Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Stockhatch's SC300 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-10, 12:21 PM
OaklandLex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Thanks all. Yeah the interior looked ok in pics, but had some really deep creases and a couple tears on the drivers bolster. I wanted really nice interior and the leather kits are so cheap I couldn't help myself lol.
Leather kits huh? Can you plz tell us more? I might as well do that too lol
Old 08-31-10, 01:09 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$80 for an R154...I hate you..j/k, but I do like the direction your taking this. Keep us posted.
Old 08-31-10, 02:30 PM
kwg
Lead Lap

wow thats clean, nice car
Old 08-31-10, 04:52 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Adam, sweet find man! R154 80 bucks-CLASSIC! lol, keep the pics coming!
Old 08-31-10, 05:03 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Yeah thanks guys. The r154 was a pure luck thing. A friend from work's son hooked me up on it for sure.

The leather was from leather-seats.com. I won a front/rear/armrest kit on ebay for $430 shipped. Not a perfect match color-wise, but VERY close, and better than cracks and tears.

The interior is fresh now and gets lots of compliments. Nobody believes its an 18 year old car. I have some floor mats coming, and will post pics once they come in. The ratty stockers really detract from the overall interior impression.

Once I get the swap in and running I will address wheels and a drop, but I have to save some more funds before I can do that.
Old 08-31-10, 05:12 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Yeah thanks guys. The r154

Once I get the swap in and running I will address wheels and a drop, but I have to save some more funds before I can do that.
what happends to the stock 2j? willing to trade or something i drove drove through nc/sc a week ago.
Old 08-31-10, 06:16 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Currently the stocker is still in the car. Something is up with it though. It loses coolant, recently developed a miss at idle, and threw a CEL the other morning. I think it has a BHG or something.

I knew the motor was questionable when I bought it, but it ran pretty well for a couple months at least. Hell it overheated and blew the radiator the day I test drove it LOL. Dealer put a new rad in it, and had a shop do a gas analyzer on the coolant. Said it passed and no HCs in the coolant, but I guess SOMETHING went...

Its just sitting for now while I prepare the swap motor. I plan to pull it the weekend after Labor Day.

So to make a long story longer, I doubt you would want it.
Old 09-01-10, 02:59 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

I ordered the Soarer shifter extension today. Man, there is a guy on Ebay trying to RAPE some peeps for those things. I paid $127 for both parts through Champion Toyota, and the Ebay guy wants $450 for them!!! Don't overpay people! Champion and Carson can both still get these parts for us.
Old 09-01-10, 03:26 PM
shammyhp23
Driver

clean clean clean
Old 09-01-10, 07:21 PM
jjffyy
Lead Lap

Yeah I seen that item on ebay.Its been for sale like forever!
Old 09-01-10, 07:33 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Clean ride man! So you're mating the mk3 r154 to a 2j, is that the reason you went with the shifter extension?

Nice fast progress!
Old 09-02-10, 04:21 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the comments, all!

Yeah the extension will keep the shifter in the stock location. It essentially turns the MKIII R154 into an early Soarer R154.

I started wiring last night. It does not look like its going to be too bad at all, but we will see when I hit the key LOL.
Old 09-03-10, 07:26 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Ok, so I drove the car to my parents house, (since I have invaded my dads shop to do my work). This was the last trip to be made with the GE, as I am pulling it this weekend. Well what does the car do in protest? It blows the heck up! LOL.

It has been acting kinda funny regarding temp fluctuations and losing coolant, so I suspected a HG, but there is no longer any question. It is now pluming white smoke and as you can see, the crankcase is full of coolant as well.

The car pegged the gauge right before I pulled into the yard, and would not stay running without pedaling it.

Here it is propped up for some work

And here we see where it puked itself in a major way...

What came out of the crankcase...

What is wanting so badly to go in...

More to come tomorrow. I hope to have the GE out tomorrow and do some serious wiring. Still waiting on oil pump and some other minor parts to show up.
Old 09-04-10, 02:19 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Ok, GE is out!

Next on the to do list:

Old 09-04-10, 08:28 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good man. I have to say that the 154 is a good call. My swap runs great, but everytime I think about upping the boost I know my TT Auto is sweating bullets. Ask if you have any questions on the Aristo motor. I saw your post on the EBV/Wastegate/TTC and it looks like you've got a handle on the pneumatic maze.

One question. The wiring? Without knowing your personal desire or technical acumen, I would say Dr. Tweak is a no brainer. It hurt my pride because I did everything else myself, but that was the best 500 bucks I ever spent.

Quick Reply: Stockhatch's SC300 build thread