Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-17, 05:34 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I did ABS delete shortly after getting the car. I bet my pics are on one of the first couple pages of this thread. I'm happy with removing it too!
Old 02-03-17, 07:30 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Car is looking good man!
Old 02-04-17, 12:19 AM
LethalSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Halon

What kind of throttle body is this ? Where did you purchased it from ?

Pretty impressive build!
Old 02-04-17, 07:53 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

It came with my old intake manifold. I don't know what brand. But seems like just one of the typical lower quality billet TB's you see floating around for sale. It has a tiny boost leak at the shafts for the throttle plate, but it works fine otherwise u guess. It'll be for sale next year likely as I plan to convert to DBW.
Old 02-08-17, 08:09 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

So starting to get the misc stuff buttoned up.

I got the rear seats back installed.

Got my new CanBus gauge connected and functioning, I think its going to be perfect for me! Was trying to figure out a nice clean spot to mount it. Are very own member here MLeopard made a drawing of a gauge holder that would go under a single din stereo. I really like it, so despite really liking my dual din receiver, I decided to ditch it and bought a new single din stereo. So I installed that. And a local will be 3D printing the new gauge mount for me in the coming weeks here.

I also ordered 2 AEM 12 position switches from Real St. They will be wired into Infinity and used for adjusting boost, and traction control, from inside the car. Those are included in that 3D gauge cluster and will be mounted on either side of the CanBus gauge.

Decided to try out my Basslink again since its so much simpler than my separate sub\amp setup. I'm not sure if this head unit is better or what, but the Basslink sounds phenomenal now. So Ill be keeping that installed now. Its a Lexus, so gotta have dem beats! Also, it might sound corney, but I had my gauge cluster and HVAC recently redone by Tanin, and chose a hyper white / red accent color scheme that i really like. This receiver has two lighting zones that you can customized. So i got the screens white matched pretty close to the others. And did red accents\buttons. So it matches the rest of the lighting very well, and I'm probably more excited about it then I should be lol. Even the CanBus white matches pretty closely too, ErMaGerd!!!

Got a lot of the dust off the car, cleaned the engine bay and got all the little accessory pieces installed in the engine again.

So car is really starting to come together. I'm still working on getting more logs for Vlad when the roads aren't terrible and full of salt. And I have a small tick list of things I still need to get done as well. But the way it's looking right now is the car will be ready for spring. Much Excite!

Old 02-09-17, 05:17 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome!! Looking great! Are you building that spare motor yet?
Old 02-09-17, 07:33 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

The spare motor I have purchased all the parts for the build. Basically just waiting for the machine shop to be ready for me, probably a couple weeks away yet. Which is fine because I'm not planning to swap it in until next winter.
Old 02-09-17, 03:42 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Well won't be needing these anymore.
Old 02-14-17, 07:13 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Well we are officially done with the pump gas tuning. I have a little over 1/4 tank of premium I need to burn off so I can start filling it up with Ethanol. I figure with the weather and roads being halfway decent, and the car running so well, why not take it to work today to burn off some of that gas

Blurry cell phone through a dirty window pic!
Old 02-14-17, 01:04 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

looks great!! looks like the shifter is sitting in a pretty good spot too, first time I am seeing it with the gated plate.
Old 02-14-17, 02:21 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah it sits nice. It sits a little forward, but that's because I flipped it so the bend goes forward. In this way it actually fits the stock surround better. But I'll probably flip it back so the bend goes back, and it'll fit the gated surround perfect I think.
Old 02-16-17, 07:09 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Out with the pump gas, and in with that winter blend!

Did I mention I love this BTI CAN gauge!!

Old 02-22-17, 07:14 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Still going through various tuning sessions. We're finally to the point where we get to start turning the boost up higher than WG Spring pressure. So the fun is about to start!

In the mean time I've been trying to get it cleaned up. It was nice today so I snapped a couple pics in the sun of the engine bay cleaned up. Made me realise how bad I need a new fuse box cover (such scratched!).

Last edited by Halon; 02-22-17 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-22-17, 08:21 PM
jwynn
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Did you just do the ABS delete recently.....I am really happy with removing it....
Whats the difference or perks of doing this? Also how difficult
Old 02-22-17, 08:28 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

For me, it was all about getting rid of all that crap in the engine bay. Whether that's a good reason or not is up to the individual.

Quick Reply: Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)