Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My Shine Auto Project Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 08:51 AM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xknowonex

2 weeks. Have you gone over there yet? I am waiting on my fogs, side moldings, and 1997+ spoiler to arrive and I am getting very irate since my emails and calls have gone unanswered. I will leave a nice feedback on eBay.

That kit looks proper, that fiberglass looks like it can take some damage. I never seen fiberglass bend or twist like that before. I was reading on the Shine forums and saw some fitment pics of the kit on the SC, I gotta say I'm pretty impressed.

I can see why you sold me the 97+ conversion kit. I might have to jump on this band wagon too, sometime down the line when I need to change it up. I really like the AC look, but really couldnt afford it.

No, I haven't had the time to check out them out. I had to use a bodyshop by my place, my buddy referral them so hopefully I'll be satisfied with their work. Did you get your fogs/grill and other parts on Ebay from dude in Florida?

Last edited by 6SOARER; 07-23-09 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-23-09, 11:02 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Twan0690
xknownonex, out of curiosity, what kind of wheels are those?
Work Rezax II w/ DDC Lip. One of the ver few Japanese wheels that have a forged face

No, I haven't had the time to check out them out. I had to use a bodyshop by my place, my buddy referral them so hopefully I'll be satisfied with their work. Did you get your fogs/grill and other parts on Ebay from dude in Florida?
I just got a message back from them on Ebay. Apparently UPS messed up and delayed the packages but its out for delivery as we speak. I hope to get in this week but the family beater is having a coolant leak.

Last edited by xknowonex; 07-23-09 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-23-09, 01:27 PM
mrhappi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KingSoarer
Elitist Yeah sorry it was 4am over here, should have said AC copy
Now there is no need to call me what I definitely am not. I just stated why not give credit to the original manufacturer for their hard work and incredible design. Take a copy for all I care, just don't steal the name too.

Sorry Jerry, continue on to the thread.
Old 07-23-09, 02:22 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrhappi
Now there is no need to call me what I definitely am not. I just stated why not give credit to the original manufacturer for their hard work and incredible design. Take a copy for all I care, just don't steal the name too.

Sorry Jerry, continue on to the thread.
Yea, I think naming this project / body kit can be a little problematic.

Calling it an AutoCouture knock-off/replica can stir things up with some purists and make the kit sounds like its a 500 dollar eBay kit, which it is far from it.

Calling it a Shine Auto Project kit would give Shine the credit of coming up with the original design, especially when most people outside of the Lexus and VIP community have probably never heard of either Shine or Auto Couture.

Hypothetically, if there are enough Shine kits floating around, those that are not familiar with it would just credit Shine for designing it, very much like how people recognize TrafficStars are Axis Milanos. Just a thought.

Anyhow, on my day off from work, I wasted an entire morning waiting for this package.

The 1997+ fogs need a little buffing

The 1997+ spoiler and door moldings. Sadly, I am still undecided on using the spoiler. Indecisive person I am

And for some finishing touches, the guys over at Work Wheels who are followers of my photography blog was nice enough to give me a goodie bag

Last but not least, I gotta sport the RVCA clothing griffin crest. My favorite clothing company of all time

Old 07-23-09, 02:32 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Just call it a "Shine Auto Project" body kit. DONE =D
Old 07-23-09, 02:47 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by raine
Just call it a "Shine Auto Project" body kit. DONE =D
Its been a done deal. I made the necessary changes so the some dont get all worked up.

I love the RVCA crest. The guys over at WORK are great people and nice enough to send you a goodie bag. Now that's customer service I can appreciate.
Old 07-23-09, 02:56 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, glad to see you got your stuff
Old 07-23-09, 06:19 PM
DY3VERSITY
Lexus Test Driver

I say go with the spoiler-less look, i think it looks hot with the AC style look.
Old 07-23-09, 06:21 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rvaquino
I say go with the spoiler-less look, i think it looks hot with the AC style look.
agreed spoiler-less looks real good. Lower your car more too, it will make the lines of the AC kit look a lot more aggressive and sleek.
Old 07-23-09, 06:55 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ agreed! NO 97+ spoiler.................
Old 07-23-09, 07:26 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

And for some finishing touches, the guys over at Work Wheels who are followers of my photography blog was nice enough to give me a goodie bag

Where can I get these goodies from? Have a hook-up?
Old 07-23-09, 09:36 PM
Drewbeeee
Pole Position

awh come on !
more picss !
pics pics pics !
hm hm hm ?
Old 07-23-09, 09:56 PM
buchum
Intermediate

Can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 07-23-09, 10:59 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

Jerry I do remember meeting you a while back at Jay's BBQ meet when we went out to take some pics but not to bring ill thoughts onto this thread but I was a bit angry when you wrote on a thread title to another VERY good friend of mine and member here on CL regarding their kit (being a replica) and saying its the real thing... im happy you chose to say "shine" rather than "A/C" I actually talked with him quite a bit and I was not angry when he bought it because he said he wouldn't say what he had, but when you created that thread more people are thinking otherwise and that was not right ... actually vented to him and called him on that already

-David

PS im actually on my way to getting another SC and there was a kit for sale here in vegas that was A/C.... im a bit worried now that it may be a knock off.... how can i tell otherwise? mind pmming me your number? Id love to talk to you about making sure I wont get scammed and buying your vertex trunk spoiler!
Old 07-23-09, 11:46 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ay-nako

PS im actually on my way to getting another SC and there was a kit for sale here in vegas that was A/C.... im a bit worried now that it may be a knock off.... how can i tell otherwise? mind pmming me your number? Id love to talk to you about making sure I wont get scammed and buying your vertex trunk spoiler!
The real stuff has an "Auto Couture" mark printed in the fiberglass covered by resin visible from the inside of the body part.

Quick Reply: My Shine Auto Project Build Thread