Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Apok-C's Continuous Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-10, 09:30 AM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always hear you guys say the names of these bodykits but I have no idea what your talking about haha.

What's a good website for Lexus aftermarket mods?
Old 09-01-10, 09:48 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got mine when i was 19
Old 09-01-10, 09:49 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by ApokC
No XM, no Park Assist, no spoiler, no headlight cleaner

What are swaybars gunna do for me?

and ya, I want the sport pedals! Where's a cheap place to get em?
Try Sewell. Register an account with them using CL username and you should get some kind of discount.
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...0-2007-36.html
Old 09-01-10, 09:55 AM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome, rear sway bar is the 1st mod every 350 owner should have
Old 09-01-10, 09:59 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and congrats on the car!

sway bars are one of the big upgrades to the suspension.
Old 09-01-10, 10:02 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ApokC
How much does lowering cost all together? Don't I need to get Coilovers and stuff
you dont need coils but i always recommend them because the people that buy springs usually get tired of the look and always want to go lower. for a decent set id say about $800-$900
Old 09-01-10, 10:02 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by quang
welcome, rear sway bar is the 1st mod every 350 owner should have
Rear sway bar alone is no longer sufficient. The front and rear sway bars are both necessary.

The new data from F-sport suggest that the F-sport front sway bar also makes a big difference.
Old 09-01-10, 10:04 AM
Raralith
Intermediate

As others are saying, sway bars should definately be the first mod, and it's the mod that you can really feel a big difference in if you don't focus on going in straight lines or have to make some faster turns; i.e., taking a freeway onwrap which is the 180 wrap around, I can definately feel a lot less body roll with the F-Sprot sway bar.

As for where to get them, a lot say Sewell, but I got my done at my local Lexus dealership after they were willing to price match and lower their labor costs. It came out to be ~$250 and with the dealer warranty too (which doesn't mean much).
Old 09-01-10, 10:10 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the ride! +1 for a drop, and I too suggest coils over springs if you can afford it (many get springs, regret it, then get coils, which costs more money in the end).

Originally Posted by carLx
Rear sway bar alone is no longer sufficient. The front and rear sway bars are both necessary.

The new data from F-sport suggest that the F-sport front sway bar also makes a big difference.
I thought the jury was still out on this? I did just the rear sway and it's a WORLD of difference. Not sure adding the front sway would do much.
Old 09-01-10, 10:38 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by brociouz
Congrats on the ride! +1 for a drop, and I too suggest coils over springs if you can afford it (many get springs, regret it, then get coils, which costs more money in the end).

I thought the jury was still out on this? I did just the rear sway and it's a WORLD of difference. Not sure adding the front sway would do much.
You are correct, there's no definitive conclusion yet.

There is one person, however, who initially had just the F-sport rear sway on his IS350 for a week; he later added the front F-sport sway bar and commented on the difference -

"Well I gotta toss my 2 cents in here just because.
Ordered my front/Rear set some time ago from my LOCAL Lexus dealership (who, but the way, price matched certain online vendors when I asked them to..... (Lets hear it for supporting your LOCAL community!))

The rear went on the day I got them, and I ran it like that for over a week. From the luxury package, installing the rear was an instant hit. What bothered me was that with only the rears, I triggered the traction control constantly. This means something was not right, and it annoyed me. Aggressive cornering still buried the outside front (stock) suspension, causing the tighter rear to "lift its leg" and trigger the light.
Felt very unsettling to me to feel the nose dip but the *** lift in a corner.
Anyhow, put the front on, and it definitely made a difference. The awkward pitch is gone, the traction control light has gone away (well, almost), and the car simply "feels" better balanced and less unsettling.

Having experienced just the rear, and then both, I cant imagine running the car with a rear bar only... It would drive me nuts....

2 cents
Vince"

Most people seem to either get just the rear sway bar or both front and rears right off the bat. It's rare to see somebody first get the rear bar and then add the front later, so reviews like Vince's are few and far between.
Old 09-01-10, 10:54 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ Yeah, I remember reading that. Maybe I'll swap cars with someone who has both and see if either of us can tell the difference. Like I said, I have just the rear but don't experience that traction control problem.
Old 09-01-10, 11:01 AM
uaaction
Lead Lap

grats get some springs and some nice exhaust and intake>>>
Old 09-01-10, 11:06 AM
aira
Pole Position

I never new sway bars were considered a first mod on this car. Must be new. Shows how much I frequent this site. lol.
Old 09-01-10, 11:26 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz
^ Yeah, I remember reading that. Maybe I'll swap cars with someone who has both and see if either of us can tell the difference. Like I said, I have just the rear but don't experience that traction control problem.
cuz your not pounding your car and diving into corners
Old 09-01-10, 11:29 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on your pretty new car! It's fun dreaming about all the neat things you can do to it, isn't it?

Looks like you have a nice list of mods going on for starters, and for me not doing any as of yet, I'll just wait to see your new add ons.

Wondering if there's that much of a difference between the sport susp and the F sport, in terms of front.

Quick Reply: Apok-C's Continuous Build