Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My Shine Auto Project Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-09, 12:09 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
The real stuff has an "Auto Couture" mark printed in the fiberglass covered by resin visible from the inside of the body part.
thank you! I was getting a bit worried! i was just talking with a few SC owners down in socal and i didnt even know that there was a replica for the a/c kit?
Old 07-24-09, 01:01 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rvaquino
I say go with the spoiler-less look, i think it looks hot with the AC style look.
Originally Posted by vinh
agreed spoiler-less looks real good. Lower your car more too, it will make the lines of the AC kit look a lot more aggressive and sleek.

Its funny because I just noticed that many of the guys who has the 1997+ spoiler happens to dislike it.

Though, personally I am trying to get a sportier look as opposed to the VIP-like slammed look with stretched tires, I do want to lower it further about 1/2 an inch or so and space it out with a 5mm spacer in the front and a 10mm in the back. I got my buddy to mildly roll my both my fronts and rears last week.

Moreover, drivability is an issue as well. I want to keep my front bumper intact. Also, I don't have a camber kit and my rear negative camber is at -1.7 and I am still able to squeeze out 20,000+ miles. So far, my harness has been untouched for the last couple years too.

Ideally, I wish it is as flush and low as JameN's

Or like CleanSC's Wald Executive NA-T SC300

In other words, I want to be as low and as flush as a regular size 265 wide tire on a 9.5" wheel permits. I am pretty sure both of those cars have a Daizen camber kit.

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
Jerry I do remember meeting you a while back at Jay's BBQ meet when we went out to take some pics but not to bring ill thoughts onto this thread but I was a bit angry when you wrote on a thread title to another VERY good friend of mine and member here on CL regarding their kit (being a replica) and saying its the real thing... im happy you chose to say "shine" rather than "A/C" I actually talked with him quite a bit and I was not angry when he bought it because he said he wouldn't say what he had, but when you created that thread more people are thinking otherwise and that was not right ... actually vented to him and called him on that already

-David

PS im actually on my way to getting another SC and there was a kit for sale here in vegas that was A/C.... im a bit worried now that it may be a knock off.... how can i tell otherwise? mind pmming me your number? Id love to talk to you about making sure I wont get scammed and buying your vertex trunk spoiler!
Hey David,

I remember you. We had that little meet street out in the City of Industry after meet. I am pretty sure I know exactly who you are talking about without mentioning any names.

I don't think there any complete replica kits out there yet. The real AC kit has the logo glassed over and so does the Shine.

Oh as for the Vertex spoiler, it was sold last week and has been shipped already

Originally Posted by dsouth
Where can I get these goodies from? Have a hook-up?
For me, I know the marketing guy, Logan, at Work Wheels since I have worked with them on some photography stuff.

I know that they give that stamp metal plate if you buy a complete set of brand new wheels. I don't know how much a shop would sell it for. Try giving them a call.

Last edited by xknowonex; 07-24-09 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-24-09, 02:05 AM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant wait to see the finished project
Old 07-24-09, 06:52 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm another 97+ spoiler hater. IMO, you can't go wrong with the 96- trunk lip. One of the classiest wings ever made.

Good luck with the build! Glad to see this is back on track.
Old 07-24-09, 07:03 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i hate my 97 spoiler i whish some one would trade me already
Old 07-24-09, 08:23 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

can't wait to see how this kit fits, I've always heard people have to modify the AC kits to make them fit right anways, so buying a replica shouldn't be too big a deal..
Old 07-24-09, 01:40 PM
prodigy95
Driver

man the suspense on this project is killing me
Old 07-24-09, 05:30 PM
Black Fire
Lead Lap

Ive just killed myself. Now look what you have done for lack of pics!!!
Old 07-24-09, 07:43 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

i hate and love james car at the same time. I love it in that its SUPER FRICKEN AWESOME, but hate it in that every time i see it, it makes me want to spend loads more money.

Your car is going to come out great man, especially with the color of your car. Its going to look straight gangsta.
Old 07-24-09, 08:53 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Subscribed for info...

Originally Posted by aka paco
can't wait to see how this kit fits, I've always heard people have to modify the AC kits to make them fit right anways, so buying a replica shouldn't be too big a deal..
Where did you always hear this at before Shine came out with their kit? Before the shine kit I never heard mention of people having to modify AC Kits to make them fit.

OP I tried to keep this on track but really couldn't plus I'm tipsy ha ha......mods delete if necessary.
Old 07-24-09, 09:34 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
Subscribed for info...

OP I tried to keep this on track but really couldn't plus I'm tipsy ha ha......mods delete if necessary.

LoL I waish I was on ur level right now
Old 07-25-09, 03:21 AM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

You lil' wanna be........hahha.. JERRY!!! Do your thing... I wanna see this done. Let me know if you want cheaper prices on paint... Crazy Gideon style.

Last edited by camberSC; 07-25-09 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-25-09, 08:40 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vinh
i hate and love james car at the same time. I love it in that its SUPER FRICKEN AWESOME, but hate it in that every time i see it, it makes me want to spend loads more money.

Your car is going to come out great man, especially with the color of your car. Its going to look straight gangsta.
Who's James?
Old 07-25-09, 09:51 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by raine
Who's James?
i love/hate james car for reasons stated. but think jerry's car will look straight gangsta as well.
Old 07-25-09, 03:36 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shern
I'm another 97+ spoiler hater. IMO, you can't go wrong with the 96- trunk lip. One of the classiest wings ever made.

Originally Posted by shern

I spent countless hours comparing pictures and I just made the decision to not run any spoilers. I saw another black slammed SC w/ Gold Work Wheels spoilerless at Cars and Coffee today and that sealed the deal.

Everyone from my ex girlfriend (what does she know? lol) to my best friend all suggested that I remain spoilerless so spoilerless it is.

However, while spoilerless in the back, I will still run the genuine Vertex bonnet spoiler that I bought from LuxuryMods from a year ago.

I am not sure if its discontinued but it is no longer on Vertex site.

Originally Posted by camberSC
You lil' wanna be........hahha.. JERRY!!! Do your thing... I wanna see this done. Let me know if you want cheaper prices on paint... Crazy Gideon style.
Haha. Very soon! I was going to take it today but I am very unsure about one last detail - the fender rolling job - and I definitely want that to be taken cared of before it gets painted.

I don't know much about fitment, rolling fenders ecetera so I am going to need your guys help. I recently got a buddy of mine with an Eastwood fender roller at his work to roll my fenders. The roll cracked the paint and left very minor dimples but thats not an issue since he knows that I am getting the car resprayed. However, compared to some of the other cars out there that I have seen, the roll seems very mild. Some of the cars out there seems to have its lip rolled perfectly flat like an edge of the soup can.

Granted, I am not dumping this car like some of the other SCs on here but I do plan on dropping 1/2 - 1 inch and toss in a 5mm and 10mm spacer and hopefully have a stance similar to JamesN or CleanSC as shown in the pictures a couple of posts up.

Here are some of the pictures of the roll job:

Fronts

Rears

What do you guys think? Should I try to take it elsewhere to flatten it more or should that be enough to accomodate my needs?

Quick Reply: My Shine Auto Project Build Thread