Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-13, 02:32 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Tiny update. I just dropped the car off at MAPerformance to get the LSD installed, and fill it up with some Amsoil SVT 75W-110.

I also picked up a new exhaust from another member on here (3" single exit) that I'm going to install to replace my home made one. I think my homemade one is banging around a bit under there which is driving me nuts. So that will be nice.

Then I need to troubleshoot my fuel system. My fuel pressure is inconsistent. I tried a spare AFPR a friend had which didn't make much of a difference. I replaced the stock fuel filter with a new OEM one, made no difference. I unplugged one of the 255's (running dual in-tank in parallel) which also didn't make much of a difference. I turned the pumps on with the car off and used an air compressor on the AFPR to up the fuel pressure and can't find any leaks. When I get into boost I can smell gas which is weird, doesn't do that smell when I do the air compressor check. Wondering if whatever is causing that smell has something to do with it. So anyhow, need to troubleshoot that once I get it home.

I was planning on dynoing after that but instead I think I'll start making my FMIM. Then maybe this winter I can dyno it since I'm sure the dyno will be wide open that time of year.
Old 09-23-13, 04:47 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whenever my fuel pressure drops it's usually the fitting on top of the fuel pump that becomes loose which leaks fuel... So look into that
Old 09-24-13, 06:53 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Exhaust showed up today, thanks again JH282 Plan is to install this when I get the car back, then look into adding a muffler in series under the car (similar to the Apexi exhaust). If that's not quiet enough for me, I will replace the bullet muffler on the back with something with a little more substantial.

Old 10-11-13, 03:22 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Exhaust is in. Much louder than the previous setup, but much more solid. I like it, however It will need to be tweaked to fit better around my 350z trans mount bracket, but no big deal. I think I'll also throw as large of a magnaflow muffler as I can fit in line (under the driveshaft) to queit it down a bit. If anyone else has done that, what size do you use (5x8?)?

Also bought a used FFIM. However the lower runners that it came with are kind of weird, look way different than my lower runners. Anyone know what these runners are from? It also came with a TB, I'll either run that or my Q45. Also got a couple GE valve covers Powder Coated black with them for cheap too.

I've also decided she's done for the year. So while I'm doing all this, I'm going to try and clean up all the wiring, and tuck a little bit of it. Also going to redo the rear sub wiring a little nicer as well as run a larger wire for the fuel pumps. Here she is, looking like a mess!

Old 10-11-13, 08:37 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I see more progress is being made. These builds are getting better and better as the time passing by.
Old 10-14-13, 07:07 AM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming along brandon! Keep it up!
Old 10-15-13, 06:24 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Threw the valve covers on. Not too bad for what I paid.

Also here's some progress on the passenger side mini-tuck. Slowly but surely, trying to keep it as clean as possible. Bought a crap ton of loom online to try and keep it halfway nice looking.

Old 04-08-14, 01:57 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Been a long time since I've updated this. Winter has come and is just about gone. Mods over the winter are the following.

FFIM install (and all misc tasks that go along with doing that)
Reconfigure AFPR setup
Mini wire tuck / vac line tuck
Tweak the new exhaust to fit around 350z trans and add more muffling
New zinc slotted front rotors and ceramic pads
New rear axles (saving the old for track spares)
2150cc injectors

Dyno time is setup for this Thursday, or if it doesn't make it by then sometime next week instead. Dyno will be focused on start-up, idle, drivability, not so much on max power.

Once that is done, I'm working on setting up a body shop to get the whole thing painted with the new lips/sideskirts and spoiler on. Hopefully in the next 3-4 weeks it'll be ready for this season
Old 04-14-14, 02:39 PM
Murco
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are you having it tuned?
Old 04-14-14, 02:54 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

How'd the tuning session turn out?
Old 04-14-14, 07:48 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Tuning will be at DB Performance, where I always go for tuning (see dyno vids in my sig). Shane is the best tuner in the Twin Cities metro area as far as I'm concerned and the only one I trust to handover the laptop to. Dyno appointment had to be rescheduled due to the shop being busier than expected. Hoping for later this week or early next week. There's plenty of other dynes around here, but this is one thing I will wait for the best rather than settle for somewhere else.

Last edited by Halon; 04-14-14 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-17-14, 12:07 AM
Aswilley
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Halon
Ha, weird coincidence. Any details on your old GVR4?
hahaha omg sorry for the thread jack but it is fuuny how many DSMers are switching over to the 2JZ world lol.. I had a 91 GVR4 #872 sold it to a friend and its a 9 sec. car out in Cali now.

On a better note The SC is coming along nicely, i have found your posts to very helpful in my NA-T build. Keep up the good work man, its never really done lol
Old 04-17-14, 06:38 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

It's never finished, ain't that the truth

Dyno appt set for today but we just got nailed with a foot of snow out of the blue so may reschedule for next week. In the mean time, here's a couple little teaser pics of the exhaust tweaks. Fits much better around the 350z trans mount now. Also I'm getting older now, and I like quiet. So we added a 3" SS Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator underneath in the driveshaft area. Then we will be installing a 3" SS Vibrant Oval Muffler in the rear to replace the tiny fart can that was on there. But for now we are not finishing the rear section until I get the Rideskinz rear lip mounted to make sure the exhaust lines up perfectly with the opening on the lip when installed.
Attached Thumbnails Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)-halonexhaust1.jpg   Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)-halonexhaust2.jpg   Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)-halon_exhaust3.jpg  
Old 04-17-14, 07:49 AM
BoostinSc3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stupid question what size rims did 93-98 toyota supra come in??
Old 04-17-14, 08:28 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

17", the width is different between the front and rears, I forget the width but it's a google search away.

Quick Reply: Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)