Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-06, 06:18 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Gang, my original thread has gotten so very long that I decided to break it up into Stage 1, and Stage II. Really, that is what I have done, and I noted that in the Stage I thread, but I never really separated them. I never expected Stage II to take as long as it did...I did learn a whole lot though, and you members have been great; cheering me on many, many times, even when it looked like total disaster at times...

So, this is the beginning of Stage II, which was when I added the BBK's,a and all the many other items that have gotten this project to where it is today. As I am now nearing the completion of Stage II, I will look to post up another video of the car driving, and hopefully the full tune and dyno by the end of this month (August 2010).

I will start a third thread known as Stage II, V2 with the actual Dyno video, and some burnout threads, assumong we have total success at the dyno. I will then reveal the car with all the new pics of it completed. The Stage II, V2 thread should be quite short in comparison. This should also help those of you in the future that stumble upon these threads to read what I did on each thread, instead of one, super long novel...

BTW, I will hyperlink the threads to each other.

OK, so, here we go...Stage II, which actually started on 10/2/2006.

Gang: Here are some more pics:

V8TT emblems

V8TT emblems

SC400TT Emblem

SC400TT Emblem

Billet Fuel Door

BTW, car is runnig n much better and stronger...But, still needs tuning...not pushing to hard until tuned well. That does not happen on my car until the built-engine swap.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 08-08-10 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-02-06, 06:26 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default More pics continued

Here are some more...

Methanol/water injection pump

Wilwood BBK Caliper

Wilwood BBK Caliper

Wilwood Front wheel BBK Kit

Still awaiting the rear BBK kit...

Ryan
Old 10-02-06, 06:45 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=SC400TT;2158955]
Originally Posted by c0wboy
We're making a bit of headway in my personal project also. The manifolds are nearly complete.

That is an interesting design eric...Actually Frank's original design was quite similar to that, but he abandoned it for several reasons... Then he went to a 4 into 1 design, which us flowing very well. Maybe you guys can make that design work?

Good luck....

Ryan
Thanks man, our design is a 4 into 1, just that we are using equal length runners, and larger 1.75" OD runners. We want that motor to breath. We actaully saw this design manifold on an Australia car in a pic that was a few years old.

Eric
Old 10-02-06, 07:33 PM
wannasupra
Driver School Candidate

hey frank, what about that clutch...

speaking of clutches, ryan, aren't you doing a 6 speed swap? when you gonna start that?
Old 10-02-06, 08:51 PM
bossauto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wannasupra
hey frank, what about that clutch...

speaking of clutches, ryan, aren't you doing a 6 speed swap? when you gonna start that?

Clutch on what car ?? If you're asking about my car I'm having my buddy make me a custom one because the only one we can get has already slipped at around 1,100hp so I need something a bit better . But really , at 2,500lbs with me in the car I have a sick weight to power ratio , you'll need a 1,500hp supra to get close so I have VERY little worries .

Frank
Old 10-02-06, 09:15 PM
eskinol
Lead Lap

Interesting. Let me know how the wilwood work for you. A buddy of mine had a pair. Braking power was good, but it had a loud screech that never went away, so he returned them.

-esk
Old 10-03-06, 05:07 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Ryan, she's lookin' sweet! Try to enjoy her for a while before you go ripping her apart again.
Old 10-03-06, 11:20 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the badges!!!
Old 10-03-06, 07:34 PM
andrew_A_3
Driver

Originally Posted by wannasupra
ryan, aren't you doing a 6 speed swap? when you gonna start that?
he is going to swap but in stage 2, feel free to correct me if im wrong.
Old 10-05-06, 04:30 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Already had my first race (sort of) last night

Last night I was driving down 436 in Orlando to get to Titan Motorsports to meet up with Davew and Cowboy...An older Porsche Turbo with a wide body and pop up headlights drove up next to me and heard my turbo...He decided to race me...I really did not want to only because my car is not tuned, and I cannot hold boost for too long as my car will run a bit lean...So, I decided to let him know I had some power...I just kicked it a little while he was trying to pull away, and I caught right up to him...easily. Each time he downshifted and took off I just kept up with him to let him know he could not pull away...He finally realized he could not beat me, and turned off on Forsythe from University Blvd...

Ryan
Old 10-05-06, 04:41 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice already taunting other cars I see. Can't wait to see a video of this monster.
Old 10-05-06, 07:37 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Last night I was driving down 436 in Orlando to get to Titan Motorsports to meet up with Davew and Cowboy...An older Porsche Turbo with a wide body and pop up headlights drove up next to me and heard my turbo...He decided to race me...I really did not want to only because my car is not tuned, and I cannot hold boost for too long as my car will run a bit lean...So, I decided to let him know I had some power...I just kicked it a little while he was trying to pull away, and I caught right up to him...easily. Each time he downshifted and took off I just kept up with him to let him know he could not pull away...He finally realized he could not beat me, and turned off on Forsythe from University Blvd...

Ryan

That's what I'm talking about!!!
Old 10-05-06, 10:03 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should have come by ale house on university then... there were about 7 of us there. oh well, maybe next time.
Old 10-05-06, 01:33 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

You should have told me about the meet...

Ryan
Old 10-05-06, 03:23 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try being an active clublexus member in the florida secion... we have monthly meets. damn man, now that you have your car back you dont care about anyone huh? i think were meeting next week too, but ill have to see.

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II