Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-10, 07:39 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Have been in contact with the chinese vendor of the stereo. They've been very good as far as customer service goes. No email has gone more than 24hrs unanswered. Looks like they are going to send me a new antenna for me to try and see if that fixes it.

Also ordered up some parts today to continue on with my pre-modding maintenance in an attempt to get the car as solid as I can before modding the hell outta it.
- New Tranny Mount
- New Front Motor Mounts
- New Fronts and Rear sway bar end links
- New Tie Rod end links

New LCA's, and other random **** to come soon also

Last edited by Halon; 10-25-10 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-26-10, 12:43 AM
ClearP
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maintenance before mods, how it should be done! Props to you!
Old 10-29-10, 05:40 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Some stuff arrived today! The shiny stuff straight from Chiyyyna
The turbo goodies will just go on the shelf for later until the maintenance is finished. Just accumulating those parts at this time. Will be considering getting the hot parts coated also. Not sure what I want to do quite yet there...

The new suspension stuff will go on hopefully this weekend.

Last edited by Halon; 10-29-10 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-29-10, 05:41 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

i do really those this car, i had same jade green 5spd sc, i miss it do much, my babii, i am gonna live out my clean jade coupe in you
Old 10-29-10, 05:46 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Avarec
i do really those this car, i had same jade green 5spd sc, i miss it do much, my babii, i am gonna live out my clean jade coupe in you
k now in english please.
Old 10-29-10, 11:11 PM
schase
Pole Position

keep the pics comin thanx
Old 10-29-10, 11:39 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Cheapest place I've found LCA's. Just for my own notes:

http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/inde...layCatalogid=0

Thanks Cher.
Old 11-02-10, 08:20 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Rack and Pinion is out. I'm just going to say F-it and order up a new one from Vatozone tomorrow as they are only around $200 and have a lifetime warrantee. So hopefully won't ever have to deal with that ever again. The bushings for it were also worn to hell so I ordered up some new steering rack bushings from here:
http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...n/make/sc.html

Also since I'm in this area already, and suspect my feedline to be possibly leaking, I ordered up a new PS pressurized line. This one is SS-Braided and rated to 2000psi so this should never be a leak concern area ever again:
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...k3mk4sc300.php

Got the old front swaybar endlinks out, and put the new ones in. This area is one area where things have a little surface rust. I was able to get 1 of the 4 nuts off the end links, and simply could not break the other nuts loose, no matter how much PB Blaster I used. So the DSMer in me managed to get them off :

said f-it and grabbed my angle grinder only to find out it was missing the piece that holds the cutting disc in place. Went to Menards and found this beaut for $9

as the marines would say, Get Some!

They are out. Those LCA's are just ugly, will replace those this winter I think:

Will tighten them up later

Also some more stuff showed up in the mail. New front motor mounts, and rear sway bar end links. OEM Toyota baby
Old 11-03-10, 06:52 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Called up Vatozone about a new rack and pinion at 9am. They had it by noon

So basically got it in the garage. Got the new tie rod end links on it. Waiting for PB Blaster to hopefully do some more magic because I cannot get the steering wheel rod off the old friggin rack!!

Old 11-04-10, 06:20 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

All motor mounts replaced:

- 2 fronts and the rear one on the tranny. All new mounts are OEM Supra N/A mounts.

Old 11-04-10, 07:29 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

I'm enjoying watching this build. I hope to have a SC soon as well.
Old 11-04-10, 08:18 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Glad you're enjoying it, especially since so far it's been pretty boring stuff haha. Hopefully most of the maintenance crap will be done with soon here though. There are a couple things I'm going to wait and do while I'm turboing it, but some of this I just wanted to get done first here. Getting close to the fun stuff though
Old 11-05-10, 08:35 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Steering rack is in with the new TME poly bushings. End links have been tightened up, and the new tie rod ends are pumped up with grease. Filled up the PS fluid and took it for a spin around the block. Car feels MUCH tighter, it was immediately noticable! I think the steering bushings are mostly to thank for that. The old ones were stock rubber, and were falling apart. I'm sure new stock rubber ones would have felt better also, but they're still rubber and have a little play. These poly ones are stiff. I love them

What was funny though was we must have been off a little bit when putting the steering wheel shaft back on. The car still drives perfectly straight, but the steering wheel is like 100* off. It's pretty funny looking cruising around with the steering wheel that far off, haha.

Also I think the motor mounts made a difference as well. Steve even mentioned before that when you just free revved the car, you could feel the motor shake a hair. That is gone now, you hardly feel anything!

But also thanks again to brownman for stopping by and helping me. I would still be trying to get that f-in rod in if it wasn't for you man

Next I'm going to move onto the rear end. I have the new rear swaybar endlinks to install, but while I'm back there I will be checking for anything else out of the norm. But I'll wait a week or so to do that, I want to enjoy driving the car this weekend.

I am honestly really happy I'm approaching things in this manner, meaning doing all this maintenance up front before throwing power mods at it. Just this alone made the car feel so much better to drive, I'm amazed!

Old 11-05-10, 09:28 PM
meangreen1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal man.
Old 11-05-10, 09:48 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much did you get the front sway bar endlinks for?

Quick Reply: Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)