Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-06, 06:29 PM
wannasupra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ain't nothin to look at in the shop. anything worth mention gets done and shipped the **** out. always seems to be a random neon around though. sometimes two. oh, and an assload of evos. all are fast except this white one with a "spade" sticker on it. (hks 280 cams, afc, eboost2, 26 psi on pump gas with meth injection)
Old 12-24-06, 10:04 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The intent and content of this post is one of the coolest things out there. A twin-turbo V8 under that sleek SC hood is just so incredible. You will officially have the coolest, most prized, (insert superlative here) SC in the world. I hope I not only have the money, but also -more importantly- the vision and the drive to come through on a hobby project of this magnitude one day. Dare I say this story is inspiring?
Old 12-25-06, 02:59 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzy
The intent and content of this post is one of the coolest things out there. A twin-turbo V8 under that sleek SC hood is just so incredible. You will officially have the coolest, most prized, (insert superlative here) SC in the world. I hope I not only have the money, but also -more importantly- the vision and the drive to come through on a hobby project of this magnitude one day. Dare I say this story is inspiring?
Blizzy: Merry Christmas to you and all out there in CL world...

Man, I so appreciate your props...This car and this project has truly been a passion of mine...I think that's obvious. What sometimes makes it all worthwhile is to have someone else that recognizes this, and appreciates the dream, to mention it...Good luck in what ever endeavors you put your hands to, Blizzy...

Ryan
Old 12-28-06, 07:00 PM
wannasupra
Driver School Candidate

did you make any rich retirees cry today ryan?
Old 01-02-07, 12:20 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wannasupra
did you make any rich retirees cry today ryan?
No... Gotta fix a coolant leak first...I have found it, no big deal to repair...

Also found an additional electrical problem in the wiring harness connected to the alternator....Will fix that as well...

Ryan
Old 01-02-07, 08:20 AM
hershsc400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Thanks, I think so too... But I am biased...

Wait till it is painted, badged, Big braked, vented, engine swapped, polished, etc...

Ryan
cant wait, when u do post pics asap
Old 01-02-07, 12:28 PM
itsme4g63
Driver

nice work, some of the most complex turbo systems I've seen to date.
Old 01-05-07, 09:31 PM
wannasupra
Driver School Candidate

they're sexy tho. all the wimmins like my manifold.
Old 01-09-07, 09:47 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wannasupra
they're sexy tho. all the wimmins like my manifold.
They like mine mo bettah!!!!

Ryan
Old 01-09-07, 10:05 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Well gang, an update for ya...

1) I have finalized the payment to BoostLogic, and they are shipping out the tranny to me...I will have it next week sometime.

2) I have seen the completed heads for my built motor, along with the balanced crank, honed block, etc...looks fantastic!! One more delay...After much debate, I decided to add the Lexus oil squirters from the 2UZ into the 1UZ oil galley...Thanks to the research done by Bob, I decided this was a great added failsafe, and not an expensive mod to add since the engine is apart right now anyway...Engine should be ready for me to pick up from the shop within 2 weeks. I will assemble it along with a buddy of mine. Getting ready for the swap

3) I fixed the two coolant leaks...cut and added a longer silicon tube for the upper water pipe, and that fixed that problem...I took off the old cap on the small overflow feeder tube, and recapped it...Leaks now sealed...

4) I found out that my second aftermarket alternator was dying, and finally went kaput totally...along with my Optima red top...only 4 volts...each one was feeding the other problem until the car would not run. I got rid of the red top, and bought a yellow top...much better battery for my application. I also drove to Melbourne FL, and got a genuine Lexus Alternator from the dealer...Don't want to mess with the aftermarket ones anymore.

5) I am in the process of completing the installation of the new alternator right now...What a pain in the **** to replace, especially with the turbo plumbing...Thank goodness we made the pipes modular, or this would be an unbelieveable nightmare to replace...As it is, I had to give my back a break for a moment, and decide to post up my progress...Want to go to the local meet tomorrow...So, I worked late, came home, ate dinner, and jumped on it about 9 or so this evening...I have going strong for over 3 hours now...I had to remove the heat shields, the y pipe, and the water pipe to get the alternator out...Sure hope this one lasts a great long while...Anyway, jumping back on it now...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 01-09-07 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-10-07, 02:17 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Alternator is installed....Took me until 4:45 am to complete...Ran into some snags... But alll is well now... I gotta tell you all...I don't want to have to repeat that again...What a serious pain.

No sleep today...

Ryan
Old 01-10-07, 01:04 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update Ryan, sounds like you are moving ahead at a steady pace.
Old 01-10-07, 10:50 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

RIchie: Thanks, it's a labor of love...I can hardly describe how wonderful it is to drive the Lexus with boost...Pure unadulterated JOY...The car is so much fun to drive...To anyone who can afford to FI their Lexus, it is worth doing...This car is so much fun to drive....I am speechless...

Ryan
Old 01-11-07, 07:16 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC400TT
....I am speechless...
Aparently not
I'm happy that you're happy Ryan.
Post some nice pics.
Old 01-11-07, 07:52 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor
Aparently not
I'm happy that you're happy Ryan.
Post some nice pics.
You got me on that one, Lex... Still, what funnnnn.........................

Ryan, aka SuperMan

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II