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)-cam00303.jpg   Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)-cam00304.jpg   Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)-cam00306.jpg  
Old 08-02-14, 06:33 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

I also did a little ricer mod. The car was debadged when I got the body work done, but I had this sticker made and threw it on. Figured it might get some people to do a double take

I had a handful of them made if anyone else is interested.

Old 08-03-14, 07:24 AM
pcolex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I'm really new to this forum and just beginning my SC4 build, and am scanning all the other really nice builds. I picked this thread because its relevant. Can someone help me please and explain what that piece is on the upper right part of the console? It looks like its something that flips out? I see many builds with an empty slot, and mine is empty too but I know that's not right. But here there is something there. What is this? Thanks!
Old 08-03-14, 09:07 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

It's a cup holder, it just flips out. Some have it, some just have an empty slot.
Old 08-03-14, 04:00 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Well with the new differential installed, the noise is gone! I had the other differential looked at by MAP, nothing really stood out as being that bad however he did find that the backlash was out of spec by about double. He was able to bring it back within spec. So hopefully at some point here I'll be able to find time to swap it back in to see if that fixed the noise, not sure when that will be though. Until then, I'll just enjoy it with this diff installed for now.
Old 08-04-14, 08:22 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Wait so you bought TT rear brakes and ruined them.....
Old 08-04-14, 10:26 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

i'm just curious, where does everyone order a diff?
Old 08-05-14, 05:50 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Wait so you bought TT rear brakes and ruined them.....
No I didn't buy them, the car came with them, check post #1 of the thread smarty pants. Feel free to unsubscribe to this one if your intent is to be negative and sarcastic. I won't miss it.

I want to share my experiences, good or bad, hoping that someone will read this someday and learn from it. And based on the amount PM's I get, several people do and appreciate it. So despite the sinde gestures, I'll continue to do so.

i'm just curious, where does everyone order a diff?
I bought my first one off Aliga. I bought this more recent one off eBay for $175 shipped (just search for SC430 differential).
Old 08-05-14, 06:48 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Halon
No I didn't buy them, the car came with them, check post #1 of the thread smarty pants. Feel free to unsubscribe to this one if your intent is to be negative and sarcastic. I won't miss it.

I want to share my experiences, good or bad, hoping that someone will read this someday and learn from it. And based on the amount PM's I get, several people do and appreciate it. So despite the sinde gestures, I'll continue to do so.

Ok good...just trying to understand what happened to the brakes.....I wasnt being negative at all...

No reason to take it personal....im not bashing your thread what so ever

Last edited by CatManD3W; 08-05-14 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-05-14, 07:44 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

the SC430 has a LSD???
Old 08-05-14, 07:45 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oldManTan
the SC430 has a LSD???
No it has a better gear ratio.....
Old 08-05-14, 09:14 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oldManTan
the SC430 has a LSD???
No, but just like ours, any lsd made for an auto TT diff will work. So I had an OEM torsen lsd installed into that first diff. The new one I just swapped in the other day still has the open diff in it.
Old 08-05-14, 09:36 PM
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of running the n-a rears, you can run evo 8/9 rear brembo sand use sti rear rotors. Sf said they are about the size of n/a calipers.
Old 08-14-14, 03:32 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Bought some SS Braided brake lines from GT Autosports.

Also talking with a local tuner to hopefully get the car back on the dyno in the next few weeks hopefully!!

Old 08-19-14, 08:31 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Doing some ricer lighting mods.

Got the spoiler LED brake light working.

Installed the 4300k HID kit I had laying around since removing it from my Envoy.

Bought some LED's off ebay. White LED's in the license plate area as well as the headlight city lights. They look more blue to me than I would have light, was going for more just pure white. But whatever, looks better than the dull standard bulbs. Also purchased Yellow LED's for the turning lights. I have the blinkders on in the pics so it would turn on and you can see how it looks. They actually look fairly amber in real life which was another disappointment as I was hoping for straight yellow. Looks more yellow in the pics than they do in real life. But whatever, it'll work. I will be rewiring them however so that they just turn on with the parking lights.

Quick Reply: Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)