Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-12, 08:02 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Installed the custom rear mount STB from Scooter!

Guys, the rear mount STB is is installed on my car. I did notice what seems to be more stability when driving it. I like it quite a bit, and I am happy I bought it. I believe it is worth buying and installing on the SC!

Ryan
Old 06-16-12, 05:54 PM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What is a STB?
Old 06-16-12, 08:36 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strut Tower Bar/Brace
Old 06-22-12, 08:11 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by laxdude362
Strut Tower Bar/Brace
Originally Posted by MMCtuner
What is a STB?
Here is a pic for you. This is the manufacturer's personal one...I elected not to powdercoat mine as it will never be seen, and being aluminum, it will not corrode. What I love about this one is it is light weight, and very sturdy. He welded gussets into the corners of mine for even more rigidity.

Installed, notice it clears the EDFC?

Mine:
Mine:

I drove the car again...in the curves, and it did stifffen it up noticably...I cant wait to put the front one on too...(Cusco).

Ryan
Old 06-22-12, 08:13 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Lextreme's high output alternator came in...I can't wait to get it installed...

Ryan
Old 06-22-12, 09:09 AM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Thanks for the explanation.
How hard is to change your alternator Ryan? I went single with my 1uz and the alternator now is practically buried behind pipes.
Old 06-22-12, 10:05 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How hard is to change your alternator Ryan? I went single with my 1uz and the alternator now is practically buried behind pipes.
Lol. Ryan's system is possibly different from yours, so he may have a different way to change out the alternator. If you haven't changed yours, then just stick with it until it's bad. But in the mean time, you can use the most powerful battery that you can get to keep enough charge and to provide the power to the electric stuffs. I'd say the battery should have a minimum of 900 amps.
Old 06-22-12, 05:30 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

I have to change it from underneath the car. It should not be too bad, but I have to jack up my car, and check it out this weekend...

Originally Posted by stevechumo
Lol. Ryan's system is possibly different from yours, so he may have a different way to change out the alternator. If you haven't changed yours, then just stick with it until it's bad. But in the mean time, you can use the most powerful battery that you can get to keep enough charge and to provide the power to the electric stuffs. I'd say the battery should have a minimum of 900 amps.
Ditto, Steve...I currently have an Optima Yellow top. I am considering changing it to a Kinetic.

Ryan
Old 06-23-12, 01:37 AM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stevechumo
How do you know how my system is??
It´ll work forever! Is a one of a kind that only on mine was fitted by Lexus. Lol.
Old 06-23-12, 06:03 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice rear bar w/the added strengthening; what did you decide to do for rims? Thrown those 20" on there yet(?), I'd love to see them mounted w/your car on the ground. I think they'd look great compared to the 18"; though I do wonder if they'll clear the rear fenderwell lips if you haven't cut/bent them. More pic updates!
Old 06-25-12, 08:49 AM
QwkSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT

Ditto, Steve...I currently have an Optima Yellow top. I am considering changing it to a Kinetic.

Ryan

I had both actually, the Kinetic made a huge difference for me.

Is that a 10W3v3 mounted free-air I see?
Old 06-25-12, 09:26 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Nice rear bar w/the added strengthening; what did you decide to do for rims? Thrown those 20" on there yet(?), I'd love to see them mounted w/your car on the ground. I think they'd look great compared to the 18"; though I do wonder if they'll clear the rear fenderwell lips if you haven't cut/bent them. More pic updates!
Thanks Zach. I really am impressed with the STB. Wheels are being custom made...I know the design, just deciding on 19" or 20" wheels...I think the 19's look better and they will ride better. So, I am leaning towards the 19".

Originally Posted by QwkSC
I had both actually, the Kinetic made a huge difference for me.

Is that a 10W3v3 mounted free-air I see?
Yep, I have already committed to the Kinetic. I could not tell you about that sub as that is not my car as I noted in the post...That is the fabricator/designer's car. I have not taken a pic of mine installed yet. Plus, mine has the added gussets, which his does not.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 06-25-12 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-25-12, 09:39 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How do you know how my system is??
It´ll work forever! Is a one of a kind that only on mine was fitted by Lexus. Lol.
I just guess. lol.
Old 08-14-12, 10:51 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Sorry I haven't posted up in weeks. A little over 3 weeks ago, I hit a curb on a narrow sidewalk which leads to the Seminole Wekiva bike trail, and unfortunately, my 10 speed flipped, I went flying forward, and did not manage to get my left hand off the handlebar...my hand rolled forward under my wrist and caused my radius to snap in two about 1.5" below my wrist. The tip of my ulna also chipped and needless to say, I have not exactly been in the mood to work on my car or to even visit or post on the forums.

I had to have surgery as the fractured radius could not be stabilized enough with a splint or a cast to keep the reduction anywhere near 100% (meaning both bones anatomically joined correctly). We tried it, but within 4 days the bones had slipped apart by about 30% and that would not do, so, I had surgery about a week after the break, and I now have a titanium plate and screws in my left arm. The good news is I need no cast, only a removable splint, and I started rehab yesterday. It is amazing how stiff my hand, fingers and wrist got within just a few weeks.

Anyway, I planned to change out the alternator with Lextreme's high output one right after my bike ride on the day I broke my wrist, but that got postponed...I also planned to install the Kenne Bell Boost A Spark that day...although I am healing I still have 2 more weeks before the doctor will release me to drive, and I definitely am unable to wield a wrench right now. So I am paying a most excellent performance guru to finish it up for me. He needs another week or so before he can get on it. I am not driving anyway...

I will keep you updated on the progress as I get it done.

Here are a few pics of my arm:
In ER day of accident:

X-RAY of break:

Stitches about to be removed:

Case up of stitches:

After stitches removed, swelling is reducing...

Ryan
Old 08-14-12, 11:01 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch! Hope you feel better!

Not trying to bring back bad memories but didn't you get hit on your ten speed awhile back too??

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car Stage II