Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Soarin'

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-13, 09:15 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Any update on this thread? I would love to have the digital cluster in my SC.
Old 07-10-13, 02:33 PM
kapetajr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to use this as a Build log to keep track of the car as it goes through its different phases ( I change my mind constantly). This post is not in order at all so please bare with me.

Mark if i can find away to make the SC cluster work, I would let you know.

Since i bought the car, it sat for a couple months cause i was having a hard time finding insurance(rhd insurance in ON, is impossible and when you find it, you pay out the ***)

I bought some wheels.

I went through a couple of exhaust set ups

FIrst was the N1 it came with:

Obnoxiously loud pictured on Page 1, I traded that muffler for a Apexi WS2, with a 2.5 inch inlet.

I didn't have it welded on to the piping just used a 3 inch to 2.5 inch clamp held for about 2 days and thats when this happened. Going to pass someone on the highway hit boost, and blew the muffler off, messed up the hangers. Learned my lesson...lol

Collected some exhaust parts:

Vibrant metal core cat, Magnaflow 12249 muffler, 3 inch Y to 4 inch tips

took the car to René & Gitano at Centerline(best place in Ontario to get Fab work done IMO), exhaust came out amazing.

Also threw on a roof wing and a Sc400 trunk with wing.

Painted the valve covers and turbo piping( no idea wtf i was thinking). Valve covers looked horrible but whatever

exhaust clip:

will update with more progress later.

Last edited by kapetajr; 07-10-13 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-10-13, 04:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

I like that fabbed catback exhaust ... nice ! How much something like that cost you if I may ask ?
Old 07-10-13, 09:12 PM
kapetajr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gerrb
I like that fabbed catback exhaust ... nice ! How much something like that cost you if I may ask ?
Thanks, all in with muffler, tips, cat, it was about $800 canadian, I also had it vbanded before the y.

After the exhaust I installed and Safc, BCC and EBC, and that doomed to stock twins, drove it through the summer at 20psi, she hauled *** and held up surprisingly well. Winter came around tried and I give it a shot didn't last longer, bought a DD/winter beater e34 535i

Winter attempt ( didn't raise it up or use winter tires lol)

e34

Great car, drove amazingly. but too much clowning around it ended up with a broken pressure plate. Didn't want to deal with fixing it so I sold it spring 2012 and put the soarer back on the road.

I wanted to change up the tail lights but wasn't too fond of the 94-95 tails, and finding 97+ tails up here is damn near impossible, bought so red tint film and got rid of the orange turn signals and cut out the T-bar on the front bumper and installed newer USDM headlights with the correct beam pattern

A guy i know for the 240 forums made this a while ago..lol

Old 07-11-13, 08:05 PM
kapetajr
Pole Position

Winter this year picked up and e39 528i/5, sport package. Absolutely love this car, amazing in the snow. and just all around awesome car. Had it tinted, put in a sub, and a magna-flow muffler. Only maintenance i have had to do was a rad, water pump, tsat, belt, tensioner and Front abs sensors

Winter-mode

Spring/summer mode with the anti theft system keeping an eye out

Got rid of the style fives.

Sold the Rays rims, and got some Supra TT's and spacers.

Old Rays are now on a homeboy's GTE GS300. I kinder want them back now

Test fitted some SA3R's (i think), couldnt convince my buddy to sell them to me.

First week out this year rear turbo decide to retire and the fun stuff begins,
Old 07-11-13, 08:07 PM
kapetajr
Pole Position

Removed the compressor housings, and then the exhaust housings with the manifolds attached. one of my friends come over and got the last 2 bolts on the back turbo as I was ready to set the car on fire.

Comp housing and cartridges out.

Pass me the wrench dawg

I do not ever want to do this again. EVER!!!! Hats off to anyone who takes the twins off and has the courage to put them back on.

SIngle time, still have to get the manifold braced.

Test fitting a T88-34d,

stripped the paint off the valve covers, drilled and tapped for -10 an fittings. I thought about getting the polished but wrinkle black looks so much better IMO. Not bad for spray can stuff. Header paint was used on the Manifold.

Old 07-11-13, 08:32 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice Soarer.

Side note:
Originally Posted by RobStar86
RobStar86
What road is that in your signature?
Old 07-14-13, 12:31 PM
kapetajr
Pole Position

Did more clean up for the engine bay. Made a template for the gauge panel and relocated the radio to the glove box. Gauges are going to be boost, water temp, oil press, EGT, and wideband, panel will be either out sheet metal , abs or fiberglass

Last edited by kapetajr; 07-14-13 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-14-13, 03:34 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good.
Old 07-14-13, 05:02 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

looks good man, like those an fittings on the valve covers
Old 07-14-13, 05:27 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I like the second look of the valve covers better. The black just flows with any other color under the hood. Thats a big turbo for a 1JZ. I have forgotten all the other mods to support this. Care to explain or list again? What manifold did you go with this time? You going to wrap this with Titanium exhaust DEI wrap also? I would also do the wastegate dump tube and the DP. I cant wait to see the numbers this thing puts down. Glad to see another 1JZ in the house.
Old 07-15-13, 02:58 PM
kapetajr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jwin
Looking good.
Originally Posted by wirelesstj
looks good man, like those an fittings on the valve covers
Thanks Guys,

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I like the second look of the valve covers better. The black just flows with any other color under the hood. Thats a big turbo for a 1JZ. I have forgotten all the other mods to support this. Care to explain or list again? What manifold did you go with this time? You going to wrap this with Titanium exhaust DEI wrap also? I would also do the wastegate dump tube and the DP. I cant wait to see the numbers this thing puts down. Glad to see another 1JZ in the house.

The turbo is definitely way too big for my power goals, I am gonna run either an S363(88-75) or an S366. I may just gonna run it just too see how lazy it is, the only other supporting mod I will have is injectors, a meth kit and mapecu to handle the tuning, this all through a stock auto(switching to 5spd when auto gives up the ghost, I have to find a RHD specific Clutch Pedal),

Manifold is an unmodified DM unit, I am not sure about wrapping the manifold, but the DP and dump tube will be wrapped in the Titanium stuff for sure.

Small update:

Assembled the VC fittings with black nylon braided hose

Old 07-15-13, 03:02 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I really like those fittings. I wish I had done mine in all black ones. After seeing everyone's motor bays lately, I am thinking of making some changes on mine. Just more appealing to me and other JZ enthusiasts.
Old 07-15-13, 03:48 PM
kapetajr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I really like those fittings. I wish I had done mine in all black ones. After seeing everyone's motor bays lately, I am thinking of making some changes on mine. Just more appealing to me and other JZ enthusiasts.
Thanks, I am trying to keep the bay clean and simple, color will be the blue fittings, and a polished compressor housing. This is kind off what i am shooting for. Fittings are easy to resell you may loose a bit of $$$, but its to be expected, IMO you should get white fittings it would look really good in your bay, BTW Thanks for the TT it is going to work perfectly with as you can tell a couple posts up.

Last edited by kapetajr; 07-15-13 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-21-13, 03:45 PM
kapetajr
Pole Position

Patched up a hole in the engine bay (buddy of mine did the welding) that one of the previous owners ran intercooler piping through.

Before:

After:

just gotta make it pretty. Next up is relocation the BOV and re-do the cold side piping.

Last edited by kapetajr; 07-21-13 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Soarin'