Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

Jayhoang's LS460L Build Thread

Old 12-02-12, 05:08 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Jayhoang's LS460L Build Thread

Going to start an official build thread blog and keep it updated with my progress.
It'll be slow at first since it's winter here and a few more months before I can start actually doing stuff, but for now I'll be doing the little things here and there.

It's an 07 LS460L in Smoky Granite

You can check out the write up on my blog if interested - I post updates there as well.
http://www.lifewithjson.wordpress.com

First off - the day I got the car home.

The rear cooler

Old 12-02-12, 05:10 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Off to a great start!!!! Looking forward to another LS build thread! Mods before food FTW!! Lol
Old 12-02-12, 05:11 PM
farming
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahahaha, I was about to be the first to reply! Too slow I guess! Yea, I'm following your build thread in hopes a fellow vietnamese guy has some cool tricks up his sleeves. And with all the money you have, your car will be badass!
Old 12-02-12, 05:12 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Tonight I also did a simple, but effective "mod" - if you will with the headlights.
They were extremely oxidized and barely even useful. You could barely see the projectors.

First off - I took 1000grit sandpaper and wet sanded the more major and noticeable pitting and oxidation away.
Once I felt confident that the headlight was smooth enough, I took 2000grit sandpaper and wet sanded that down to make it even smoother.

Wiped away and you can see it looks pretty bad. But have no fear! It is scuffed up and actually just waiting to be beautiful again All that's needed is a polishing compound and either elbow grease or an orbital/rotary to help you out.

Polished up! Used Poorboys SSR2.5 and an orbital. All scuffs are gone and it's as smooth as butter.

December 9, 2012
Got some time to install the PS nav/dvd bypass today. Took about an hour. The radio unit was the biggest pain to remove, but all went well in the end. I'll be installing the air controller probably at the end of the month when I have more time!

The package.

First thing’s first – remove the side panels. Cake.

Remove the center console area. Cake.

Center console out.

IMG_0327 copy

This was where it got frustrating. The radio unit was in there good and it took a good half an hour for me to pull it out. You had to wiggle your hand in the back and pull a little corner in the front to get it out. But you needed one hard pull in order for it to work or else it didn’t even budge. My fingers feel busted. The back barely had any room, I feel sorry for anyone with big hands because there was no way that would’ve come out.

Here’s the pain in the *** piece that finally came out.

Nav piece out.

Now was the time to take the module and wire it together and plug it in. Nice little piece.

The back of the nav system with all the wires. I ended up plugging it in and wired it nicely. Everything went back within 5 minutes.

I ended up wiring it right near my leg so it was easy to just push. I’ve seen a lot of guys wire it near the heated seat controls and on the opposite side of where I did so it’s laying on the console but I wanted it to be nice and clean.

Popped in 2 Fast 2 Furious and the Scarface preview came on lol. Works like a charm! All in all, took about an hour. Can’t wait to install the air controller now!

EDIT December 12, 2012
Wheels ordered...
These are 19's with Super Black Coat optional finish.

The 21's will be step lip and Titan Silver finish. First set in North America confirmed.
4 Months ETA

Last edited by jayhoang; 12-13-12 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-02-12, 05:14 PM
CJITTY

Amazing work on those headlights man
Old 12-02-12, 05:15 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Off to a great start!!!! Looking forward to another LS build thread! Mods before food FTW!! Lol
Thanks! I've been checking out all your posts and you have a lot of informative threads going on! Keep up the great work with that.
My PS suspension controller and nav bypass should be here soon too!

Originally Posted by farming
Ahahaha, I was about to be the first to reply! Too slow I guess! Yea, I'm following your build thread in hopes a fellow vietnamese guy has some cool tricks up his sleeves. And with all the money you have, your car will be badass!
haha thanks man! I'm looking forward to this - super stoked to start a VIP car.
Old 12-02-12, 05:23 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by jayhoang
Thanks! I've been checking out all your posts and you have a lot of informative threads going on! Keep up the great work with that.
My PS suspension controller and nav bypass should be here soon too!

haha thanks man! I'm looking forward to this - super stoked to start a VIP car.
Awesome man. My posts may be long...but I would rather provide more info that folks can review based on my particular experiences. Majority of folks on here simply dont take the time to do that..some do but I wish more folks would..you seem like the type to provide great info and I look forward to what you have in store!
Old 12-02-12, 05:26 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Awesome man. My posts may be long...but I would rather provide more info that folks can review based on my particular experiences. Majority of folks on here simply dont take the time to do that..some do but I wish more folks would..you seem like the type to provide great info and I look forward to what you have in store!
No I love informative posts personally. I feel the same - If I'm going to help people, I'll help out the best I can.

I did see your thread on the controller - I have a quick question regarding it...
Does it really take 3-5 minutes to go all the way down or all the way back up?
Old 12-02-12, 05:38 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by jayhoang
No I love informative posts personally. I feel the same - If I'm going to help people, I'll help out the best I can.

I did see your thread on the controller - I have a quick question regarding it...
Does it really take 3-5 minutes to go all the way down or all the way back up?
On my car it takes about 1 to 2 minutes tops..I have not experienced it taking long at all. ..I dont think my air susp parts are any different than a 460s..its not instant like an aftermarket bag system. Put it this way..when I am about a minute from parking at a car meet..I set mine to Memory 5 which is set for level 8 front and 6 rear and by the time I back into the space..I am already at the level desired. I have AWD..therefore I cannot dump as low up front as the rwd 460s
Old 12-02-12, 07:30 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck on the build and great job on the headlights.
Old 12-02-12, 10:51 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the sweet ride, and looking forward to another build thread! Awesome quality pics you've taken as well.

Last edited by adamls2; 12-03-12 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-03-12, 06:28 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

great job on the headlights.. for a lil extra protection look into getting them painted with a clear coat.. it will prevent them from turning back as well as adding some material back the lens... but after its done wet sand an buff em again... now when you wax your car you can do the headlights too for extra bug protection.. i do all of my cars this way. my gs lasted 8ys.. LS is going on 2.. fyi i did my fogs too... i figured it couldnt hurt...

keep up the great work!!!!
Old 12-04-12, 06:58 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Thanks guys!

Shibumi1 - I usually just put 3M on it so I don't have to worry about clearing it again. Neat idea though!

Also - I'm kind of regretting the purchase of the PS air controller. I "should" have done my research more thoroughly, but it seems it doesn't quite lower it as much as I'd like it to. Haven't really seen an LS that can tuck the top part of the rim.

I'm thinking of just returning it and going full air runner. I thought I read somewhere that there is a bolt on kit for the LWB models... or am I mistaken?
Or go with Universal Air Suspension... I'm still trying to figure this whole air suspension thing out. Especially with the LWB and it's stock air suspension. Would I need new struts or can it stock stuff be used?

If anyone knows - that'd be great!

Last edited by jayhoang; 12-04-12 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-04-12, 10:02 AM
CJITTY

What? Did you go into super low mode?? It will dump your car very low so what exactly are you trying to do? If you dont know about super low mode..read the data systems info thread I created. In that mode..the car is so low that it won't roll. If you have all wheel drive..it will not go as low as rwd only models. Thats only an issue for front wheels on awd

Last edited by CJITTY; 12-04-12 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-04-12, 10:08 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

What? Did you go into super low mode?? It will dump your car very low so what exactly are you trying to do? If you dont know about super low mode..read the data systems info thread I created. In that mode..the car is so low that it won't roll. If you have all wheel drive..it will not go as low as rwd only models. Thats only an issue for front wheels on awd
Sorry should have stated - I know about super low mode.
I've read all your threads and everyone elses, but the lowest it goes is just enough to tuckt he top of the rim. I want it to tuck all of it and sit on the frame.

Unless everyone that has posted "thinks" they're in super low mode, all pics I've seen in that mode aren't as low as an aftermarket kit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jayhoang's LS460L Build Thread