Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Zinda’s IS350 Project Log

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-09, 09:03 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zinda’s IS350 Project Log

Ever since my accident the mod bug has hit me to try to make my IS350 feel special. Anyways, I will keep this thread updated so you guys could follow my progress and maybe even help me out a bit. I run a stock IS-350 but I avidly read about the modifications that you guys have done to your babies. So I was hoping you guys would be able to help me in this regard.

List of items so far:
· Red Outs
o http://www.rvinyl.com/redout/kits/is350.htm
· Hardwiring my Valentine1

o https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...full-post.htmlAny of you guys have any ideas for me? You know more than me and I want a sick looking ride so please do suggest.

I am trying to find a body kit I like but I am having trouble deciding which one is best for me. I also want matching HID/FOGS. I want a close to oem look with the lighting but something sharp and preferably no color.

Last edited by Zinda; 03-02-09 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-01-09, 10:04 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

ermms u can try the 5k HID and Fogs.... and you can actually buy my unpainted Tom's Rear.... with GFX Fronts.. and some sides... would look great!! matching tints would be a plus just my $0.02 though....
Old 03-01-09, 10:21 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If want a sick ride, its easy. Go with Ings+1 or wald kit. Visors (depending on your taste), roof spoiler, wald spoiler, HKS HI-power exhaust, maybe side mirrors, JL system, and 19" GT30 with sicka$$ offsets. If your pockets are really deep, get air-runners. lolz.. Hmm I dont know if the Cheetah GPS mirrors are worlth it cause our cars already come with the redline guages. Well have fun and GL with the mods, keep us udated!!
Old 03-01-09, 11:32 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

With 3 different radar detector/laser jammer devices on your wish list, you're either very paranoid or you get a lot of tickets...

Javier
Old 03-01-09, 12:35 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

if your gonna go with hids with no color...then I would drop the idea of the blue tint overlays..never been a fan of them anyway...but as acefalcon2 says..+1 on the 5K hids..close to oem color you can get with a nice tinge to it.....Either way pick and choose what you like on other peeps rides then make it your own. Have Fun!!!!
Old 03-01-09, 02:27 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

With 3 different radar detector/laser jammer devices on your wish list, you're either very paranoid or you get a lot of tickets...

Javier
Nope, no tickets but a real hatred towards cops.

Visors (depending on your taste)
Which ones do you think are the best?

JL system
What is a JL system?

if your gonna go with hids with no color...then I would drop the idea of the blue tint overlays..never been a fan of them anyway
Will the overlays signifigantly change the color? I was thinking perhaps I will buy them and see how they look. Cause I can probably easily take them off anytime I decide to do without them.

5K hids
Which ones would be the best ones to buy.

Last edited by Zinda; 03-01-09 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-01-09, 06:25 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

I was also thinking about painting my calipers but what color would be good for the SGM? I haven't really seen SGM's with painted calipers.
Old 03-01-09, 06:46 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

painting calipers is always good on any colors.... oh btw.. the 5ks... u can try xenondepot? i think they have some... but yeah get my tom's haha
Old 03-02-09, 01:12 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im gonna go the other direction , then what other people have posted. IMO, a proper audio system should be up first. while a lot of people here have nice suspension or wheels, my audio system was put in first. i think all cars should have both hacks. never knew how nice it was to be able to do stuff while the car is moving.
Old 03-02-09, 07:05 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

yeah paint the calipers like acefalcon said, it's a great mod, inexpensive, and it will stand out. get some caliper stickers too

i have the nav override kit, it's definitly worth the money, and you never have a cut a wire.
Old 03-02-09, 07:06 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AM1
im gonna go the other direction , then what other people have posted. IMO, a proper audio system should be up first. while a lot of people here have nice suspension or wheels, my audio system was put in first. i think all cars should have both hacks. never knew how nice it was to be able to do stuff while the car is moving.
did you keep your factory headunit?
Old 03-02-09, 07:13 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Alright, which 5k hids are the best to get in terms of reliability and look?
Which color on the calipers would look good if I have a SGM? I am having trouble visualizing it because I have never really seen one with its calipers painted.
I am still having a lot of trouble trying to pick a body kit.
I also want to do something about my ugly DRL's.

Last edited by Zinda; 03-02-09 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-02-09, 07:48 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Zinda
Alright, which 5k hids are the best to get in terms of reliability and look?
Which color on the calipers would look good if I have a SGM? I am having trouble visualizing it because I have never really seen one with its calipers painted.
I am still having a lot of trouble trying to pick a body kit.
I also want to do something about my ugly DRL's.
best solution for DRL: Turn it off.... or LED's the next best...

Caliper Paint.... go Red that would stand out in a SGM.... i'm going to paint mine red while my car is Black....

Body kit... several options... what kinda look are you going for... as many have said... to get a subtle look go Tom's.... for wild aggressive, try Wald.... you can also try vertex or the JP Visage.. they look great too.. but

the HID try Xenondepot or MobileHID... do yours come with factory OEM HIDs>??
Old 03-02-09, 08:09 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by acefalcon2
best solution for DRL: Turn it off.... or LED's the next best...

Caliper Paint.... go Red that would stand out in a SGM.... i'm going to paint mine red while my car is Black....

Body kit... several options... what kinda look are you going for... as many have said... to get a subtle look go Tom's.... for wild aggressive, try Wald.... you can also try vertex or the JP Visage.. they look great too.. but

the HID try Xenondepot or MobileHID... do yours come with factory OEM HIDs>??
Yeah, for the DRL's I would like to go for led's but I am horrible at this lighting stuff.

I am going to take a look at the bodykits and probably decide later today.

Yeah, my car comes with OEM HID's and AFS. By the way will I lose my AFS ability if I change out the HID?
Old 03-02-09, 10:04 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

no.... you just need to get bulbs for the low beam .... but need the HID kit... for the fogs.... yeah

For LED DRL... go to V-Leds... they do sell them... remember to buy the DRL fix from them too... yeah... but try to get your dealer to turn them off... it's better

Quick Reply: Zinda’s IS350 Project Log