Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

My australian GS300 VIP Project VERTEX

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-09, 03:41 PM
AUSgsVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My australian GS300 VIP Project VERTEX

Hello to everyone that contributes on this forum, i have used so much of the information on here to build my project, so just a big thankyou to all the people who answer questions and give there time to share some knowledge!!!!

Get to the project ayyyyyyyyyy, well i bought a gs300 lexus with the intentions of building a 1000ps monster but i soon realised that i couldnt hack up the drivability of this delicious car so i pussied out and decided to build a full on no expense spared VIP street car so far the mods are piling up but i wont go into everything until the car is out of the shop.

There is not much aftermarket support for the GS in aus so i have to order most of my bits from japan or america.... any body want to sell me thier wing mirror? i broke mine

well i hope u like it so far, im only 22 so i hope my taste isnt offensive to the vip nuts out there

yeah well so far the body mods consist of:

Genuine full vertex bodykit 4 piece
Led tail lights/ boot lights
Custom tripple arctic white pearl
Shaved boot spoiler
HID Halo headlights
HID fog Lights
Black wondow tint
Flared Gaurds front/back

So far i havent chosen the rims for it but i am debating between MHT vendetta in white with chrome lip, or black in chrome lip. or something very similar to these rims, i want 20's, also if anyone knows about suspension with 20's can u tell me how low i can drop the springs without ride/scrubbing issues
as i dont really want airbags just yet, or if coilovers are really bumpy cause i wouldnt like that cause aus roads are ****

picture:::

I will continue to update this thread as my workshop guy sends me more pics, but the car should be finished in 2 weeks!!!! wooot
Old 04-28-09, 04:21 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

gotta roll coilovers man.... I'm not a fan of MHT wheels but if I had to choose, I'd do the white with chrome lip and have your guy match the white to the car.
Old 04-28-09, 05:14 PM
UpstateLex
Lexus Test Driver

none of those mods scream VIP...
Old 04-28-09, 05:20 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Vertex is not VIP. A drop on springs is not VIP. But that doesn't mean you can't build a nice car. The body work is looking good.
Old 04-28-09, 05:22 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Vertex is more sporty..
But i love the vertex kit!

Coilovers or Air
Old 04-28-09, 05:34 PM
AUSgsVIP
Driver School Candidate

mmm i warned you about my taste..... well i like the vertex kit the best cause it looks like it was actually designed with the car, instead of a kit that just looks big and out dated, for me vip translates to a image of in fashion and new, hence making my car look as updated as possible.
im going for australian vip not bippu style people.

anyway keep the feedback coming, i want to know why i should go coilovers, money is not the problem it is ride comfort. i have 3 other cars a s13 a bmw and a delica. the s13 is my drift hack and it has coilovers plus every adjustable suspension mod out there and i gotta say i got them to slide not for ride comfort!! which is ****!!!.... i just want to keep it low but i also dont want to sacrafice the handling to airbags, i dont like boats.

So if somone can recommend me a coilover which is soft enough to handle what i want then please do, please tell me what you guys are running with 20's
Old 04-28-09, 05:50 PM
AUSgsVIP
Driver School Candidate

just asking is there any other australian member on this forum?????
Old 04-28-09, 05:52 PM
UpstateLex
Lexus Test Driver

there a few other australian heads on the board
Old 04-28-09, 06:40 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to CL and good luck with your project! Don't worry too much about being "VIP" or "VIP style", do what you like with the car and don't stress about labeling it this or that. A clean car doesn't have to fit neatly into one category or another.
Old 04-28-09, 07:28 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

From my personal experience, the Tein CSv2 coilovers ride is very compliant. Not extremely hard or soft...it's just right. Very smooth and still handles decently well for what it is. There are a few other brands and models out there that are designed more for ride compliance than all out maximum handling. You just need to do your research.
Old 04-28-09, 07:37 PM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to CL! Post pics asap!
Old 04-28-09, 08:31 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck
Old 04-28-09, 08:36 PM
V8RdnLow
Lexus Champion

Welcome to CL! Can't wait to see finished pics
Old 04-28-09, 09:12 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vertex VIP...schwut?
Old 04-29-09, 01:11 AM
burma
Pole Position

Hey Mate
Looking good. Yea i wouldnt go springs cause im sure you want to be low and coilovers would give a much better ride quality than springs with stock shocks because the dampers are designed to work with the springs in a coilover. Theres not much choices for coilovers in Australia which are inexpensive. Tein coils are re-configurated by Fulcrum suspensions for aussie roads so they would be pretty comfortable.
Theres a few aussie members on here, too bad your in QLD, would be good to see badass GS's cruising Sydney city

Quick Reply: My australian GS300 VIP Project VERTEX