***Budget Build: Project43***

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-09, 01:15 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06~ULTRA
throw up some more pics.

Shot at the San Ramon community college parking lot when the brakes first went on. Checked for leaks, all was good. I was hoping the black e-coated rotors would stay black.. but maybe somebody would develop non fading black rotors.

Daddy/daughter day in Japantown. Took the day off to celebrate Emma's 3rd bday. Stopped by Fatlace, chopped it up with Kenny and pick-up some fresh gear. Parked inside the garage and had lunch followed by more fun at the book store. You can see the vinyl wrap clearer in this photo.
Old 09-01-09, 01:47 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very clean! If you didn't mind me asking what your wheel specs are and tire size your running? I like the stretch on the wheels.........
Old 09-01-09, 01:51 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

another question, how much fender work is done on the front...and is the rear just rolled?
Old 09-01-09, 01:57 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by junjdm
very clean! If you didn't mind me asking what your wheel specs are and tire size your running? I like the stretch on the wheels.........

i dun mind at all homie

20x9.5 +30............225/35 Toyo Proxes
20x10.5 +35..........245/35 Toyo Proxes

Sacrifice for driving low:
Old 09-01-09, 02:00 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

another question, how much fender work is done on the front...and is the rear just rolled?
Front and Rear fender lips shaved off. That's it.

Rears are perfect no rubbing at all. Infact I could possible run a +30mm at the current stance.

Fronts I rub when I am turning and there is too much load. If I take it easy, its all good. The fronts are more aggressive than the rears.
Old 09-01-09, 02:08 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Solo, this is the first time seeing the car... LOVE IT and we've got to talk soon I didnt realize you'll be doing something I was planning on .... PICS soon!!

car looks very dope!
Old 09-01-09, 02:10 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by solo
Front and Rear fender lips shaved off. That's it.

Rears are perfect no rubbing at all. Infact I could possible run a +30mm at the current stance.

Fronts I rub when I am turning and there is too much load. If I take it easy, its all good. The fronts are more aggressive than the rears.
thanks for sharing, so your sayin you can run 1 more inch spacer in the rear and be ok? your rear looks flush....and esp your front! I'm lovin it! Do you work for FATLACE or something?

sorry for so many questions, but are you running spacers on the front or rear right now?
Old 09-01-09, 02:17 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

thanks for sharing, so your sayin you can run 1 more inch spacer in the rear and be ok? your rear looks flush....and esp your front! I'm lovin it! Do you work for FATLACE or something?

sorry for so many questions, but are you running spacers on the front or rear right now?

What Im saying is I could run a 5mm spacer in the rear and still clear without any rubbing. Not a whole inch.

Fronts are maxed out.
No, I am not running any spacers.

I do not work for Fatlace, but he is a good friend. The Norcal Import community is very tight group of peeps.

hope this is clear.
btw, what sizes are you rocking? did you sell the Eurolines yet?..
Old 09-01-09, 02:18 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
Solo, this is the first time seeing the car... LOVE IT and we've got to talk soon I didnt realize you'll be doing something I was planning on .... PICS soon!!

car looks very dope!

Thanks DOO. What do you have planned?..
Old 09-01-09, 02:31 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks DOO. What do you have planned?..
LOOONG talk tonight!
Old 09-01-09, 02:53 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

What Im saying is I could run a 5mm spacer in the rear and still clear without any rubbing. Not a whole inch.

Fronts are maxed out.
No, I am not running any spacers.

I do not work for Fatlace, but he is a good friend. The Norcal Import community is very tight group of peeps.

hope this is clear.
btw, what sizes are you rocking? did you sell the Eurolines yet?..
Ok, I was about to say, I didn't think you could run another inch...haha. 5mms would honestly still be ok, might give you a little poke. But lovin the front fitment....esp since you didn't have to pull? Eurolines are sold....and working on something now, I plan to put 20's on, but for right now I'm rocking the stock 18" chromeys. Yes FATLACE is awesome....lovin what they are doing.....
Old 09-01-09, 03:53 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

i love the white BBK against the dark wheels.
someone please explain this vinyl wrap to me... like why & what it's for exactly...? thanks
Old 09-01-09, 04:02 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 96SC4
i love the white BBK against the dark wheels.
someone please explain this vinyl wrap to me... like why & what it's for exactly...? thanks

Vinyl wrapping is just all fun and games. Recently there has been a strong push of matte black cars, some painted and some vinyl wrapped. I saw a Matte White painted Bentley at last years SEMA show and wanted to try that idea. Paint would be my first choice, but the Lexus pearl paint is so damn nice and I would hate to loose that. So Vinyl was the direction to go for total flexibility of going back to stock if I needed to.

Hope that helps. Thx!
Old 09-01-09, 04:12 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

The car will be dropped off this coming Saturday at East Bay Muscle Cars in Brentwood for the custom Exhaust. Steve is the owner and they build complete custom cars in their shop. If anybody is in need of custom work, give Steve a call and tell him Solomon recommended you. Steve built one of the illest '70 Mustang in the Bay Area. It is actually a major winner at the Goodguys events and magazine car.

Check it out: East Bay Muscle Cars

My exhaust will be completely custom, 4) StainlessV-band clamps, X-pipe, Exhaust tubing, mufflers, manderal bends and hangers. Full Tig welded system. No cheap POS here.

Build pictures to come next week. Maybe a YouTube video.
Old 09-01-09, 04:54 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Vinyl wrapping is just all fun and games. Recently there has been a strong push of matte black cars, some painted and some vinyl wrapped. I saw a Matte White painted Bentley at last years SEMA show and wanted to try that idea. Paint would be my first choice, but the Lexus pearl paint is so damn nice and I would hate to loose that. So Vinyl was the direction to go for total flexibility of going back to stock if I needed to.

Hope that helps. Thx!
ohhhh OK, gotcha now. I'm definitely a fan of the painted matte black/primer cars(low riders, hotrods, etc.). I never knew there was a vinyl wrap for it. Matte white is definitely a fresh new idea(for me at least), never saw matte white in person. Keep it up! I really like it when people do things right on a strict budget. Got to have more respect for them than people who have all the $ to do what the F they want. Props to you.

Quick Reply: ***Budget Build: Project43***