Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

project:Soarer

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 07:22 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice V2! I'm glad you got the front end fixed, I did almost the exact same damage to the passenger side of my car and replaced the headlight, zip tie stitched the bumper and called it a day. The insurance check made for a very good Christmas for my gf and family lol..
Old 02-27-14, 07:56 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so nothing much has been going on. some how I uploaded a damn supra map and messed up my pre-loaded 1jz download. i got another map from a member on club lexus. but still won't let me send the map over to the ecu. i really haven't had time to **** around with the aem fully. but hopefully i will get some time after the 9th. and iam going to review all these videos.

anywhoo i ordered a aftermarket ijz intake. i figured since it wasn't that expensive i would take the plunge.

haven't had a chance to see if the runners match up perfectly or if i need to port them. but other than that it is very light. and has some shavings that needs to be cleaned out. i do like the runners tho.

apparently in china the work is really cheap.

$25.00 to make, well blow-me-job!!
Old 02-27-14, 08:02 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

so next up was a q45 throttle body(or so i thought). after securing one i later found out that it's not a true 90mm.

i think dr. web says it's really 87mm. either way i brought another aftermarket one that you can see the size difference.

the new tb comes with a flange for an exact fit on the mani

luckily iam going to need that as the original flange bolts don't line up perfectly(just one).

but spending a couple more bucks is expected with this kind of stuff and not really a big deal imo.

i was shocked to see the premium that q45 tb's bring nowadays. they didn't used to go for 100.00.
Old 02-27-14, 08:05 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

and finally i got ready to get some good head!!!

got these puppies to service my leaky valve stem seals. just going to remove the head and maybe get a head job(leaning towards it). and finish up the mods with some 264 bc cams.

what about the fuel you say?? well i already got a top feed rail and these babies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191066482552...84.m1439.l2649
Old 02-27-14, 08:07 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

after cams I will be done with go fast mods. next in the near term is a ati dampener and maybe a tt oil pump.
Old 02-27-14, 08:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by megamax

anywhoo i ordered a aftermarket ijz intake. i figured since it wasn't that expensive i would take the plunge.

apparently in china the work is really cheap.
Looks nice Mega . You are on the go fast mode now huh ? Where did you find that intake manifold ?

A lot of us frown at items made in China. Not everything made in Asia is bad or low class. We have that mentality that if it is cheap it is bad. Not always. The reason why stuff from China or 'Asia is cheap , it is because labor cost is cheap. China has one of the cheapest labor cost.

Average monthly salary of an individual in China is $160-200 . Why do you think most of our greedy big corporations instead of keeping the jobs here in the US , set up their manufacturing plant in China or their customer relations service center in Asia ? It is all about cheaper manpower cost so their company bottom lines ($$$) are higher.
Old 02-27-14, 09:42 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

got it off ebay. also getting my dampner off there unless I can find a cheaper price??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221163171805?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 02-27-14, 10:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

got it off ebay. also getting my dampner off there unless I can find a cheaper price??
cheaper at summitracing.com $365 . Got mine there !
Old 02-27-14, 12:18 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

no way, am on it!!!
Old 03-05-14, 10:51 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

looks like a better deal!!!

http://www.summitracing.com/interim/...ping#Estimator
Old 03-05-14, 12:27 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

GERB!!! IS THIS TRUE??

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-question.html
Old 03-05-14, 12:46 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Mega - my mind ain't working right today .. it's slow so I don't quite get what that thread is all about. What I am getting is the guy can't get it in. These dampeners are used all over the 2jz community.

One thing I remember on the ATI or Titan Dampener , I have both but are basically identical, they are tough to put in and get out . You have to have the right tools. I had to go and loan a tool from Advance. I am telling you , depending on your crank , they are really tight. If you can't get it in even with the right tools then you will have to hone the hub of the ATI pulley. You can use a caliper hone to increase the clearance so it would not be too tight. I read somewhere you can heat it up so you can put it in but the problem there would be taking it out , it will be a pain.

Also on the ATI dampener , the first one I bought from Summit was not right, they have different models for the Toyota 3.0 . When I was getting the whole rotating assembly balanced before the engine assembly, I was told by the machine shop that what I got was not right so I had to go back to Summit Racing to get it exchanged. After that I never had problem installing and removing those Dampeners. You got to have the right tools.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-05-14 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-06-14, 09:54 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

so a standard 3 arm pulley will not work with an ati??
Old 03-06-14, 12:01 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

if you are talking about the harborfreight cheap kind made of cast iron i believe , I broke mine taking out the ATI pulley...so I had to loan one from Advance, heavy duty puller.
Old 05-02-14, 05:24 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

so, been a while, scored some 880cc bosch injectors.

scored some tt supra center caps

and got some bc cams 264's.

and finally got the aem started, you need to bypass the fuel pump. iam looking into the relay option as I would like to have the aem control the fuel pump. when I get some damn time tho.

I need someone wo walk me through how to get the car to idle, I can get it to start but it just dies after a few seconds??

Quick Reply: project:Soarer