Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

VIP-inspired Widebody SC300 Build/Teaser Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-09, 11:29 AM
DRFTSC400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did that same harness tuck. Worked out great for me too. A little electrical wrap here, a lil electrical tape there, and last but not least our best favorite accessory.... ZIP TIES!!! lol
Old 06-22-09, 12:23 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BeanTWNSC3
I would seriously recommend not using "push-in" fittings right off your bags(more tendency to leak)...and definitely don't use conventional airlines right up to the bags in the wheel wells. Use some high pressure hydraulic lines in the wheel well area as that will take the most abuse for movement and road debris. Steel braided lines are "ok" if need be. Just looking out for ya...as I did that setup a loonnngg time ago and it caused many headaches.
i dunno.. i like instant fittings a lot more than the screw type. theyre easier to work with and have less leak issues from my experience. the lines are protected with techflex, and if the slim chance of them incurring damage happens theyre not hard to change out. same with the fittings - theyre cheap enough to where if they leak its not a problem to change them out. i dont drive much, so its not a huge issue. i appreciate the concern though.
Old 06-22-09, 03:37 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Kohinoor;4620654]i dunno.. i like instant fittings a lot more than the screw type. theyre easier to work with and have less leak issues from my experience. the lines are protected with tech flex, and if the slim chance of them incurring damage happens they're not hard to change out. same with the fittings - theyre cheap enough to where if they leak its not a problem to change them out. i dont drive much, so its not a huge issue. i appreciate the concern though.[/QUOTE

No worries, I love instant fitting also...and they are super cheap, but if this aint a daily than fawk it. If your running your front lines inside the car than I wouldn't worry too much at all. Your cars gonna be ridiculous either way! Cant wait to see it all said n done
Old 06-23-09, 07:49 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

worked on it quite a bit more last night. cleaned up the wiring and raised the perches in the front. the rear can go quite a bit lower, but it would look unbalanced i think.

all up

all down

ride height 85psi F 55psi R. it rides ok now. still need to play around with everything to get it to ride better.

completed wiring. easystreet makes everything so much easier with their autopilot digital kit. id be pulling my hair out with traditional valves/solenoids. i still need to mount the tank. i need another piece of wood for that though. this is all temporary until my audio system goes in.
Old 06-23-09, 07:59 AM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Lookin' good! Those PSI #'s look about what we used to run on our SC...

Beauty of a hybrid setup, you can simply adjust the position of the bag to achieve better ride quality.
Old 06-23-09, 05:52 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

test fitted my wheels just now. i shouldve done this a long time ago lol. i never thought it would fit like this - from my measurements they were gonna stick out for sure. now i know i was wrong. the front looks PERFECT. i dont even need the widebody anymore, but i doubt id be able to get a refund when it comes to port tomorrow haha. oh well, maybe ill throw some meatier tires on and some crazy spacers.

Old 06-23-09, 05:59 PM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn that looks so GOOD! I'm speechless.
Old 06-23-09, 06:27 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn, that's hot!
Old 06-23-09, 07:51 PM
ecstaticSC
Racer

Wow! Great looking SC!
Old 06-23-09, 08:00 PM
dis 4 duc

MORE CAMBER! looking good
Old 06-23-09, 08:03 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think about how much more lip you could pull off with the Ridge kit you have on the way

...INCHES...
Old 06-23-09, 08:09 PM
buffalosoj
Pole Position

Looks awesome. Can't wait to see it with the widebody treatment.
Old 06-23-09, 08:28 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Thats it right there. You've got it down perfect. I wouldnt even play with the camber. Your fitment could not be more perfect. Those rear fenders look great. Do you happen to have a picture of what the inner wells look like? Im having issues with mine. In your pictures with the wheels on, what psi are you sitting at? (Feel free to shoot me a PM with the answer)
Old 06-23-09, 08:28 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Bersaglio FTW!!! Makes me reconsider staying stock body with over fenders.
Old 06-23-09, 08:47 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Thats it right there. You've got it down perfect. I wouldnt even play with the camber. Your fitment could not be more perfect. Those rear fenders look great. Do you happen to have a picture of what the inner wells look like? Im having issues with mine. In your pictures with the wheels on, what psi are you sitting at? (Feel free to shoot me a PM with the answer)

thanks i really wish it could stay this way, but i need spacers in the front to run supra tt calipers so i might as well go all the way with the widebody like i intended. i dont have a pic but i can take one for you tomorrow if you want. there was some air, maybe 20-25 psi in the rear at that height (but it was sitting on the tire and couldnt go lower) and 0 in the front.

Quick Reply: VIP-inspired Widebody SC300 Build/Teaser Thread