Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My ´97 SC400

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-14, 06:10 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

hi!

driving is no problem, clutch works fine. the noise is since i installed the parts, the bearing was new, but over 1 year in my garage stored.

maybe i change to a ACT Clutch for the 3S-GTE or a Clutchmasters, or someone a good manufacturer for this setup? Or maybe change only the pressure plate if its possible, i wrote last week SPEC a e-mail, but until now no answer from them.

greets

Tom
Old 10-12-14, 11:24 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Today, new pictures

Old 10-12-14, 02:12 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Super clean SC! Great work on this car.
Old 11-10-14, 12:12 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Thank you!
Old 03-17-15, 03:47 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Hi!

Now, i have the right pressure plate, bought from a friend, is a Stage 5 Kit for a 3S-GTE. I use only the pressure plate, the disc is for the wall

To upgrade the passenger room, i bought a Lexus IS200 (yes 200) steering wheel from a facelift modell from europe. also ordered the airbag harness to connect this. And a black steering column to have the same color

for the center console is the black frame here with the black *****. the wood will i go in black to make the passenger room more modern, no grandsire style more

i hope i can start in 2 weeks to change the clutch parts and beginn to upgrade the passenger room

greets

Tom
Old 03-30-15, 01:47 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Hi!

last weekend, i had time to change the pressure plate from the W58 Kit to a Stage 5 3S-GTE pressure plate. Now, its looks much better, the bearing have better contact and the vibrations away the flywheel from boltperformance have 2 options. I think, one for the V6 Plate (and the W58 fits also) and the other one for the 3S Plate. To install the 3S plate, i
had to change the position of the 3 pins for the Plate, then fits the 3S without problems.

transmission out

W58 plate

2JZ-W58 vs 3S

Pin position change

3S-GTE plate

transmission return in my car

Old 03-30-15, 02:14 PM
Boergy
Advanced

now looking the springs from the plate better and the bearing is more pressed the clutch pedal feels now much better.

Gives maybe a better bleeder for a 3AN? This is not the best solution....

the driveshaft comes today to a driveshaft shop to balance new the 2 parts, tomorrow, i can pick up and install back in my SC

Next step, remove wood panels...on the doors, easy job, all nuts are firm, only the by the door opener, the are all loose

remove plastic screw in the glovebox.. tricky!

to remove the wood panel from the dash, remove the glovebox and the airbag, then its better to open the 3 nuts from the panel und the 3 screws from the glovebox-lock. I removed also the gauges, to press the clips with a flat screwdriver out from the dash.

a couple of screws and nuts

removed without break it!

bad clips beside the vents

nice details from the wood panel, very high quality parts!

The parts now by my friend to take black matt vinyl on the wood parts. Tomorrow, the parts back to install.

i modify also the gauges a second time, at first, i modified the AT to a MT cluster, i covered the shift lights with black vinyl. now i cover the "premium...." to have a symmetrical gauges.

Old 03-30-15, 02:25 PM
Boergy
Advanced

next step today: center console and steering wheel change

here, the original center console

black vs tan

changed the ***** and the signs to my modified module

back in black

next: remove steering wheel. remove the 2 covers left and right and open the 4 screws to remove the airbag. don´t forget to disconnect the battery before!

now without, it was easy to remove, open the 19mm nut and pull left/right/up and loose the wheel.

change the steering column cover to black

IS vs SC steering wheel

wheel installed, the horn plug fits perfect, is the same pin. here on the picture, the airbag adapter connected

connected

finished for today!

sorry for the bad pictures, only mobile phone and its night.

greets

Tom
Old 03-31-15, 10:32 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice progress Boergy. Think yours is one of my favourite build threads to follow. Very detailed and simple to follow, and I love all the pics. Keep it up!

..unfortunately I've sold my SC and am out of the game for now but who knows how long I'll stay out for lol
Old 04-01-15, 01:04 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Thanks!

why you sold your SC?

Today, i finished the interior with the black matt panels

i like it! maybe a black e-brake install or black e-brake and a ivory leather boot.

the drive shaft is back from the shop, one new joint, new bushing to diff, new balance and paint. costs here in austria 270 euro (~300 dollar)

at afternoon, i installed the driveshaft and the exhaust back on my car and done a short testdrive, out and in from my garage. the clutch feels now much better, but little vibriations again tomorrow, i fill the transmission oil and do a second time bleed the clutch lines and adjust the pedal new, and than, test drive! i hope, no snow tomorrow! the weather is this week crazy in europe. One day 15°C, next day storm, snow and max 5°C

Last edited by Boergy; 04-01-15 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-01-15, 09:26 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Needed the money unfortunately, sucks living in an expensive city..
Old 04-06-15, 01:59 AM
Sc400NL
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like it too Boergy
and yes a black e brake would complete the look i think

keep up the good work !
Old 04-26-15, 10:04 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Update

Last week, finally the figs subframe bushings arrived! very interesting, the bushings from SuperPro ok.. i thnk, the parts in australia cheaper as from figs.

To install is this easy, but for the front subrame bushings, i had use the car jack to lift the body from the frame.

front bushing install:

rear bushings are easy, only remove the original bushing and install the parts and washers

now feels the rear of the SC much more stable, on little drifts, the rear feels more controlled, by load change, the car does no bad thinks more, i like it! ok, with the suspension upgrades and the 2-way TRD LSD is this rear not really original

The W58 gearbox becomes a other oil. I changed to Mobil1 SHC 75w90 and 2 tubes of Liqui Moly MoS2 additiv. My gearbox had before singing bearings and shifts not smooth. little bit boney. After good 40km later, the sound is gone, the gearbox shifts smooth, like a original new gearbox!

Old 04-26-15, 10:06 AM
Boergy
Advanced

After all this mods, the car does also shake and vibrates from the drivetrain. I´m not really happy, is not original. Last idea, change the insulator from the gearbox. Today was the day of the change.

Original, near 120.000 kilometers.

oh... old removed... old vs. new

the new one is also compressed as the old one BUT no more shaking, no more vibrations!!! yeah! now drives the SC like a original MT car onyl on very low rpms, the sinter clutch discs does little bit shaking when i go return with little pressed clutch pedal or shift down in lower gears, if the rpms on idle speed. only for very short time. but with each mile, the clutch shift smoother

next days, i hope i have time to clean the car inside and outside
Old 04-29-15, 01:30 AM
Boergy
Advanced

today new black e-brake with boot installed

before

screws removed

position "screenshoot"

brown vs black

finished!

greets